“Fantastic!!”

Ranked #435 of 1,995 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Pizza
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

This unassuming little place has some of the best pizza in Tucson and their pesto is amazing. And...they deliver!!

Arizona
“Best tasting pizza dough in Tuscon!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Wish this place had a decent sit down area. It's also expensive for a take out joint. But the pizza is incredibly chewy and tasty! Best pizza dough I've had west of the Mississippi. Decided to go with the alfredo sauce and had grilled chicken and red onions. It was incredible! Lower the price Fresco and/or get a decent dine-in atmosphere going!

Visited November 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“In every detail, the best Pizza in Tucson”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Fresco even grinds their own pizza cheese from scratch. They'll do it their traditional way or to your specifications. I always have them square cut mine into bite size pieces and ever piece, every bit of crust is worth popping into your mouth. You can just about sense the the fragrance of the extra virgin olive oil gracing the home made sauce. They have pesto as well and a wide selection of quality ingredients.

Also, try the pasta. The portions are generous. Tell them what you want and that's what you'll get, only maybe even better. The location is great for U of A events or before a trip to the Cinema at El Con Shopping Mall.

This is my choice for pizza, dine in, take home or delivery. Yep, and they offer coupons on line.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Slimjake
Calgary, Canada
“Hands down, best pizza in the United States”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I'm not joking... this is the best pizza I have ever had. I don't live in Tucson anymore, but I still have cravings for Fresco. My first taste of these exceptional pizza pies was at The Loft Cinema -- where they serve two kinds at the concessions counter. I was blown away. The crust is chewy and perfect, and the toppings are fresh and fantastic.

Speaking of fresh and fantastic -- try their chicken and veggie pizza called the "Fresh and Fantastic"... it's smothered in ricotta cheese, fresh veggies and garlic. It's my favorite! Plus they deliver for free -- to a VERY WIDE delivery radius. I lived on Grant/Wilmot and they still delivered to my place. Their pastas are amazing too!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Re C
“Definitely the best!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Unlike the previous reviewer, I AM picky about pizza, and Fresco is the only place I'll order from when I'm home in Tucson. I judge a pizza place by the quality of their tomato sauce--I figure if they put heart and soul into that, the rest of the pizza will be as good. Fresco definitely puts heart and soul into their sauce, and the rest of the toppings are very fresh and generous. They have dozens of traditional and specialty pizzas, but their Great Greek is my favorite--it's like there are five or six different flavors in every bite. The crust is just as delicious as the sauce and the rest of the ingredients. It's a real struggle for me to just eat part of the medium pie and not the whole thing!

The Wilmot Road location is no longer open. The current location is at 3011 East Speedway. I've only had pizza delivered (delivery is free and fast) so have not eaten inside and cannot comment on atmosphere.

• Visited June 2012