3,076 results
All reviews swim up bar red door spa golf course heavenly bed adult pool pool area tennis courts beautiful property catalina mountains main building self parking fitness center mountain view the entire staff tucson area sabino canyon pools
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We’ve stayed here many times and they just keep getting better. We love the pool scene, beautiful grounds and fantastic people. University of Arizona Family weekend was outstanding with the help of this great resort!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Jim M, General Manager at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Thank you for your outstanding review. We reach for the stars in every guest experience, so your “perfect” description is one of the best comments we could hope for. Your comments about our beautiful environment and praise for our associates are a wonderful validation to all of us. We are delighted you enjoyed your weekend as one of our University of Arizona families, and we hope to be your first choice on your next visit to Tucson. Thank you again for sharing your review with us.

Tim Norman—General Manager

Reviewed October 6, 2018

The room appeared clean upon check in - which is about the only positive about the stay. The 'free water' never seemed to appear. I wrote notes and left for the room attendant about leaving additional water but I never seemed to get any. I had to go to the front desk everyday to get water. Extremely inconvenient! Many days, I was left only 1 towel and most times wasn't left a bathmat for the floor. I was there for 8days - out of that time - about 5 of the days, the bed looked like the covers were just 'thrown' over the bed - a 5 year old can make a bed better!! The 'Espresso Coffee' bar by the front desk was only open from 6a - 9a....WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT??? Yes, Starbucks is going to hear about that too! They do leave a sign that says you can get coffee from the Azul bar so that's what I did only to be treated with complete attitude from the girl at the bar...complete with 'eye roll' and 'I can get you coffee but I have to walk ALL the way downstairs to get it'. At that point, I told her 'never mind' as I felt I was 'inconveniencing her for doing her job'!!! The so-called 'free WiFi' was non-existent. Mind you I travel a LOT for my job - about 35 different hotels around the world every year - this hotel is by far the very worst hotel I've EVER stayed in. It looks good from the outside and a beautiful pool, but the staff is the worst I've ever encountered. If I could leave zero stars, I would.

Room tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is our goal to provide all of our guests a wonderful stay, and we are truly disappointed to discover we failed to meet your expectations. We are reviewing your valuable feedback you have shared with us so we may focus our efforts on the items you have brought to our attention, and ensure this is an isolated occurrence. We sincerely apologize that your time spent with us did not match the high standards of excellence we strive to attain for our guests every day. We hope to have an opportunity to regain your trust and extend a warm welcome for a more pleasant experience in the future.

Tim Norman—General Manager

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel, the grounds are filled with cacti and the mountains in the distance are really gorgeous.
The room was big and and so was bathroom. Shower had rain shower head, which had good pressure. Two sinks, tons of counter space. It had a nice patio, and the sliding door had a screen!!! So obvious but so many places don’t do it, very nice.
Bed frame was a little creaky, that’s pretty much my only complaint.
Meeting spaces were great, it’s a really large property, so bring comfy shoes.
Staff was nice, food was above average. All in all a really great stay.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Jim M, General Manager at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Thank you for your high marks and outstanding review. We loved reading your complimentary description of our property and your guestroom. It is always refreshing to read the comments of our convention guests when they enjoy our meeting spaces and also find time to explore the beauty of our scenic views and meticulously landscaped pathways. We value all of your feedback and your positive perspective about your experience. Thank you for sharing your great review. We are eager to welcome you back for another A+ stay in the future.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Stayed here for 5 nights from Labor Day. The hotel was very quiet as the crowds had left that morning. The whole 5 days were peaceful with ample space around the pool during the day. Tremendous sports facilities with the adjoining Country Club. The room was one of the better hotel rooms we have stayed in with ample room and an excellent balcony. Spacious and clean. Staff were very polite and helpful and went out of their way to make our stay a memorable experience. The only downside of the facility is the distance of the car park from the accommodation. Although golf cart transfers are always available it was probably quicker walking that waiting for these to arrive.

Room tip: Mountain view room is a must!
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jim M, General Manager at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Thank you for your excellent review. We are thoroughly pleased to read your description of your peaceful experience in our resort. Your wonderful comments about our guestrooms, our workout facilities, and our helpful associates are truly appreciated. Our lovely landscaped surroundings allow for a variety of mountain, golf course and desert views, connected by walkways. Our front drive staff is available to assist with transfers at anytime, and many guests enjoy exploring the grounds during their stay. Thank you for sharing your great review with us and other travelers. We hope we will have a chance to welcome you back to our lovely desert oasis in the future.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

I attended a conference at this resort. The room was quiet and spacious and extremely clean. THe service by everyone I came in contact with was perfect. Some of the meals were better than others but I expect that when they are cooking for a large group. The views from the property were great. The resort had a number of pools including a lap pool. It was just a delightful stay.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Distance09

Thank you for posting your delightful review. Our associates are passionate about delivering a successful meeting experience, and we thrive on the wonderful comments from guests who attend conferences at our resort. We smile every time we read the positive feedback about our magnificent views, spacious guestrooms, relaxing pools, and excellent service. We are very grateful for your review, and thank you again for sharing it with us. We hope you will choose to return for a leisure visit so we may welcome you for another great stay.