“Great Service In Azul Restaurant”

Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa
Ranked #18 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tulalip WA
“Great Service In Azul Restaurant”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Just wanted to give a positive shout out to our server Francisco in the Azul restaurant who waited on us several times over the course of our stay - we were there with a large group so keeping track of and accommodating seatings, checks, personalities,etc was on ongoing challenge each time we sat down and Francisco never failed to graciously deliver nor stop smiling no matter what was thrown at him over the course of the weekend... In fact all of the staff we encountered including but not limited to front desk, housekeeping, banquets, bartenders, pool, and even security were in good humor and ready to deliver their best but Francisco stood out among them all...

SLeTellier SPGold

Room Tip: Eastern facing rooms and suites so no hot afternoon sun on your balcony
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank SLeTellier
Dayna D, Starwood Hotels at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience. We are thrilled that Francisco was able to make your meal and overall stay memorable and special. We will be sure to share your kind words with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (787)
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Resort has just been renovated and is beautiful. The lobby and dining room overlooking the pool are impressive. The room was brand new and larger than most hotels, with a large bathroom as well. Very nice balcony overlooking the mountains. A bit of a walk with our luggage to the room, as my husband did not want to be driven in the golf cart (what normal people do). The pool area was lovely with lots of umbrellas. The staff at the pool was very attentive. The restaurant help was okay. Had a nice king bed but it was a little too firm for me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank citizenlynn
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our $30 million resort renovation including guestrooms, public space and pool area. We are happy that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly.

Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We recently rented rooms for family in town at a time we could not have them at our home. This family included 3 small children (4, 5 & 7) and two older girls (12 & 15) and their parents. We could not have been more pleased with the resort -- just-remodeled, gorgeous rooms, fantastic pool/play area with the best, circular water slide we've ever seen, swim-up bar and multiple pools to allow families to spread out (including one pool w/ adjacent area for adults only) and food that was just excellent (including kids menus that were excellent, modeled for kids today and inexpensive -- like $2.50 for breakfast!) We have stayed in many grand resorts around the globe, but I have to say that this hotel ranks up quite high as one of the best. We all had a wonderful time, and would not hesitate to return to enjoy this first-class resort -- especially when the summer rates are down-right affordable! You just can't find a nicer place to stay -- equipped for luxury, relaxation -- and FUN!

Room Tip: If you want blissful peace and quiet, you might request a room away from the pools. On the other han...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TiaSara
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing about your recent experience. We are delighted to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and that your family and their children enjoyed their stay. We are glad you were able to experience our newly renovated pool area and our restaurants.

Saint Simons Island, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was looking for someplace to spend a couple of restful days and decided on the Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa. I read they had done a $30M renovation and wanted to see how they spent their money. Answer Revealed: VERY WISELY!

This place turned out to be a dream from the time I was greeted by the Door Man and Front Desk Staff to the Bellman helping load my bags into the limo to journey home--and ALL points between.

The place is beautiful. The rooms are SO well done--comfortable and extremely well appointed. The grounds are very well maintained.

The pool area is gorgeous and the restaurant service was attentive and the food was delicious. I NEVER left the property. I did not need to, as my every need was met on the premises.

The Spa staff was, in a word, OUTSTANDING. Some of the best technicians I have ever experienced and their products are top shelf.

Stop by the bar. I am a non-drinker but that did not matter to them. They treated me as if I had ordered top-shelf stuff instead of simple Diet Coke.

