“Fantastic value”

Ranked #43 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Fantastic value”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt in Tucson after spending two nights in a hotel in the same area, we were surprised that the Hyatt was cheaper and was really impressed with the room and facilities on offer for the money. Breakfast was good with a wide choice of items.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Salem, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Just stayed here for two nights and this was not a hotel I would recommend or stay at again. Stayed on the fourth floor which had no ice or vending machines. Also the shower had no hot water. I had several other people with me on this trip who stayed in other rooms that had the same issue. The staff was friendly though and the lobby was nicely decorated. Also the rooms were very spacious. The closet was extremely tiny though. The wireless was free and had a strong signal. Not that this is a big deal but the elevators were the ugliest things I have ever seen. They were swirled gold and looked like something out of a bad 70s adult movie.

All in all not a horrible place and had some nice features but the shower and small closet would prevent me from staying here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Booked this hotel online using Booking.Com and was very pleased. The hotel is near the airport but noise is not a problem at all. The room was very spacious, clean and a unique set up where the large screen HD TV could be swiveled so you could watch it from the sleeping area or switch it if you were sitting in the very nice lounge area of the room. Get to breakfast early, only problem was they didn't have enough staff to properly stock the buffet breakfast so things ran out quickly. Good selection of breakfast items when they were available. Would definitely stay again when I visit Tucson.

Room Tip: Seems like the air conditiioners are all located on the 2nd floor level, In the high heat of the su...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ames, IA
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed here by myself for three nights (Saturday, Sunday, Monday) in Room 203 on business and to visit friends and family in the area.

It is OK if you wish to have a nice place to sleep that is by the airport. Nothing too fancy here, but nothing bad. There is no full service restaurant. The room was clean enough, and I had a restful sleep in Room 203, which faces the parking lot. Don't expect great views in any room here.

The bathroom is a bit small with the main sink outside the bathroom. Service was good and responsive when I reported that my small refrigerator was not working.

I would not recommend it if you want a hotel with more extensive services and amenities, but it will do especially if you are alone on business, and just need the basics.

For a couple or family who wants a truly amazing place or resort experience in Tucson, I would recommend the Marriott Starr Pass (which I reviewed here).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Saint Louis
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Place due to the close proximity to the airport. That would be the main reason to stay there. The hotel room was decent and clean. Bathroom was small but TV and sitting area was nice. The TV was large and easy to swivel to see in the sitting area or sleep area. This room looked like all other Hyatt Places. The hotel, at least during my stay, was very quite. I had an early flight and coffee was ready as I departed around 5:30 am. Staff was very nice!!

My complaint has nothing to do with the hotel but rather the area around the airport. There is nothing to eat or do to occupy a couple of hours. The closet restaurants were things such as Dennys, Olive Garden, etc. That said, the hotel shuttle, within reason will take you to nearby attraction. The only attraction, however, is a casino.

So, if you need an airport hotel. This is a decent one.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Hyatt Place near the Tucson Airport. The breakfast had a large variety and was very good each morning. Our room was very nice. Jaime at the front desk was a gracious and fun host ! If we journey to Tucson again we will stay at this Hyatt Place. Thanks again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed in a Hyatt Place in Carlsbad, CA and will go back there in a heartbeat. This hyatt was different. Not necessarily bad, but not as good either. The room was much smaller, with the bathroom being really small. I liked that there was a refrigerator in the room, but with the sofa bed open, there was barely any room left.

The breakfast was good, except there were too many people and not enough seating. The hot dishes that were offered ran out immediately and it took a long time before they got refilled. They ran out of glasses for the juice and silverware.

The location is fine, but I guess that depends on where you want to go. There's not much in the way of sit down restaurants nearby. Mostly we saw fast food. I never felt unsafe in the area.

We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it looked clean. It was quiet and I never heard my neighbors above or below me. One thing I really didn't like was that there were only 3 towels and there were 4 of us in the room. Also, we couldn't find the blanket for the sofa bed and it took some time for the staff to locate one.

I would probably stay again if necessary, but I would have liked more room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family