“Hyatt Place is THE place to stay”

Hyatt Place Tucson Airport
Ranked #36 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed December 16, 2009

After a horrible experience in booking through Expedia, I went to web site and looked for place to stay near Tucson airport, and my cousin and I took a chance on Hyatt Place. Thanks goodness we did--check-in was a breeze, the room was superb, everything worked and the food service 24/7 to room and out in the lobby in the morning was super. Staff, inlcuding manager was on site, attentive to everything and these people CARE if you stay with them again. Expedia got me in here after I yelled at them for the 'other' place they'd advertised was a dump and I will be looking for Hyatt Place anyplace I go when I travel. They were so easy to check-in, check-out, gave me directions to 2 area things I was looking for--repeated them twice (I was tired) and had great music playing in the lobby and super plasma TVs to watch while dining...They saved the vacation for us.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank DLWTexas

Reviewed December 8, 2009

Needed a place to crash after a long flight in from Hong Kong. Tried shopping around to save money, but was so tired I thought the place was worth a splurge. The glistening lobby was beautiful, and smelled fantastic. I knew I was in trouble as soon as I boarded the elevator: tired and dirty, as were the upstairs room corridors. The room was OK, but would have traded some of the lobby luxury for a bit more oomph upstairs. Best thing: comfortable bed. Worst thing: chronic thievery from cars parked in the airport hotel lots.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank yippeeki
Reviewed October 29, 2009

Stayed 5 nights in October and used this hotel as a base to discover the Ucson area, namely Sugaro National Park, Tombstone, Kitt Peak and PIMA air & Space museum.
Our experience of this hotel was excellent. Our pickup from the airport was hassel free as was check-in. Rooms were nice, well furnished and my only complaint would be the A/C system was very noisy, but nothing ear plugs couldnt handle.
A warning though about location. There is no eating extablishments close at hand. You need a vehicle and to go at least to E Valencia Rd fast food strip to dine. But for accessing the places we wanted to visit, the location was good. Tucson is VERY spread out. There is a shopping centre located 5 miles away from the hotel.
Special mention to Doug, the hotel concierge - very friendly and very helpful. We had some amazon shopping pre delivered to the hotel and it was all safe and ready foe us on arrival.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2009

We have stayed at the Hyatt Place in Tucson on several occasions and have never had a single bad experience. The rooms are newly renovated, and could be the nicest rooms in Tucson. The staff is very friendly and we always enjoy our stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Stayed one night at Hyatt Place Tucson. Staff was very welcoming and accommodated early check-in for tired traveler. Purchased deli sandwich at lunch which they heated and put on plate to take to room. Clean, quite, up-dated room larger than expected.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2009

This hotel was a really nice hotel. The staff was very friendly from the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out. We had a king size bed and the bed was really comfortable. There was a nice little livingroom with a very modern sofa and a miniature kitchen. Everything in the lobby and in the room was very clean. We did receive a tour of the lobby and told about the free breakfast when we checked in. The only thing i would disagree with about our room was that the room was not as spacious as other opinions on tripadvisor had stated. The room was good for one night though and we would definitely stay there again. Hotel was even very quiet.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2009

Very nice place...the rooms are fabulous.

One of the staff was not very friendly, but I didn't really care once I got into my spacious modern and clean room. It was very quiet, and the bed was super comfortable with tons of pillows.

The only problem was the lack of restaurant...but they do offer breakfast in the mornings as part of your stay.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business