Why did I never stay here before? Close to the Tucson Mall, Zinburger, St Phillips Square and a great break from the University area, yet close enough to all areas of Tucson!
A major renovation is just finishing up, so if you are looking for the pool water slide and the major pool, it is temp. closed for remodeling ("revitalizing.") They do use the La Paloma Country Club Olympic pool so that is helpful in the interim. The only bad thing about my trip was that it was just an overnighter; to stay longer would have been fantastic! Super quiet despite the remodeling. NO ROAD NOISE! Wonderful trails and scenery. Multiple golf carts would take you to your room; we walked because we wanted to. Deluxe room was huge; nice outside patio off room! Regular bathtub is narrow; consider different room if you like to tub soak.
Awesome to awaken to no noise other than doves cooing! All staff was kind, courteous, helpful and not snooty. Great value on the AARP rate and we received complementary upgraded room overlooking the golf course. Received free breakfast with this rate too- a wonderful perk! AZUL Restaurant was wonderful- picturesque, quiet, excellent food! Ruben and Mario and others were very attentive! Nice touch that I was able to select my own tea from a fancy box of teas! I cant wait to return to the La Paloma- so excited that Tucson is not losing this beautiful hotel gem ! AWESOME quick get-away!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newest level of luxury in the Southwest at Tucson's iconic Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa. This AAA Four-Diamond resort, beautifully situated in the lush foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains, has undergone a $305 million resort-wide rejuvenation. The result is a more contemporary, personalized flare to the resort's renowned elegance that exceeds expectations and fulfills every guests needs. Each of the 487 spacious guest rooms (including 25 expansive suites) have been meticulously reappointed, with attention to the smallest details, to provide the most relaxing and convenient space to unwind. A perfect getaway for couples, families or corporate retreats, The Westin La Paloma Resort offers world-class amenities including five re-imagined resort swimming pools and the 177a€™ Sidewinder water-slide; 27 holes of Jack Nicklaus Signature golf; the full-service, restorative Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa; WestinWORKOUT Fitness Center; Kids Club; and 8 exceptional dining options. Just 25 minutes from the Tucson International Airport, The Westin La Paloma Resort is conveniently located near art galleries, shopping, and a wide variety of signature destination attractions and dining. Courtesy transportation is provided for guests via new Mercedes Sprinters to the upscale La Encantada shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Paloma Hotel Tucson
- Westin Tucson
- Westin La Paloma Tucson Arizona
- Tucson Westin