I was very pleased with the resort's amenities. The pools were definitely the main attraction. They were well-kept and a lot of fun, but it was a little difficult to find space in the lap pool. It might be helpful if there was a sign up to encourage people to share lanes so that we didn't necessarily have to rely on the kindness of strangers.
Nancy Manning over at the Pro Shop was the absolute best. She put up with all of my questions, and was very knowledgeable about different exercises. The valets up front were also very helpful; Phyllis in particular. It was nice that they had cold water bottles or umbrellas as the occasion dictated. Overall I was pretty happy with my stay.
I think the only short-comings of the visit were that the beds were somewhat stiff and I think one of the people at the front desk short-changed me on my Starwood Preferred Guest vouchers. I was staying for 14 nights and he only gave me 12 vouchers at first. I had to ask for another and it wasn't until later that I realized I was supposed to have yet another.
The rooms are nice and spread out. Some of my associates complained about noisy neighbors, but I didn't have any problem with that. There were some mosquitoes and moths that managed to sneak into my room, but I think that's somewhat understandable in just about any area. I was very pleased with the housekeeping: I never ran out of toilet paper, shampoo, or soap during my stay.
I think the most alarming thing was that two of my associates said someone in a hotel uniform knocked on their doors to "inventory" their rooms. She was a blonde, about 5'10", average build. When one of them reported their concern to hotel security, security said they had no idea who it was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newest level of luxury in the Southwest at Tucson's iconic Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa. This AAA Four-Diamond resort, beautifully situated in the lush foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains, has undergone a $305 million resort-wide rejuvenation. The result is a more contemporary, personalized flare to the resort's renowned elegance that exceeds expectations and fulfills every guests needs. Each of the 487 spacious guest rooms (including 25 expansive suites) have been meticulously reappointed, with attention to the smallest details, to provide the most relaxing and convenient space to unwind. A perfect getaway for couples, families or corporate retreats, The Westin La Paloma Resort offers world-class amenities including five re-imagined resort swimming pools and the 177a€™ Sidewinder water-slide; 27 holes of Jack Nicklaus Signature golf; the full-service, restorative Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa; WestinWORKOUT Fitness Center; Kids Club; and 8 exceptional dining options. Just 25 minutes from the Tucson International Airport, The Westin La Paloma Resort is conveniently located near art galleries, shopping, and a wide variety of signature destination attractions and dining. Courtesy transportation is provided for guests via new Mercedes Sprinters to the upscale La Encantada shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Paloma Hotel Tucson
- Westin Tucson
- Westin La Paloma Tucson Arizona
- Tucson Westin