This is our second stay at the beautiful Westin La Paloma. The grounds and scenery are a stunningly beautiful desert oasis. Our last stay rated a 9.75 out of 10. This stay rated about an 8.5, and this is why: we checked in on a Monday, around noon, so there was nobody in line to check in. The front desk agent addressed me with a sharp politeness, in a hurried sort of way. She asked if we'd like to participate in the Green program where you get $5 coupons for each day you decline housekeeping service. She said it changed from the last time we had stayed, did not explain how it changed, and handed me 5 coupons. Last time, we could opt in or opt out, daily, which was nice because if you wanted housekeeping one day, you didn't get a coupon. I didn't realize during checkin that by accepting the program this time would be giving up any hint of housekeeping. So this visit, I felt like we had to beg for clean towels, coffee refills, to have the trash emptied, etc. Basics! So, fellows travelers, I recommend not participating in this program, which is a shame because it was so well done on our prior visit!!! Note to front desk: please take your time with the guests, to answer questions, and don't rush them out the door....especially if there's nobody in line.
We spend lots of time at the pool, and the pools are excellent (I'd recommend that they get skimmed more often, however.) The pool staff works very hard to make sure guests are happy.
The food is good and reasonably priced, and there are many awesome restaurants nearby. The concierge (who was very helpful!!) has a list of local favorites.
We'll definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newest level of luxury in the Southwest at Tucson's iconic Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa. This AAA Four-Diamond resort, beautifully situated in the lush foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains, has undergone a $305 million resort-wide rejuvenation. The result is a more contemporary, personalized flare to the resort's renowned elegance that exceeds expectations and fulfills every guests needs. Each of the 487 spacious guest rooms (including 25 expansive suites) have been meticulously reappointed, with attention to the smallest details, to provide the most relaxing and convenient space to unwind. A perfect getaway for couples, families or corporate retreats, The Westin La Paloma Resort offers world-class amenities including five re-imagined resort swimming pools and the 177a€™ Sidewinder water-slide; 27 holes of Jack Nicklaus Signature golf; the full-service, restorative Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa; WestinWORKOUT Fitness Center; Kids Club; and 8 exceptional dining options. Just 25 minutes from the Tucson International Airport, The Westin La Paloma Resort is conveniently located near art galleries, shopping, and a wide variety of signature destination attractions and dining. Courtesy transportation is provided for guests via new Mercedes Sprinters to the upscale La Encantada shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Paloma Hotel Tucson
- Westin Tucson
- Westin La Paloma Tucson Arizona
- Tucson Westin