“I wish they all could be Westin La Paloma's”

Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa
Ranked #19 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“I wish they all could be Westin La Paloma's”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Where to start? From the moment of arrival, the hotel did an amazing job of welcoming me personally, as well as by conference attendees (~350 people). From pre-planning (Joey Bradfield) to Reservations (Dawn Glass) to on-site execution with my event concierge (Peter Mnatzaganian) to shipping and receiving (Aaron and Alex) and EVERYONE in between. My conference was nearly flawless. As planner, you always hear about the bad things, and not the good, but all I heard were good things. The guests loved the hotel, the banquet food & beverage, and I only heard one person who was disappointed about the pool renovation.

I must say, I have had many conferences and events at many properties, and the Westin La Paloma, will forever be listed in my favorites. Peter was amazing! He anticipated all of my needs... I really believe he must be a mind reader. Can I take him to my next conference?

Joey and Dawn... you both are a fantastic and really get things done. I never had to ask more than once, and you kept my guests happy, my CEO happy, and me happy.

Thank you all for a fabulous job... again. We worked with you in 2009, again in 2013 and I hope to come back again in the near future. You guys truly ROCK!

Room Tip: If you like golf, get a room facing the course. If not, get a room facing the mountain... It has a g...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dayna D, Starwood Hotels at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience. We are thrilled to hear our staff was able to make your event successful and memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (792)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I booked our stay 3 months in advance and we’re eagerly anticipating our trip, only to find out a week before our check-in that the hotel was under the biggest renovation since its existence. To make matters worse, the guest experience representative who emailed me this news had incorrect contact information, which sent me on a wild goose chase for two days before I realized what happen. Then, I couldn’t get any honest answers from either the hotel staff or the SPG representatives. What was a simple misunderstanding now had turned into a rotten experience, leaving a terrible taste in my mouth I was ready to throw in the towel and never deal with any Westin Hotels again when I was put in contact with Rob, the Director of the Front Office.
From the moment he introduced himself, my attitude and experience began to change. He not only took responsibility for the miscommunication, but also accepted the blame for things that he had no control over. He made me feel like I was important and promised that he would personally see to it that we would have a wonderful trip. When we arrived at the hotel well before check-in time Rob already had a room waiting for us. However, it was not the room we booked, but an upgraded one with a parlor suite! Shortly after we settled into our spectacular suite, we were given another surprise. Rob had a bottle of wine and an assortment of fruit and cheese delivered to us along with a very sweet note wishing us a Happy Anniversary. In addition to that, we also received a dinning credit and compensation for some of my SPG points. Far be it from me to say that upgrades and handouts don’t matter, but what really stood out was Rob’s character and integrity. We went from never staying at any Westin Hotel and speaking negatively about the chain, to actively seeking them out for future travel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dayna D, Starwood Hotels at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear levey001,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay. While we are sorry to hear about your initial experience, we are happy to hear our staff was able to turn your experience around and provide you with the anniversary getaway you deserved.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I flew in from Jacksonville, Florida to be a bridesmaid at a wedding on 4/13 at this resort and have to say that my overall experience was wonderful. The rooms are beautiful, the landscape and layout of the resort made for a picturesque and amazing backdrop to the wedding. If you needed anything Lindsey at the front desk was the "go to" person to ensure that your needs were met. The bell staff is also amazing, Matt, Brad, Jesus, and Dexter carted the wedding party and guests around with smiles and purpose. As with all weddings the stress levels were high, but Nancy was quick to answer our questions, requests, and concerns. The room looked beautiful! However, I have to say the best part was the banquet staff. William, Kyle, Deann, Yolanda, John, and Joel were so amazing and attentive to the wedding guests and their needs. Their professionalism and personalities went hand in hand in making my friend's special day amazing. Not only is the resort beautiful, but so are the people.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nicole,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We hope the bride and groom had an amazing wedding! We are so happy to hear our staff was able to make the event memorable.

