There are many fine hotels in this city but it is the staff that sets a hotel apart. First and foremost, the people who work here can't do enough for you. They truly make you feel like you are important. The hotel has just undergone a major renovation and the rooms are outstanding. I travel a great deal. You either get a resort hotel OR a business hotel...rarely do you find one that fulfills both needs. It has been my experience that resort hotels are built for the total experience but in the room there is a lack of outlets, proper work space, and lighting. Business hotels have all these things but there are almost zero amenities with the exception of a small fitness room and pool. This place has it all! My room had a well-lit and generous work area with plenty of outlets within easy reach. There were little spaces in the work space where you could place your papers. On top of this the wifi connection was great! The pièce de résistance was the desk chair. Comfy! This is something that in most hotels appears to be an afterthought. They are either super trendy or something that just looks good. Very rarely do you actually have one that is comfortable while at the same time looks great in the room. And, you can work from both sides of the desk so you can have a great view of the patio and outdoors while you are working. Finally, there is an room safe for your laptop and other electronics. Bottom line you have a great spot to get some work done while staying at a first-class resort.
It is the little things that impress me. The beds are unbelievably comfortable. Love the head boards...in the recesses of the headboard are little lights. You don't see them until you are right there. Perfect for reading in bed while the other person sleeps. The bathroom is huge with great lighting. My room had a walk-in shower and a separate tub. This is the second Westin property that I have stayed in recently that that has the rainshower head along with a separate handheld shower head. The room comes with a little fridge and coffee maker. And, they have complimentary bottles of water! Almost unheard of in today's hotels. No $4 bottles of water in this place!!
It appears as if every room has a private patio with a sitting area. It is so peaceful that a cup of coffee on the patio is the way to start any day.
But the bottom line...while all this is nice, it is the people that sets any hotel apart. After a long day of travel and pulling up to the front of the hotel, three people appeared out of nowhere to help me with my bags. Kent brought me to my room but took the time to give me a quick tour of the property. I could easily see he loves his job and is proud of the work they do here. It showed in every word he spoke. He is the one who took the time to show me everything in the room.
The last time I was at this hotel was years ago and at the time it was just another big resort hotel. That is no longer the case. If you haven't been here in a while I highly suggest making the trip. I have not been to this hotel in a long time but I will definitely be back...and, it won't be such a long time between visits next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newest level of luxury in the Southwest at Tucson's iconic Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa. This AAA Four-Diamond resort, beautifully situated in the lush foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains, has undergone a $305 million resort-wide rejuvenation. The result is a more contemporary, personalized flare to the resort's renowned elegance that exceeds expectations and fulfills every guests needs. Each of the 487 spacious guest rooms (including 25 expansive suites) have been meticulously reappointed, with attention to the smallest details, to provide the most relaxing and convenient space to unwind. A perfect getaway for couples, families or corporate retreats, The Westin La Paloma Resort offers world-class amenities including five re-imagined resort swimming pools and the 177a€™ Sidewinder water-slide; 27 holes of Jack Nicklaus Signature golf; the full-service, restorative Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa; WestinWORKOUT Fitness Center; Kids Club; and 8 exceptional dining options. Just 25 minutes from the Tucson International Airport, The Westin La Paloma Resort is conveniently located near art galleries, shopping, and a wide variety of signature destination attractions and dining. Courtesy transportation is provided for guests via new Mercedes Sprinters to the upscale La Encantada shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Paloma Hotel Tucson
- Westin Tucson
- Westin La Paloma Tucson Arizona
- Tucson Westin