“Cold food” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Tucson AZ
“Cold food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

Looks can fool you. We went at 11:15 am. Several dishes were either cold or room temperature. Soup was hot.,

2 Thank mpm7

Asheville, North Carolina
“The most authentic and high quality Chinese Food in Tucson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

I went to Dragon View with a friend of mine who is Chinese-American and connected to the local Chinese American community. This place is a favorite of the group because of its authenticity and because of the warm hospitality of Mr. Gee who runs the place. On the outside it looks like a typical Chinese buffet joint that is gloppy Americanized Chinese food. Instead, go in, sit down and grab the menu. Honestly, most say the buffet is great and I am sure it is, but you should get the menu and ask for the Asian menu (it is translated into English). Here you will find specials of the house and items not on the regular menu. There are 5-6 kinds of duck including a Peking Duck that you do not have to order ahead of time. We got it, shared it, and it was among the best I have had. Crispy skin, incrediblty tender meat, and not as fatty as some I have had. It is served with traditional "buns", onions, and sauce. It makes me want more as I write this. The Asian menu also includes traditional Chinese hotpots. We ordered a curried one with beef and it was, again, amazing. We also had an appetizer sampler. It was good, but not remarkable. Typical selections of ribs, deep fried shrimp, potsticker, and spring roll...eh...on that, but not bad either.

This place took me back to my favorite Chinese place in San Frans China town (Hunan Home) and the duck reminded me of the duck I always get there.

This place is just plain fantastic. I will never eat Chinese anywhere else in town...it just wont compare.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank MelandRog
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The best chinese buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2009

The best chinese buffet

5 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Take out on the way home...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2008

Take out on the way home from work. Secret pleasure.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My favorite chinese here...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2008

My favorite chinese here in Tucson

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Dragon View Restaurant? Share your experiences!