My daughter and I just returned home from a business trip (for me) vacation (for her) at Westin LaPaloma, and we're still wishing we were there.
We had beautiful, sunny (but cool) weather throughout our stay. While I attended meetings, my daughter had an awesome experience playing golf with the desert terrain and Catalina Mountains as a backdrop. The golf staff was above and beyond with special thanks to Josh Brown. She'll remember playing golf at LaPaloma forever. We had a wonderful dinner at The Grill at the country club facilities. She also enjoyed the beautiful pool area with hot tubs and heated pools. The tennis staff was also great though she did not have time to play. We also learned that there was a ski resort close by at Mt Lemmon (9,000 ft. elevation), that she would have gone off to if our stay was longer.
Though my stay was for business purposes, I had a very enjoyable time as well. The hotel staff scored top marks for customer service and making sure that meeting attendees were well taken care of. I am the meeting coordinator for my department, which is within a large, global corporation. I received numerous positive comments on the excellent staff as well as remarks that the food was the best we've had at any of our regional and national meetings. The meeting space ranks at the top with well appointed meeting rooms that included spectacular views and patios. The meeting and hotel staff were all very attentive and welcoming with many thanks to Rob, Jeniffer, and my favorite of all, Peter.
I do have to agree with other reviews regarding the hotel rooms. I would rate the rooms a 3-star only (with the remainder of resort and amenities a definite 4-star). I don't know the date set to start renovation, but understand updating the rooms are in the works. Also, the hi-fi charge may need to be reconsidered as it is on the very high side. Some of the landscaping around the rooms could use some sprucing up as well. (planter boxes)
I would definitely recommend the Westin LaPaloma for business meetings and vacations, and hope to return some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newest level of luxury in the Southwest at Tucson's iconic Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa. This AAA Four-Diamond resort, beautifully situated in the lush foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains, has undergone a $305 million resort-wide rejuvenation. The result is a more contemporary, personalized flare to the resort's renowned elegance that exceeds expectations and fulfills every guests needs. Each of the 487 spacious guest rooms (including 25 expansive suites) have been meticulously reappointed, with attention to the smallest details, to provide the most relaxing and convenient space to unwind. A perfect getaway for couples, families or corporate retreats, The Westin La Paloma Resort offers world-class amenities including five re-imagined resort swimming pools and the 177a€™ Sidewinder water-slide; 27 holes of Jack Nicklaus Signature golf; the full-service, restorative Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa; WestinWORKOUT Fitness Center; Kids Club; and 8 exceptional dining options. Just 25 minutes from the Tucson International Airport, The Westin La Paloma Resort is conveniently located near art galleries, shopping, and a wide variety of signature destination attractions and dining. Courtesy transportation is provided for guests via new Mercedes Sprinters to the upscale La Encantada shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Paloma Hotel Tucson
- Westin Tucson
- Westin La Paloma Tucson Arizona
- Tucson Westin