We hope to welcome you back to our resort in the future!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I work for a local mining company here in Tucson, AZ. I need from time to time set up large meetings with our Contractors & Vendors. We have contracted with The Westin-LaPaloma twice now. The first time was a dream! Once all of the details were worked out, all we had to do was focus our attention on our customers internally and externally! The 2nd time was even better! The staff at The Westin are top notch..but there is one person I want to give the top kudos too, and that is a waiter server by the name of William Arcz. William is a person that I have never had the pleasure of working with! He is the utmost gentlemen! He is professional, kindly, personable and caring...he is the ultimate server! I have never ever in any restaurant ever been called by, "My Lady"...and William calls every woman in his care that! The first time he said that I was so taken aback by that kindness...but this is his trade mark, and every time he says it, its a special gift to that woman! I know, I've seen it change a person's face and attitude! Many people could learn from William...but it's his outstanding service and care to his commitment to this hotel! I highly commend William to all of his supervisors & managers that he should receive the highest of honors that your company provides! I so look forward to next month when we once again come to The Westin for a large event...knowing that William will be there (because I insisted) and knowing that he and his staff will make the event a total success! Last year we had just about 400 people at the event, we will most likely double that this time around...and I'm not a bit concerned! I know that The Westin will take care of us! And I also know that anyone who stays there always enjoys the service as well as the staff and area! You just can't go wrong here! Thank you Westin and most of all thank you William! You are just the best!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dayna D, Starwood Hotels at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Diane,

Thank you for your continued business at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa. We are thrilled to hear that our staff provided excellent service and helped make your event successful and memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back and hosting your events in the future!
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The renovation made this place immaculent and the service provided by the hotel staff made our stay incredible. Thanks for making our annual vacation such a pleasant experience. We were in builing H. Parking was very close, open and convenient. The main floor suite was very spacious and our standard rooms upstairs were more than adequate for double occupancy even for guys on a golf trip. Even with the hustle/bustle of the people in the facility, the resort was peaceful and quiet. The AC units were very quiet. The view was beautiful! The golf course and pool were excellent.

Room Tip: We were in builing H. Parking was very close, open and convenient. The main floor suite was very spa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated guest rooms and that our staff was able to make your stay memorable.

Phoenix
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I were juding at the FBLA Conference at the Westin La Paloma. We stayed in a suite which was beautiful. The bed was comfortable, the spacing was great, the master bathroom was fabulous; there were plenty of fresh towels and soaps. We had a mini fridge in the room plus complimentary water. We didn't use the safe this time as we only stayed one night. We met Peter Mnatzaganian (and saw him several more times during our stay); he had cold bottles of water for us to "keep hydrated". What a great and friendly person; he is a great asset to the Westin La Paloma. The hot tub outside the patios look very tempting (we worked too late to enjoy it - maybe next time we are there). Thank you Peter for watching out for us.

Sheila A. Martinez
Arizona Department of Education
sheila.martinez@azed.gov

Room Tip: Any room would be great. Make sure you meet Peter.
San Jose, California
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I can't wait to go here again. The king sized room was very comfortable. There was a mini fridge that did not get very cold at all. They put 2 complimentary bottles of water in it per day and I thought that was nice. The room had a bath tub and a shower with soft towels and good smelling soap. There was a safe in the room that could be used for free. The balcony over looked the mountains.

Now... the pools! Heaven!!!! There were around 5 pools, one for kids, one for adults, a family pool, a pool with a waterfall, and a pool for the water slide (that adults can go down too!!!) My fiancé proposed to me under the stars at that pool on the last night we were there. It's that nice.

The swim up bar was a nice touch and the bar tenders were friendly. We were allowed to bring a few guests into the pool with us, since we were in Tucson for a family reunion everyone wanted to come check out the pools. We played pool volleyball with a net they had up. The employees organized games for all the kids in the pool area and gave out prizes.

The grounds are beautiful. At night they have two fire pits that turn on, it creates a romantic relaxing ambience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jezzabella408,

Congratulations on your engagement! We are thrilled your fiancee used our pool area as the backdrop for your very special moment. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our recently renovated guestrooms and were able to enjoy our resort amenities.