“Quiet Gem in the Desert-a definite must-stay!”

Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa
Ranked #19 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Why did I never stay here before? Close to the Tucson Mall, Zinburger, St Phillips Square and a great break from the University area, yet close enough to all areas of Tucson!

A major renovation is just finishing up, so if you are looking for the pool water slide and the major pool, it is temp. closed for remodeling ("revitalizing.") They do use the La Paloma Country Club Olympic pool so that is helpful in the interim. The only bad thing about my trip was that it was just an overnighter; to stay longer would have been fantastic! Super quiet despite the remodeling. NO ROAD NOISE! Wonderful trails and scenery. Multiple golf carts would take you to your room; we walked because we wanted to. Deluxe room was huge; nice outside patio off room! Regular bathtub is narrow; consider different room if you like to tub soak.

Awesome to awaken to no noise other than doves cooing! All staff was kind, courteous, helpful and not snooty. Great value on the AARP rate and we received complementary upgraded room overlooking the golf course. Received free breakfast with this rate too- a wonderful perk! AZUL Restaurant was wonderful- picturesque, quiet, excellent food! Ruben and Mario and others were very attentive! Nice touch that I was able to select my own tea from a fancy box of teas! I cant wait to return to the La Paloma- so excited that Tucson is not losing this beautiful hotel gem ! AWESOME quick get-away!

Room Tip: Ask for a complementary upgrade and away from the renovation (revitalization)- we were on the back s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dayna D, Starwood Hotels at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Theresa,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to experience our numerous resort amenities even though you were only able to stay for one night.

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

AZUL Sunday Brunch:
Bojana and Jesse were WONDERFUL!! Great customer service, very attentive, fun and customer service driven! Loved Jesse's hair...it's SPUNKY!
And last but not least Mary is a great hostess! The entire experience was awesome.

• Stayed: March 2013
Dayna D, Starwood Hotels at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing about your recent experience at our Sunday brunch. We are happy to hear you found our staff to be attentive and friendly.

We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We just attended an official dinner with many attendees. The service provided in the hotel was very good. Our waiter, William Arce, was quite attentive in providing an excellent service without any delay. He is a great asset for Westin La Paloma..

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Praisy,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience. We are delighted to hear that our staff helped make your dinner memorable.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I've always loved La Paloma...the views, the food, the service are always perfect. I stayed over Valentine's Day weekend and couldn't believe how amazing the renovation looks so far. I can't wait until it's complete---it will be breathtaking. My room had been renovated already and the changes to the decor are modern, yet warm. The bathroom was gorgeous----a rain shower head and gorgeous tile.... the bed---I was I was still in it.....the drinks and food at Azul---yummy! Although I was there for fun, I also do business at the Westin every fall with a 500 participant Women's Leadership Conference so I couldn't wait to see if the ballroom, hallway and break out rooms on the lower level had been completed. The changes I saw so far are perfect. The hotel looks better than ever. Nice hotels aren't hard to find but an amazing staff is!
Peter Mnatzaganian is the Banquet Manager and I've never been treated so well! Peter, you are so awesome. Your customer service is like nothing I've ever experienced and I know you would do anything and everything to make sure my experience is unsurpassed. Thank you for giving me a sneak peek of the ballroom and break out rooms----I felt very VIP!! I'm still so excited about the digital display screens outside the meetings rooms!! This saves me so much work---no more making signs for me! Yahooo! Thank you Peter for treating me a queen. La Paloma wouldn't be the same without you.....YOU make the resort a first class resort. See you in September!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jeanette,

Thank you for your continued patronage. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our recent renovations and that you found our staff to be helpful, friendly and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed here for a night on business and was happy with everything but the one thing that I was not happy about was that they are doing construction at one of the pools and at 8am on a Saturday morning I woke up to jack hammers and was unable to go back to sleep. :( Everything was great about the room and resort. I will be staying again when i have more time to enjoy it.

Dear Ryan,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay. While we are sorry to hear that you were disrupted by the construction noise at our pool, we are happy to hear you were able to enjoy your room and the resort in spite of this disturbance.

We hope to welcome you back in the future where you can have a peaceful getaway and enjoy our recently renovated pool area!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We just returned from attending a corporate luncheon with many attendees.

At such events the service is often lacking because so many people are served at the same time.

Our waiter, William Arce, provided service to us that one would normally expect at a five star restaurant. He turned a rubber chicken luncheon (actually the food was quite good!) in to a very enjoyable afternoon. He was gracious and attentive but not in the least obtrusive. What an asset for the Westin La Paloma.

Bravo!

Dear Nancy,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your service at your corporate luncheon and that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I visited La Paloma for a business trip, and am greatly looking forward to coming back on a romantic getaway or for a girls weekend. Tucked away in the mountains, the resort is both tranquil and beautiful. The newly renovated rooms were ideal and very large and comfortable, and the staff was very personable and friendly.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing about your recent stay. We are happy you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms and that you found our staff to be personable and friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your romantic getaway or girls weekend!