“Wonderful service and nice rooms”

Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa
Ranked #19 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We come here once per year to visit family. We bring our two kids and reserve a suite room. The suites are huge and we feel like we are in a house. The bathrooms are large and nice. There is even a full size fridge in the living room of the suite! A bar type of set up with a kitchen sink and a large dining table. We love the variety of the pools, spa and the kids club. It is very convenient to amenities if you need them. The staff has always been very helpful and professional. No complaints. I would really like to recognize William Arce who helped us with a cabana rental. We wanted to be able to spend the day with my mother in law who is in a wheelchair while the kids swam and ate lunch etc. The cabana was perfect for our day and everyone was happy! William Arce went far above and beyond our expectations of service.

Room Tip: The suites are huge!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank ABCA94
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you for recognizing William and for your continued loyalty to La Paloma on your annual visits to Tucson. I look forward to seeing everyone relaxing in one of our cabanas. Stay well. Glenn Sampert, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,857)

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I just attended the GTM Conference, May 2-5, 2014. I can not say enough good about this hotel and their amazing staff. I felt comfortable and welcome from the minute I arrived. One evening we had a poolside cocktail/dinner party. The food was amazing and well presented, big shout out to the chef! The staff was also amazing and efficient. Willam Arce was working his butt off yet taking extra time to make so many of us feel like we were a special guest. I wanted to pack him up and bring him home with me! Joel was behind the bar, and he too was extra kind. Hats off to the Westin La Paloma Resort. If you are planning a conference, wedding, or just a little get away, I highly recomment this resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank taz40

Thank you for sharing and recommending La Paloma. I hope you may have a chance to return soon for a few days of relaxation and rejuvenation. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Had a great stay during the Simpleview Summit Conference. I wanted to recognize William Arce, the best banquet server there is! William was very attentive, and represents the hotel in a kind and professional manner. He is hospitality personified. Made our short breaks, and meals so enjoyable and restful ready to tackle the next sessions. Even when he was not out assigned server, that did not stop him from assisting guests in need outside his section. Thank yo William for your smile and hospitality, that added to our memorable experience!

Room Tip: Ask for towers A or B close to the lobby :).
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank FWPB

William and I thank you for your compliments. I hope you may return for a vacation to truly relax and unwind by our pools and indulge yourself at The Red Door Spa. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager

Reviewed May 5, 2014

The views from the hotel are spectacular, but the customer service and professionalism of the staff was subpar. You won't receive any special help from the staff here- not even a greeting when you enter the doors- which is ok if that is what you came in expecting. It's basically the "service and smiles" you'd expect at a cheap motel with the price tag you'd expect from a fancy resort. Set your expectations accordingly.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the pool area if you want rest and relaxation. It is open until 11PM and q...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CatJosef
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This hotel is amazing. It's beautiful, clean, surrounded by mountain views, and has pools galore from baby pool to adult only, also the best water slide for fun all day. They had room for the young party animals but was extremely kid and family friendly with room for them to enjoy themselves separately. Golf courses, tennis courts, gym, courteous staff, and all the gorgeous scenery of a fascinating desert oasis. It has very very large grounds so you have to plan on walking to get from point a to b, but they keep golf carts around for those who need a ride. The cost is par with resort life. You will pay a lot for the food and drinks on site and they had miscellaneous random charges in the bill, such as a guest fee for the extra room we had with our family, but if you want a nice hotel, this is it. We travel all over the world and this is one of my top five favorite places ever.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Sarah G

I thank you for placing us in the top five in the world! I hope you will find time to travel back to Tucson and stay with us in the very near future. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager

Reviewed May 4, 2014

DeAnn from Banquets made me feel so very welcome. She started talking to me while I was taking pictures of the pool area and she made it a point to say hi to me everytime she saw me. DeAnn is a very pleasant person and she certainly put a smile on my face. Thanks DeAnn. I will always remember your kindness.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Diane_Simpleview

DeAnn and I thank you for sharing your smiles. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager

Reviewed May 1, 2014

We have been here often in the winter, spring, and summer. We have never had a bad experience. The rooms are spacious and clean and a long walk around the beautifully landscaped grounds can clear all the cobwebs from one's mind and restore one's soul. I highly recommend it.

This time, in early May, I was impressed with the friendly, efficient check-in process, the bartender at the pool swim-up bar, and Leah the lovely young server in the Azul lounge. All three were friendly and helpful.

The hotel is lovely. The views are spectacular, and we love to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alcharbo

I would like to thank you for your loyalty and for sharing why you stay at La Paloma for your visits to Tucson. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager