“Perfect Example of Resort Beauty & Hospitality”

Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa
Ranked #20 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Scenic Beauty: First let me say that the $35 million spent on renovation has only served to make this splendid resort all the more beautiful with its majestic backdrop of the mesmerizing Santa Catalina mountains! The resort's golf, tennis, swimming pools, kids programs & great restaurants make this the perfect location!
Customer Service: This resort is the epitome of outstanding customer service. Example: One evening my wife, children & grandchildren had a wonderful dinner in the resort's restaurant. One child had to have a gluten-free meal which was no problem. After dinner we asked the server (Sienna) if we could have dessert out in the fire pit with fountain/ lounging area. She said she'd be glad to serve us out there. Soon the dessert was delivered to this cozy area. In addition, moments later Mr. Rick Geritz, Asst Mgr of Food & Beverage, delivered marshmallows, graham crackers half dipped in chocolate, linen napkins and forks to make smores over the fire. How wonderful! Somehow he even knew we had one gluten-free child who couldn't eat the graham crackers so he brought her a cut-up Snickers bar with toothpicks in the chunks so she could enjoy the experience as well. Kudos to Sienna, the chef and Mr. Geritz. This attention to detail in going way above and beyond the call of duty, makes this a very special place for us! A big thank you to all the kind and attentive staff at The Westin LaPaloma, including Judy in their Express Service Dept. -- for making this stay so enjoyable!!!

Room Tip: Tell them if you would like to be near the tennis courts, golf area, swimming pool area or quiet pri...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jack M
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

It is our pleasure to provide memorable moments for you and your family. Thank you for sharing your personal story along with the high praises of our associates and renovations. I trust we will see you soon, back by the AZuL fire pits melting chocolate and marshmallows. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,872)

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This place is amazing! We stayed here for our first time and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. My husband had a couple meetings during the day so I had plenty of extra time. I ended up sitting on the gorgeous patio overlooking the spectacular mountain peaks. Their pool is remodeled I am told and looks absolutely pristine. My dining experience was something to remember. My waitstaff was Chastity. She was so efficient and fast even though she was busy. She took the time to sit and talk with me when things slowed down. Not only did she give me the best service I have had in a long time, but she continued the exceptional service the next morning when I brought my husband. She remembered my particular preferences without me having to repeat myself. The chefs wereso gracious as to change their entrees to fit my dietary restrictions and it was delicious! Two words....Food art! I highly recommend Azul and their waitstaff. We will be returning to this beautiful property very soon. Thank you employees of The Weston LA paloma for making our trip pleasurable.
Linda and Michael

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank LindaLinda1234
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

You are most welcome and thank you for sharing; our associates will be delighted to see you return and I am sure we will remember your preferences and offer more culinary creations for you. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager

Reviewed March 21, 2014

From the moment we walked in, we've thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Crystal at check in was great - she overheard that we were celebrating spring break and sent us celebratory champagne. Nancy and Linda were fun and energetic fitness instructors! Robin and Mallory were awesome at the Red Door Spa. Dexter was a friendly driver who gave us lots of tips on what to do in Tucson as we traveled to an from La Encantada on the hotel shuttle. Everyone we interacted with was incredibly friendly and kind. We loved the room, the pools, the spa and the fitness center. We would definitely recommend this resort to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MissSunIn

Thank you for sharing your praises of our associates and accommodations. I hope to see you very soon for another rejuvenating getaway. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Outstanding Resort,Great Views ! ! !
we have stayed he a few times in the past, we love this place, the location ,the views, the rooms are great,the staff is great, if your looking for a great place to get away from the city and just relax The Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa is the place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for being our loyal guests and sharing the many reasons why. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We just had dinner at Azul on property-we had a table on the patio near the pools. It was a beautiful evening in the moonlight. Our very attentive waiter Zach kept the mood enchanting and made sure we were warm by lighting heaters near our table. The food options were all very fresh and tasty. Great wine list as well. No crowds. What are you waiting for?? Make sure to ask for Zach and he will exceed your expectations for a wonderful dinner experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Cheers! Thank you for sharing your praises of AZuL and Zach. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I was there on a business trip and I expected the place to be beautiful- it is a resort. My expectations were far exceeded. Its aesthetic appeal was beauty at every turn. The thing that sets things apart from any resort I have been to is the staff. On a chance meeting, I had the glorious pleasure of meeting William A. He had a brief, welcoming conversation with myself and my co-worker. During that conversation, he discovered that I had severe food allergies. With all of our meals being beautiful buffets, I have to be extra careful for health reasons of my choices. William took it upon himself to watch out for me and provide the most person service I have ever experienced. He spoke to the Chef at every meal and provided me with safe, fresh and delicious foods. I felt very important and special and not like a bother as it becomes to some. Sometimes I choose not to tell those around me of my issue because they tend to treat me as if I am asking for special treatment or looking to ruin something for them. William was AWESOME. The entire staff was very accommodating and so very nice. William was so special I wanted to take him with me- because I felt so cared for and not a bother at all. My room was well taken care of and the facility made we want to come back to Arizona. William made me want to be his friend- I truly felt like he was my long time friend. Thank you.

Room Tip: I was in building -I- the views day and night were stupendous. Sunrise was something special that I...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rachel_Princessita

You are most welcome from all of us at La Paloma. You most certainly have a home away from home when you stay with us. We look forward to having you return. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I recently stayed at the La Paloma March 3-7 for a scientific workshop. This is an breautiful resort, breath taking views, and overall excellent stay.
Pros:
Excellent service
Delicious food (lunch and dinner)
Great bar and lounge
Excellent wifi signal
Isolated adult pool area
Very quiet for such a large property
Excellent free shuttle to shopping mall
Nice amenities

Cons:
Far away from downtown-big taxi expense
If you have allergies- dont go in springtime, worst allergy attack ever
Meeting rooms very cold

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Bruce W
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for sharing. I hope to see you back enjoying without allergies when the pollen season is over! Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager