“Not up to Par of a Hyatt”

Hyatt Place Tucson Airport
Ranked #43 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Belle Fourche
“Not up to Par of a Hyatt”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed while travelling from Houston to California. When I arrived late at night, the front desk person ignored me for five minutes. I wasn't sure he was an employee as he was not dressed in the usual manner of the Hyatt. When I went to the room, the carpet and couch were stained and dirty and I didn't want to take my shoes off. The bed was clean and I slept well. Breakfast was okay. This place just needs a bit of tlc! The sink drain was broken.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Stacey R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I do not stay at "Hyatts" or its affiliates hardly ever, but I've heard that they are on the nicer end, and I'd assume so at $180/night.

Due to the Gem show spectacular, this was the only hotel around the area that wasn't sold out. I met a man on the elevator that frequents these Hyatt Places, and was informed that this is NOT the way these normally look or are run. I was relieved in a way, because I thought otherwise people be crazy to pay that much for a normal night.

1) For this whole week I've been here, service has never once been on point. If I wasn't waiting on something, I ALWAYS saw someone else waiting for napkins (I went under the counter to grab napkins 3 times this week), to be checked in/out, to be served at the bar, to get ketchup for their breakfast items, etc. no matter if there were 3 people or 20...... I would expect a place like this to be more attentive to customer needs/wants.

2) Everyday except one I believe my room wasn't as clean as I think it should have been. One day I didn't even get shampoo/conditioner. When I called down, I was asked by a girl receptionist to come and get it or wait 5 minutes. I then waited for 35 minutes, called down again, and finally had a gentlemen bring some up for me. Also, be warned they do not clean out the sinks/toilets/showers everyday. I'm not a messy person, but I would still like a good wipe down and to throw all the trash away.

Those are really the two major things I have to complain about this hotel, and most of that I could care less if it wasn't so expensive to stay here and it didn't come with such a high reputation. I was greatly disappointed.

On another note: THERE IS NO ROOM TO STORE CLOTHES. For someone to tends to stay at places awhile, I have a few clothes. There's a small closet, and 3 half drawers to store your belongings. Also, the door to the restrooms are so tight that you have to scrunch into a corner, and then close the door. I really don't get it. Who designs these?

The size of the room is plenty big for a more customer-friendly room. Also, my fridge didn't work very well, no rooms have microwaves, and the staff seemed to have an overall "I wish I was somewhere else" attitude.

Good things: The beds are comfy, my wake-up call came every morning, food tasted decent (not always warm for breakfast, but good) and the flatbreads were delicious, everything worked for the most part, the managers seemed to care, but just didn't seem to have the staff to back it up.

I hope this helps this particular Hyatt Place to work towards some improvements to match the reputation other Hyatt Places and its affiliates tend to hold.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank businesswoman2014
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The rooms were huge, comfortable and clean, the staff was friendly and accommodating especially Jamie! he has great customer service skills . They had breakfast in the mornings that was really great and plentiful. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Pros: convenient to the airport and nice staff. Upon reading my cons section you'll, see what I mean but I as a problem with a room upon arrival and the staff was very responsive in correcting the situation. The breakfast was also fresh and decent variety understanding this is the typical small hotel buffet.

Cons: cleaning staff needs to put more focus on the rooms. The first room I got was dirty and I actually switched. In 20 yrs of staying in hotels for work, it's the first time I had to do that.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Austin, TX
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I felt very comfortable here. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and nicely maintained. The area is a bit rough - like most of south Tucson - but not scary. This is not a destination hotel, after all. It was like a refuge on our travels - good place to recharge. Great value - price was excellent.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed here for two nights in order to go to the Fiesta Bowl. The hotel is about three minutes from the airport and was two hours to the game. The rooms were huge and comfortable and the staff was friendly and very very helpful. They had breakfast in the mornings that was one of the best hotel breakfasts that I have ever had.

If you are in Tucson, or are looking for a cheaper place to stay before a game in Glendale this place is worth checking out. The drive to the game was easy and the money we saved staying here was well worth it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed one night before moving to our timeshare. Room was very comfortable (spacious everywhere except bathroom area), free breakfast was excellent. Only glitch was their 24/7 Gallery menu. We'd had a long road trip to get here and really wanted to just stay in and grab some food, but they only had appetizers and soups and my husband wanted something more. Front desk person indicated they hadn't gotten a delivery - wondered how they were going to do breakfast in the morning but that was fine.??

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple