“Convenient location. Price was right. Ask for a room in the back.”

Days Inn & Suites Tucson AZ
Ranked #103 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
California
“Convenient location. Price was right. Ask for a room in the back.”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was passing through Tucson and just needed a cheap bed for the night. The location of this hotel is very convenient. It's near the freeway, and near a busy part of town.

I also liked the price, since it was very cheap. Obviously, I don't expect much from a cheap hotel. The question isn't whether or not the place is really nice. Of course it's not really nice. That's why it's cheap. In my mind, when evaluating a cheap hotel I consider whether or not I got my money's worth. Specifically, did the price match what I got?

In this case, I feel like I got appropriate value for my money. The room was a little old and drap, and the breakfast was weak. That's what I expected for the cheap price, so I was not disappointed.

Since the hotel is right by the freeway, it's a good idea to get a room in the back to avoid the freeway noise.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chihuahua, Mexico
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This was the worse hotel-experience ever. As someone else said, I always check Tripadvisor first, to know where i´m will stay, but this time I was driving from Las Vegas and didn't have any reservations on any part. I checked it was a good price (68 with tax) and stayed here. The person at the reception was nice, the only good thing of the hotel. First the door that connects the rooms from the street is completely open, so anyone can get within the corridor. Then there was a man who seemed stoned singing on the stairs all loud. When we entered the room was horrible. The carpet where dirty, the "living room" was smelly, the "kitchen" was dirty and old. The room whit the bed was very small, the smoke detector was suspended from the ceiling. The roof was cracked. The air conditioning was very old and noisy. The Cabinet had no doors, and the internet didn't worked. I decided to retire from the Hotel even more when a person began to shout the man singing outside. The worst experience, take another option in the city. The Hilton East was excellent when I arrived there a week ago.

Esta fue la peor hotel-experiencia que he tenido. Como dijo otra persona, siempre reviso Tripadvisor primero, para saber dónde i´m va una estancia, pero esta vez yo estaba conduciendo desde Las Vegas y no tuve ninguna reserva en ninguna parte. Comprobé era un buen precio (68 con impuestos) y se quedó aquí. La persona en la recepción era amable, lo único bueno del hotel. Primero la puerta para conectar a las habitaciones está abierta, por lo que cualquiera puede obtener dentro del corredor. Luego hubo un hombre que parecía empedrado cantando en las escaleras todo fuerte. Cuando entramos en la sala fue horrible. Las alfombras donde teñido, el "living room" era maloliente, el "kitchen" era sucio y viejo. La habitación era muy pequeña, el detector de incendio estaba colgado del techo. El techo estaba agrietado. El aire acondicionado era muy viejo y hace mucho ruido. El armario no tenía puertas, y el internet no funciono. He decidido retirarse del Hotel aún más cuando una persona comenzó a gritar con el hombre cantando fuera. La peor experiencia, tomar otra opción en la ciudad. El Oriente de Hilton fue excelente cuando llegué allí hace una semana

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luisrflores

Travelers are raving about these Tucson hotels

Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed March 10, 2012

At first I was concerned. The gated courtyards with parking on the outside, the food truck next door, the people wandering the street with their shopping carts. But once inside, the room was bare but comfortable. The bed great. Clean bath and carpeting. Would I stay again, maybe. I would have liked having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. But for the season and price it was an OK stay. And the car wasn't unsafe.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room towards the back. It is a longer walk to the car but closer to the pool...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Mansfield, Texas
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I stayed her because the online pictures described the hotel as something it is not. The room had a foul odor. The air conditioner was huge and very loud. When I checked out there were suspicious people hanging outside at 3 am. After checking out the hotel claimed I never checked out and left damage in the room. I never recieved a receipt for check in or out of the hotel. When I attempted to inquire about the charges the clerk repeatedly hung up in my face. This place is disgusting and dirty and you may be charged for things you didn't do .. stay away...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank roseyposey22
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed March 20, 2011

The manager was EXTREMELY rude. We were upgraded to a suite because our reserved single room was unavailable (inexplicably). We asked the morning desk clerk if we need to move rooms, and he told us we should stay in our current room at no additional cost. We returned from a day of sightseeing to find that the manager had our belongings moved into another room. After confronting him as to why our belongings were disturbed, he said I "had to take some blame for this" and he was "doing [us] a courtesy" because they "usually throw out things left in the room after 11:00". He then told us to leave his hotel. I have traveled around the world many times, and have never been treated so rudely anywhere. We were treated as if we were criminals. This disgusting facility is poorly managed and I would never recommend it to anyone. The management's behavior is UNACCEPTABLE.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Agentjay79
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed March 10, 2011

This place is HORRIBLE. I was actually somewhat pleased with the room. It had two rooms two beds a kitchen (with stove, fridge, sink and microwave) and two entrances. For the price I paid, I was actually very happy with that. The problem is the management. I was going to a bachelorette party (which is why I got a hotel near the place we were going) and all my friends met me at my hotel room so we could all take a cab together. We get a knock at the door from the manager 10 minutes later telling us he is kicking us out for partying and having more then the one person in the hotel room. Oh and I still have to pay for the night. I WAS THERE FOR 2 HOURS! If anyone is in the Tucson area, do not go to Days Inn. No visitor policy? Who does that? Excuse me for being human and having social relations with other humans.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank chelsey0000
tucson
Reviewed March 9, 2011

wow,so high price for the room with 2 queen bed and very dirty.never again will come there and please don't go ,we found the second bed somebody use last time(before us) and found used condom and tissues on the floor.Yuck,at least their housekeeper should be clean for next guest.wow,wow so baaaad

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business