“Very Accomodating Staff, Relaxing Stay, Great Ambience”

Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa
Ranked #18 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“Very Accomodating Staff, Relaxing Stay, Great Ambience”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My fiancee and I traveled to Tucson last week and we stayed at the Westin. I have fond memories from this hotel when I stayed there 20 years ago so I wanted the wife to be able to experience the same. We had a snag with our car rental company at Sky Harbor airport that caused us to have check in issues at the Westin, however, Lindsey the front desk agent and Rob the front desk manager were very understanding about our issue and helpful in assisting us with a swift check in; their flexibility was greatly appreciated!! I have to admit, I was impressed with the hotel room make over since the last visit 20 years ago! The modern design made for a comfortable stay. If you havent stayed here before and love lounging by the pool, this hotel is an oasis in the desert! Huge pool areas, a waterslide, hot tubs and the pool bar Sabinos! If you want an excellent Pina Colada, order the Lounge Lizard drink; totally refreshing and delicious! The Starbucks coffee maker in our room was a nice treat as well. The fiancee was definitely impressed with her stay, so bonus points for me too! Love this hotel and look forward to our next stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dayna D, Starwood Hotels at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for visiting us again! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our recently renovated guestrooms and pool area.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (787)
South Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Every time I visit Tucson to see family this is where I stay. It is like home to me. The front desk staff is very professional (not total personable), but always accommodating. The housekeeping staff is so friendly and always say hello. The resort is spacious and so are the rooms. I have been there several times and have had a great view each time. I always have breakfast in the main restaurant either outside on the terrace or inside when it's too hot... food is great and fresh.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear VirginiaA794,

Thank you for your continued patronage at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa. We are delighted to hear that you found our staff helpful and friendly and enjoyed our recently renovated guestrooms.

Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I recently travelled to Arizona for a National Business Conference at The Westin; I have never been more impressed at a resort or hotel... EVER! I planned our Canadian Meeting that was held for a full day from breakfast to awards dinner ceremonies and again... IMPRESSED with the way it was put together and executed! I had the pleasure to work with some key individuals that made my first planning of this annual meeting a success and I feel I couldn't have done it without them!
The staff I would like to commend is; Angela for her great meeting room she provided for set up and for our packages which were already in the room when I had arrived in Tucson. Peter for his outstanding coordination of his crew that was FABOULOUS, he attended to our guest and PERSONALLY brought down Vegan meals for those who did not have a dinner item to choose from. I would like to thank his staff as well for helping me throughout the day and for those names I forgot I am sorry. RUEBEN.. this man was a god send, he was not only there for our meetings but for our American friends meeting as well. He knew what we drank, knew what we liked to eat, and even would go out of his way to help anyone in the room who needed something outside of our meeting. I feel this man was the highlight of our trip to Tucson he made it very welcoming and warm. This resort should commend people like Rueben for his outstanding service.
The room was fabulous, the food even better, and the staff amazing.
Thank you Westin La Paloma... I know a lot of the Canadians will be back to your resort!

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience. We are delighted to hear that you found our staff helpful and friendly. We are happy we were able to provide you with a successful and memorable meeting.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at the resort for 6 days on a work retreat, I travel a lot for business and I must say that I have NEVER had better service than what we experienced during our stay.

Peter M and his staff in the banquet department were absolutely amazing, we were treated like royalty. I would like to make mention of one banquet staff member named Ruben, he really went above and beyond what I would normally expect from hotel staff, what a great guy!! I am a vegetarian and although the food was predetermined by our company, Peter always made sure he had something special for me to eat.

The hotel room and grounds were very clean and newly renovated. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone!!

A big THANK YOU to all the staff at this beautiful resort!!

Dear Beth,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear our staff was able to contribute to your overall experience and that you enjoyed our recently renovated guestrooms and meeting spaces.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Once again my stay at the Westin LaPaloma was wonderful. The grounds are beautiful, as is the setting. Our room was perfect with a fabulous view of the golf course. Every time I walk to the pool area I feel like I am on vacation. Such a relaxing location.
I have visited the LaPaloma since the 90's, and every time it is just wonderful.. Great location for a golf outing or a simple mini-vacation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dayna D, Starwood Hotels at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Stu,

Thank you for your continued business at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our recently renovated guestrooms and pool area.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Corey and Jeff were excellent pro's and very helpful at La Paloma. I'd recommend them and their course to anyone!! The course is great and they were very flexible with tee times and getting us on.

Greg R Green Bay

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our recently rejuvenated Jack Nicklaus signature golf course and you found our staff to be helpful and friendly.

Tucson
Reviewed April 23, 2013

As someone who works in customer service it is important to take time to acknowledge exceptional service. The quailityof of service that William Arce provided us was a delightful experience. Having someone on your team that recognizes the importance of guests having a great experience, is as every bit as important for both the guest and the resort. William walked around the room making his presence known to the guests and readliy available to assist with water, tea and coffee. He assisted guests who had their hands full with plates of delicious food to their table. We are sure that you recognize the value of having someone like William on your service team.

Dear Sylvia,

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge one of our team members. We are delighted to hear that you found our staff helpful and friendly.