“Great Pool and Delicious Cocktails”

Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa
Ranked #18 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Santa Teresa, Costa Rica
“Great Pool and Delicious Cocktails”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

So my mom from NYC insisted on coming to Tucson in July. The first thing I told her was, "We are staying at La Paloma" As far as resorts go, La Paloma is the most centrally-located. I have had the luxury in staying in most of the bigger resorts here in town but i always recommend the Westin whenever anyone asks. We had dinner at the new Azul Restaurant and everything was fantastic.I was only bummed that some lightning strikes had put the water slide out of commission during our stay! I wish more of my NY people would come to visit so that i could stay there more.

• Stayed July 2010
billp82, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, August 3, 2010
Thank you for posting about coming to La Paloma with your Mom all the way from NYC. Sorry you missed the slide experience, but had the opportunity to see our summer monsoons. I hope you will be back with you family and friends soon.
William Petrella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (780)
Chandler
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Great property, rooms and landscape. As always I recommend the Westin to friends looking for a getaway from Phoenix.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for recommending our resort to your friends as we are a great location to visit from Phoenix, especially in the summer.
Colleyville, Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Wow! My bellman, Jesus Gutierrez, helped me to my room and thus, began the excellent service at La Paloma. This was just a quick, weekend getaway, but how delightful it was to be able to spend time by the pool and soak up some of that Arizona sun. I have been a fan of La Paloma for years -- since the days when I used to live in Tucson. If you're coming to La Paloma looking for lavish accommodations, then La Paloma is not your place. The rooms are in need of serious renovation and updating. However, the grounds and views are spectacular, and the location puts you near everything you'd want to see in Tucson. We tried a couple of the restaurants and they were great. They were offering a kids' promotion where for $10/day the kids could have anything off the kids menu at no charge. They offered that at all their restaurants (including poolside). The kids really enjoyed that. They also loved the waterslide. I would definitely stay here again and am hoping that the Westin puts some serious money into La Paloma in order to make it a top competitor in Tucson.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for writing about how La Paloma is a great location for family fun. We are continually renewing our property and hope you will be back soon to see each and every enhancement.
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I just arrived at the Westin La Paloma for a business conference and have only stayed one night of six. The hotel is beautiful, the bed exceedingly comfortable, and the staff very helpful. Two people I would like to single out...

Jesus Gutierrez helped transport my luggage from the parking structure to my room. He provided a short tour of the facility and answered all of my questions on how to get around.

Cole (I didn't catch his last name) in the Azul Restaurant provided excellent wait service. When I inquired about where I could purchase a six pack of diet soda, Cole went to check if the gift shop was still open and returned with a complimentary six pack. It was a definate surprise!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for being so quick, the very first day, to complement our associates. I’m sure you will cross paths with many more of our associates who are ready to make each moment a memory.
Albany, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Many things stood out to me on my 8-night stay at this resort, but the two most amazing were the surroundings and the service. The grounds are meticulous and beautiful. The pool area is perfect because there is an adult-only pool area for those of us who are not traveling with children and would like to keep it that way. Views of the mountains are breathtaking, and the resort itself is lush with native plants. The rooms are amazing-- meticulously clean, well-stocked with necessities, and extremely comfortable. Getting into the bed each night felt like wrapping myself up in a big puffy cloud.
As for the service, I've never been better cared for than at this resort, including other Westins. Every single employee with whom I came into contact was friendly, respectful, and genuinely interested in helping. Front desk, room service, health club, bell service, valet, poolside servers, housekeeping, restaurant/bar servers, even the employees in the gift shops--every single one of them exceeded my expectations as far as making me feel like royalty here at the resort. (And I'm pretty far from it!) I highly, highly recommend this resort as a perfect getaway whether it is with friends, for romance, or with family...it is, in a nutshell, what I'd hope heaven is like when I (hopefully) get there!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing about why La Paloma was a perfect place for you to stay. As you noted we have a variety of areas and activities for everyone. I look forward to your next vacation where we can treat you like royalty once again. You deserve each and every moment.
Holbrook, Arizona
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I have been staying at the Westin La Paloma for business for several years. The employees were helpful and professional. The hotel was clean and well maintained! These factors allow me to do my business without distractions! Dawn Glass continues to help me with room arrangements. I can always rely on her!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for posting about why you enjoy the Westin La Paloma for your business stays. I hope to welcome you back soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 29, 2010

This is my second summer to participate in the ACTE conference.I must say that the hotel is s real treat, as you turn off Ina road and drive up the hill to the lobby you realize what a gem the hotel is, an Oasis in the foothills of Tucson.
Also, I had seven (7) presenters coming in from different states, and I was worried about the reservations, but Dawn Glass was really helpful and made it seamless for last minute changes and delayed flights due to thunderstorms (monsoons). THANKS DAWN!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for posting about our reservation agent Dawn. She always assures a quick and easy arrival for all.