All reviews farm fresh eggs bedroom casita saguaro national park rocking chairs on the porch bird feeders washer dryer hiking trails tucson area peace and quiet thought of everything beautiful casitas fully furnished kitchen community center huge bedroom mile loop wood burning fireplace consummate hosts
Selected filters
Reviewed May 28, 2019

My husband & I stayed here in March for our 9 yr wedding anniversary. He's not good at planning surprises but he knocked it outta the park with this place! It is next to Saguaro National Park-how cool! We love nature & hiking, so this was perfect. We live locally but desperately needed a break from our 3 small children. The desert awaited us, but so did the ever helpful & kind hosts, Bill and Gretchen. We arrived Friday, went to "happy hour," that made it so we did not need to eat dinner & could just chill out. Then we lounged in a nearby hammock & watched the stars come out in the serene desert. It was BEAUTIFUL. We did a bit of hiking the next day & mostly relaxed. We hardly saw any people and there was no resort loudness/bustle. We relaxed on our porch with coffee. Gretchen's cookies were beyond delicious...your life will not be the same after you have one. You'll find ways to sneak a few more without looking like a big pig.
We played a game of pool & made steaks on the grill. Bill and Gretchen told us about the place & what their story and vision was for it. We may just have to make it a tradition to stay here. This is one of the cleanest locations I have ever stayed & they think of every detail! We enjoyed the jacuzzi tub. We even brought our son home a coyote stuffed animal that he cherishes. It was SO wonderful. Glad my husband saw the article featuring them in AZ Highways. If you seek solace, respite, beauty, nature and hospitality in the gorgeous desert, come to RCR!

Date of stay: March 2019
Bill and Gretch... S, Owner at Rincon Creek Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2019

M&D,
Thank you for your wonderful review, kind words, and compliments. We are glad you were able to enjoy all of the amenities right here at the Ranch, and just relax. We are very fortunate to have ample property to provide ample space between the casitas, so that they are not too far apart, but also allow each guest lots of privacy and stunning views. After three years of urging by Bill, Gretchen entered her cookies in the Pima County Fair this year and took home three blue ribbons! Bill's only regret was having to give up a dozen cookies for judging. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

I stumbled on Rincon Creek Ranch because I waited to long to book a place at a resort. For once, I am glad I procrastinated. It turned out to be just the place I dreamt of to stay during a vacation. You would be hard pressed to find a better host and hostess than Bill and Gretchen. What a pleasure to talk to these two. They did not leave any detail out in making this a perfect stay for my wife and I. There is a reason Rincon Creek Ranch won a 2017 and 2018 TripAdvisor Excellence Award. I am sure 2019 will be no different. While staying here, take advantage of a massage in the private room or in your own Casita.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Bill and Gretch... S, Owner at Rincon Creek Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2019

Larry & M,
Thank you for kind words and compliments. Although not your original intent, we are so glad you found your way to the Ranch, and enjoyed your stay exploring the property, enjoying the amenities including massages, and just relaxing on the porch. We enjoyed chatting with you and wish you the very best in your future endeavors. Good Luck and Happy Traveling!
~Bill & Gretchen

Reviewed April 15, 2019

If you are looking for peace and quiet combined with the beauty of Nature, plus impeccable hospitality, this is the place for you. We are very grateful to Bill and Gretchen for an amazing few days at their Ranch. Our Casita had a uniquely welcoming feel with the decor and all the amenities including fresh eggs and coffee beans for brewing. We really enjoyed watching nature from our rocking chairs on our patio.
Would do it again!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Bill and Gretch... S, Owner at Rincon Creek Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2019

B&S,
Thank you for your wonderful review. We looked forward greeting you each day as you sat reading in your rocker with your feet up. A vision of total relaxation. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay along with all of the amenities the Ranch has to offer. Best Wishes ands Happy Traveling.

Reviewed April 11, 2019

I have to admit I felt like this was all to good to be true at first and the only bad thing was that time did not slow down while we were there .... I am all about the details and I can tell you Bill and Gretchen did not miss a single detail. The casitas are beautiful equipped with EVERYTHING you need ... Fresh EGGS and GOOD coffee and the homemade German cookies and the happy hour and the and the .. LOL are just a few of the VERY special memories I will cherish forever. We hiked, we relaxed, we enjoyed the really cool tub, we explored, we had a fire, we cooked our meals (because we didnt want to leave) in the beautiful kitchen that has everything you need, we loved on their critters and we just got to UNPLUG ... you come as stranger and leave as friends is no joke ... we have been home a week now and I cant stop thinking about the Ranch .. LOVED it MISS it !

Room tip: there isnt a bad room or view
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Bill and Gretch... S, Owner at Rincon Creek Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2019

Christie & M,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and made use of all of the amenities we have to offer. We are glad WE were able to take a little break and just chat with you guys on the casita porch. One of the greatest rewards we receive in this business is getting to meet all of the wonderful people that have come to stay with us, and it is so rewarding to hear about all of the things they did that day, even it is was just to unplug. Its the happiness and joy they feel that is so infectious and pleasing. Best Wishes and Happy Traveling.

Reviewed April 5, 2019

My family stayed a few days in February during a very cold spell. The casitas are very well appointed for any weather. We had a nice roaring fire in the evenings which was lovely. The rooms were comfortable and spacious with all the conveniences. I can't say enough about how wonderful the owners are. They took us on tours of the property, gave us plenty of advice on things to do and were super nice to our kids. Every morning they took the kids to get eggs from the chickens - fun! We have 3 kids so they were also nice enough to put an extra bed in the 2nd bedroom for us. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Bill and Gretch... S, Owner at Rincon Creek Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2019

P&H,
Thank you for your kind words and compliments. Often, we don't get to spend as much time as we would like with our guests (and of course, some really prefer to stay to themselves), but we truly enjoyed the little extra time we spent with your family. We're also glad you got to enjoy many of the local sights and attractions. Even though our February was colder than usual (six inches of snow at the Ranch on February 22nd which didn't clear for several days), we really sympathized with what you had to return to in New York. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Best wishes and happy Traveling.
~Bill & Gretchen