“Most Helpful Associate”

Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa
Ranked #20 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were impressed by the service quality and care that your Associate William Arce provided us while at your hotel. He is a waiter and server who takes his job very seriously. He was outstanding, and we are sure you are fortunate to have him in your team.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dayna D, Starwood Hotels at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Feliciano,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience. We are delighted to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,872)

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This gorgeous hotel, beautifully set in the mountains is such an amazing property! They are just about complete with their total transformation from a great hotel to a fabulous hotel! As always the staff are wonderful!!!

The rejuvination is amazing! Love everything I saw! New from top to bottom! Great Job Westin LaPaloma!! Will go back time and time again!

Room Tip: There isn't a bad location on the entire propery! Of course views of the mountains are always a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our recent renovations and mountain views.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This resort is top notch. Gorgeous decor, immaculate rooms, beautiful landscaping, impeccable staff & a wonderful pool. We have stayed in several resorts through the United Stated and this was one of our absolute favorites. We had a wonderful time here and would recommend it to anyone.

Dear AngieKey,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our recently renovated guest rooms and rejuvenated pool and landscaping.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We planned a trip from the East Coast for Spring Break, many months ahead of time, and within a week of our arrival in early April we were contacted to let us know of their ongoing renovations. All it took was a simple email reply by me, and I was contacted back within 4 hours by a very senior staff member, looking to hear my concerns and help me understand specifically what was going on. That service was indicative of our stay to come. As we discussed our plans for our family of 4, the team from Westin La Paloma ensured that we would make the most out of only having 1/2 the pools available, since the renovation was going on. They were upfront about what we would see, hear, and experience. They were also upfront about the convention going on, and had no problem ensuring we were booked into an upgraded room, away from the main conference. This room was then pre-arranged with some snacks and treats for the kids ... and adults ... and was a great, super, pleasant surprise. The customer service was top notch start to finish.

Renovation aside, the property is superb. What a great location, and great views abound over the property. Once the pools are all new I can't imagine how wonderful that will be for the kids.

The food in the restaurant was great for breakfast. We tend to eat out a lot - we did have a snack or two otherwise.

I give this resort 5 stars. We are loyal to Starwood, and can't wait to go back again sometime. I would recommend "simply ask". The staff here will respond and will be honest, and make things right!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Zack,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated guestrooms and that you found our staff helpful and friendly.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Where to start? From the moment of arrival, the hotel did an amazing job of welcoming me personally, as well as by conference attendees (~350 people). From pre-planning (Joey Bradfield) to Reservations (Dawn Glass) to on-site execution with my event concierge (Peter Mnatzaganian) to shipping and receiving (Aaron and Alex) and EVERYONE in between. My conference was nearly flawless. As planner, you always hear about the bad things, and not the good, but all I heard were good things. The guests loved the hotel, the banquet food & beverage, and I only heard one person who was disappointed about the pool renovation.

I must say, I have had many conferences and events at many properties, and the Westin La Paloma, will forever be listed in my favorites. Peter was amazing! He anticipated all of my needs... I really believe he must be a mind reader. Can I take him to my next conference?

Joey and Dawn... you both are a fantastic and really get things done. I never had to ask more than once, and you kept my guests happy, my CEO happy, and me happy.

Thank you all for a fabulous job... again. We worked with you in 2009, again in 2013 and I hope to come back again in the near future. You guys truly ROCK!

Room Tip: If you like golf, get a room facing the course. If not, get a room facing the mountain... It has a g...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience. We are thrilled to hear our staff was able to make your event successful and memorable.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I booked our stay 3 months in advance and we’re eagerly anticipating our trip, only to find out a week before our check-in that the hotel was under the biggest renovation since its existence. To make matters worse, the guest experience representative who emailed me this news had incorrect contact information, which sent me on a wild goose chase for two days before I realized what happen. Then, I couldn’t get any honest answers from either the hotel staff or the SPG representatives. What was a simple misunderstanding now had turned into a rotten experience, leaving a terrible taste in my mouth I was ready to throw in the towel and never deal with any Westin Hotels again when I was put in contact with Rob, the Director of the Front Office.
From the moment he introduced himself, my attitude and experience began to change. He not only took responsibility for the miscommunication, but also accepted the blame for things that he had no control over. He made me feel like I was important and promised that he would personally see to it that we would have a wonderful trip. When we arrived at the hotel well before check-in time Rob already had a room waiting for us. However, it was not the room we booked, but an upgraded one with a parlor suite! Shortly after we settled into our spectacular suite, we were given another surprise. Rob had a bottle of wine and an assortment of fruit and cheese delivered to us along with a very sweet note wishing us a Happy Anniversary. In addition to that, we also received a dinning credit and compensation for some of my SPG points. Far be it from me to say that upgrades and handouts don’t matter, but what really stood out was Rob’s character and integrity. We went from never staying at any Westin Hotel and speaking negatively about the chain, to actively seeking them out for future travel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dayna D, Starwood Hotels at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear levey001,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay. While we are sorry to hear about your initial experience, we are happy to hear our staff was able to turn your experience around and provide you with the anniversary getaway you deserved.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I flew in from Jacksonville, Florida to be a bridesmaid at a wedding on 4/13 at this resort and have to say that my overall experience was wonderful. The rooms are beautiful, the landscape and layout of the resort made for a picturesque and amazing backdrop to the wedding. If you needed anything Lindsey at the front desk was the "go to" person to ensure that your needs were met. The bell staff is also amazing, Matt, Brad, Jesus, and Dexter carted the wedding party and guests around with smiles and purpose. As with all weddings the stress levels were high, but Nancy was quick to answer our questions, requests, and concerns. The room looked beautiful! However, I have to say the best part was the banquet staff. William, Kyle, Deann, Yolanda, John, and Joel were so amazing and attentive to the wedding guests and their needs. Their professionalism and personalities went hand in hand in making my friend's special day amazing. Not only is the resort beautiful, but so are the people.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Nicole,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We hope the bride and groom had an amazing wedding! We are so happy to hear our staff was able to make the event memorable.

We hope to welcome you back to our resort in the future!