“Holy Guacamole”
Review of BLANCO

BLANCO
Reserve with OpenTable
BLANCO is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,989 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tucson, Arizona
“Holy Guacamole”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I had just purchased a cup of tea at a nearby shop and asked if I could bring it in with me. They were very kind and treated me as though I was having drinks and dessert. I had the tortilla soup and the guacamole. The guacamole tasted very fresh and the soup was perfect for the day. Creamy but not heavy. Great service and food makes one want to return. Thank you Apple Store for being so crowded I got the opportunity to have a light meal.

• Visited January 2013

Wenatchee, Washington
“Fun place to eat”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We ate here again last night. The food is good, the atmosphere is relaxed. We arrived early and made the "happy hour" with half off some drinks and their appetizers. We don't drink but ordered a bowl of Tortilla Soup which not only is delicious but a good size bowl with lots of chicken and it only cost us $3.50 each! When we finished our soup and the warm delicious chips and salsa we were very satisfied. Who can eat a full meal in a great place for better than that?

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank T P
Bellevue, Washington
“A Twice Yearly Must Visit”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and I visit Tucson several times a year. We always go to Blanco for lunch. Nice to sit outside, sip some great tequila and have excellent Mexican food. Staff is attentive and friendly. Service is quick, facilities are clean and food has never failed to please. The tacos are a favorite of ours and portions are just right, not too big and not too small. The restaurant is pet friendly as well. Our stay in Tucson is never complete without a trip to eat at Blanco. Worth checking out.

• Visited December 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Tastey but a bit overpriced”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I had lunch here recently and enjoyed it quite a bit. My chicken tacos were excellent and my wife's shrimp tacos equally good. The black beans are delicious. The salsa is some of the best I've ever had and the guac very good as well. The food is good, the view outstanding from the patio and the service first rate. But the tab came to over $50 with a beer and white wine. I know this is La Encantada, but that seems high to me.

• Visited November 2012
Effingham, Illinois
“Delicious with a View!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We live in the midwest but are fortunate enough to get to Tucson several times a year to visit with our son who attends UA. We rarely miss a chance to visit Blanco Tacos & Tequila for happy hour. The food and drinks are downright delicious, plus the view is fabulous. Blanco is located in the beautiful Catalina Foothills in a very nice upscale mall called La Encantada. Chips and salsa are complimentary. You won't find better margaritas and guacamole anywhere in the southwest, and with half price happy hours (margaritas, beer, appetizers), the price is unbelievably low for the high quality food that they serve. I can say without reservation that Blanco is a "don't miss" in the Tucson area. Give it a try!

• Visited October 2012