The best way to describe how I feel about this place to to let you know that as I travel next month to Philadelphia, I plan to travel here (over 3500 miles out of my way) for a three-day stay before continuing on my way to the City of Brotherly Love.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Herdlinger
Dayna D, Starwood Hotels at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are beyond thrilled that you had a spectacular stay and that everything exceeded your expectations. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our recent renovations but that our staff was able to make your stay memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I just want to start out by saying what a beautiful property this is with its location nestled in the beautiful foothills of Tucson. The exterior and and lobby were breathtaking and everything was immaculate. Upon check in we were greeted by Logan the front desk agent who was very helpful and friendly and provided with some good tips on the area. James the doorman/bellman was very gracious with helping us with our items and placing them on the golf cart, which they use to shuttle you from the free car parking to your room. James pointed out many of the key features of the hotel and was just overall very engaging. The big surprise was when I entered the room to find a very spacious beautiful master suite that we were upgraded to after my girl friend called ahead of time without my knowledge to let them know I was celebrating a graduation from paramedic school. Not only that, there was champagne and chocolate covered strawberries with a personal hand written note from Karen. Great touch Karen! Phenomenonal service and definitely unexpected. I would think anyone would go out of there way to help celebrate a graduation. Big whoop. But you guys did. Just awesome.
Later that night we had a wonderful dinner outside at the restaurant Azul. Alex our sever was great. Very knowledgeable about the menu. My only complaint was that I wasn't greeted by anyone while standing next to the host stand after having two people pass by me. The food was pretty good. I had the halibut which was nice, not outstanding. The French fries though... Yum. My girl friend and I also had a nice conversation with a young lady (not sure on the name) who knew a lot about astrology as she saw that we were gazing up at the consolations and using Google sky to check out which ones they were. She was very nice and she created good personal interaction with us that was memorable.
The next day we we rented some golf clubs and went out to the driving range to hit balls against the gorgeous backdrop of Tucson for only $25. We're not golfers by any means, but we figured when in Rome. We toured around on the golf course on the cart they provided to us to check out the scenery. Kinda a fun little adventure.
Next we relaxed by the pool, which is awesome. I felt like a kid again going down that three story waterside. That thing was a lot of fun. Tanner took care of us at the pool and made sure my hand was never left without a cold beer. The pulled pork sandwich wasn't that tasty but filled me up nice. I wish they had the same sauce for the fries that they do at the restaurant.
Lastly, we enjoyed the beautiful spa and received a good 30 min massage that I didn't want to end. I forget the masseuses name but she was excellent.
Overall, a fantastic experience and I can't wait to come back for another pampering.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Lamor1923
Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your graduation from paramedic school! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience and that our staff was able to make your stay memorable. We're happy to hear you were able to enjoy our numerous resort amenities as well including the driving range at our Jack Nicklaus signature golf course.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This place is amazing! My husband and I went there for a benefit golf tournament and were thoroughly impressed. The grounds were immacculate and every room has a private balcony. Three pools complete with a swim-up bar, adults only pool and waterside made the place feel like a mini water park just a walk away from our room. The rooms were spacious and nice and cool to escape the Arizona heat. Additionally, the staff was pleasant and welcomed our little dog with little fuss nor even a pet fee.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Emily,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience and we hope your little dog had a wonderful time as well.

Nevada
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located in theFoothills area of Tucson. It's an upscale, newer area of Tucson that's absolutely beautiful.

They recently underwent a renovation and are still finishing up some areas. The rooms are very comfortable and large. I love the fact that they provide a long bench to place your luggage as well as luggage stands. I also appreciated the alarm clock with the built in phone charger. There's a refrigirator for your personal use and a coffee maker along with Starbucks coffee packs.

The bathrooms have a rain showerhead as well as a handheld wand. They also have a lighted mirror and provide a standard blow dryer, not the wall mounted type. Very nicely appointed.

Rooms on the second and third floor have balconies. However, since the buildings are situated in rows, your views can be impacted by the building in front of you. Try and get a room that faces the pool.

The pool area is beautiful and quite large. There's an adult pool a children's pool and a slide area. My only complaint is that the pool service was extremely slow. The hotel needs to increase its staff, specially on the weekends.

Although I'm not a golfer, it has a beautiful golf course, several tennis courts as well as a work out room. There's also an Elizabeth Arden Red Door spa on the property. It's a bit dated and the rates don't reflect this but I was told it will undergo a renovation soon.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms and our new Heavenly Rainforest showerheads. We are happy to hear you were able to enjoy our resort amenities including our refreshed pool area.