We recently spent a couple of days at the Westin La Paloma in Tucson with our grandchild and had a wonderful time at this beautiful, newly renovated resort. We live in Tucson but like to take advantage of the greatly reduced summer rates offered here and at the Phoenix/Scottsdale area resorts- just a change of scenery and a chance to be alone with our grandchild who now expects nothing less than the luxury and beauty of a place like the La Paloma.
The staff in all areas, check in, room service, restaurants and at the pool were all friendly and efficient. We received an email from the hotel's guest relations a few days prior to our visit welcoming us and asking if there were any special occasions we might be celebrating. We emailed back thanking them for the special attention but indicated that the getaway was just a little reward for our grandson's having done so well during the past school year. We were pleasantly surprised when on our first day, room service delivered a plate of warm chocolate chip cookies and milk with a congratulatory card specially addressed to the kid. He was impressed as were we with the thoughtful gesture and he and the grandparents thank Tracy from Guest Relations for that nice little surprise.
As we live in the area we frequent the fine dining restaurant at the resort called Azul and had outstanding food and service the two nights we were there. Breakfast can be had at this same restaurant and again, we were very happy with the quality of the food and the service. The restaurant overlooks the pools and out door features like the fire pits and al fresca dining areas, very beautiful and romantic at night with the pristine golf course and dramatic Santa Catalina mountains in the background. We didn't golf on this occasion but know that the course there, designed by Jack Nicklaus, is one of the premier courses in southern Arizona.
We lunched around the pool and although the drinks and food were expensive, the portions were so huge that they could easily be shared by one or two others.
All in all we had a great time at this beautiful resort and look forward to returning. The staff knows how to make even a short stay a memorable one and is to be congratulated on their customer friendly way of doing business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newest level of luxury in the Southwest at Tucson's iconic Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa. This AAA Four-Diamond resort, beautifully situated in the lush foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains, has undergone a $305 million resort-wide rejuvenation. The result is a more contemporary, personalized flare to the resort's renowned elegance that exceeds expectations and fulfills every guests needs. Each of the 487 spacious guest rooms (including 25 expansive suites) have been meticulously reappointed, with attention to the smallest details, to provide the most relaxing and convenient space to unwind. A perfect getaway for couples, families or corporate retreats, The Westin La Paloma Resort offers world-class amenities including five re-imagined resort swimming pools and the 177a€™ Sidewinder water-slide; 27 holes of Jack Nicklaus Signature golf; the full-service, restorative Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa; WestinWORKOUT Fitness Center; Kids Club; and 8 exceptional dining options. Just 25 minutes from the Tucson International Airport, The Westin La Paloma Resort is conveniently located near art galleries, shopping, and a wide variety of signature destination attractions and dining. Courtesy transportation is provided for guests via new Mercedes Sprinters to the upscale La Encantada shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Paloma Hotel Tucson
- Westin Tucson
- Westin La Paloma Tucson Arizona
- Tucson Westin