“Awesome Stay”

Ranked #39 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Denver, Colorado
“Awesome Stay”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

we were visiting a family member in Sahuarita and this location was perfect! The hotel staff were extremely friendly and the room was VERY clean. The breakfast was really good too. And the pool and basketball court a super plus specially for my kids. We will sure go back to this hotel when visiting Tucson again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ana B
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Hello Ana and thank you so much for the great review and your comments. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. I am glad your kids enjoyed the pool and all we had to offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
SANTAROSA
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying May 18 & 19. The hotel was immaculate and rooms large and very comfortable. When we opened the door we were amazed to see a table beautifully set with 2 placesettings all ready for dinner. A full hot breakfast was served as well as a very nice liite dinner, (sloppy joes, French fries, and salad) there was no reason to leave the hotel. We met the manager, Christopher Cavin, he was a very nice gentleman and could not have been more helpful, even to personally changing a light bulb in our room.
Do yourself a favor and stay here, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank BILLANDRENE
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Hello Bill and thank you very much for our great comments and for your review of our hotel. I could not be more pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. It was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife and I enjoyed talking with you each day. Thank you again for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Tucson.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed at this particular location mainly due to its proximity to Kitt Peak as we had tickets for a late night tour there recently.

We arrived early. Though our room was not ready, they let us hang out by the pool (which is very nice and a good size for this type of hotel) until it was ready.

The rooms are beautiful. We have stayed at several residence inns and this one was by fat the nicest. It feels like a much more expensive property.

The staffs as professional and attentive and the breakfast was wonderful. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jacknmichaelsmom
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Hello and thank you for your great review and comments. I was so pleased to read that we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with us. I will be sure to share your entire review with my entire team during our morning huddle. Thank you again for your great review and my team and I look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Tucson.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had a quick trip into Tucson at the end of March. We arrived around 10:00 AM on a Saturday morning and were able to check in early to our room. In addition we was able to get a room with a patio. It was so nice to come down the warm weather and be able to sit outside and enjoy the evening. The breakfast each day was very good. The staff was very helpful for all aspects of our trip. We will be in the Tucson area again over the next couple of months and I already plan on returning to this hotel. Price is right, location perfect for us and having the outdoor space is awesome.

Room Tip: If you like to sit out there are large studio suites that have outside patios.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank STANLEE W
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Hello and Thank you for the great review and comments. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the patio room to enjoy the warm sunshine. We are having some great weather this spring. We look forward to your return later this year. If we can do anything for you before then, please let us know. See you soon!!!
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Exceptional service, food, atmosphere, employees, careful service, clean! Have been here going on 30 days; eat well, jacuzzi, indoor work out room, lovely lovely grounds, sterling clean rooms and amenities are over the top! I would HIGHLY recommend this wonderful property to anyone in need of "being spoiled" or over the top treatment for JUST THE RIGHT PRICE. Delightful, caring manager sees to all guests needs and front office staff is available 24/7/365 for business needs i.e., FAX, scan, email, UPS, FEDEX, cookies and more cookies! Stay here, you'll feel right at home....it's a residence, after all!

Room Tip: choose a garden room -- one with its own balcony or patio....garden/pool side is also exemplary
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hello Bonnie T. and thank you for your fantastic review and comments. I will be sure to share all your comments with my entire team during our morning huddle. I was so happy to read all the positives comments and I am so happy my team provided you with great care during your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in Tucson
Blackstone, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn Airport to catch our early flight home from Tucson.

We found the hotel appealing and clean, and staff overall friendly and helpful.

I had requested the 3rd floor when I booked and we were put on the 2nd floor. Not an issue but being a many year Marriott rewards holder I would have expected more.

We wanted to drop off the car the night before our stay to make it easier in the AM, and we had heard about vehicle break ins on line. We did confirm with the manager on duty that break ins can happen as the hotel is on the south side of Tucson. However the area overall seemed safe.

The strange thing is that the hotel did not have a shuttle driver that evening so we had to use the Hilton bus which is affiliated. That went fine. We were also told that their Marriott shuttle runs 24 hours a day and to call down 10 minutes before we wanted to leave the next morning so they can make sure they are ready.

Well at 4:20AM I call the front desk and no answer. I called back a few minutes later and no answer. I decide to go down stars to the front desk, and NO one was around. I walk the general lobby area and no one was around. Now I'm panicking as we had a 6:00AM flight. Thank goodness they had some Hilton cards on their counter so I called them and they came over immediately.

At a minimum I would have expected a note on the front counter where they were.

I would have rated at least 4 stars but with the couple of observations find it difficult to do, plus we left to early to see how the breakfast was.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hello RayV555 and thank you very much for your review of our hotel and comments. I would like to personally thank you for some great comments and overall I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. On a side note, we do share Airport runs with our sister hotel. They do help us out with our Airport shuttle to make sure that all our guests get to and from the airport. I do apologize that my Night auditor was not at the desk during your early morning checkout. He was delivering our express checkouts to our guests. I will make sure he does leave a note at the front desk when he is away. Thank you again for all your comments and I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
London
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed here for a week at the end of March. As we arrived late, I was scared we'd get given an access room - which has happened to us more than once before at other hotels (I don't like being given access rooms as there is no counter space in the bathroom). I needn't have worried, a perfectly nice room on the second floor had been saved for us.

The rooms are spacey, spotlessly clean, nicely appointed (relaxing earthy and neutral colours) and very comfortable. Other reviewers have mentioned the beds being uncomfortable - I found them VERY comfortable - not too hard, not too soft. Other reviewers also mentioned noise problems. We were there for a week, and we had none, even though it was pretty busy.

There is a FULL kitchen in the rooms (as least there was in ours, room 243). Expedia didn't make this clear. I thought there was just going to be a stovetop, so it was a nice surprise to see a full oven.

The pool area is clean and pleasant, and the pool is heated to just the right temperature.

There is always free tea/coffee/iced tea in the lobby, which is a nice touch, and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. I was shocked, when asking for info about Saguaro National Park, that the staff member said she'd never been there!! BUT, she was very helpful and prepared to look up whatever info I wanted on the internet.

CONS: Only one really. One day we came back late from a very long hike, and our room hadn't received housekeeping, even though we'd left early and made sure to take the 'do not disturb.' sign off the door. I called down to reception and all the steff member could do was bring me up new towels, as she was the only member off staff on. This was a pain in the neck. We also had to change our bed sheet, as the housekeeper the day before had put on a fitted sheet that was too small, so it kept coming off (I think she'd accidentally used one that was meant for the sofa bed).

The only other thing that could be a con is that it really IS miles from town, and the hiking areas. If you are aware of this before you go, and you have a car, it's fine.

I would love to stay at this hotel again. If you want a great hotel, but only want to pay half the price you'd pay in town - stay here!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for the wonderful review and for your great comments. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with my entire team during our morning huddle. I do apologize about the housekeeping issue. I will speak directly with our Executive Housekeeper to make sure we double check all guest rooms that may have had their “DND” sign on the door. Thank you again and we hope to see you again next time you are in Tucson.