“Incredible Weekend Getaway!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Incredible Weekend Getaway!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I went on a weekend getaway to the Westin La Paloma and had such a great time. The hotel was just renovated and the rooms are fantastic. They are very spacious and modern and our room had a beautiful view. I was also really impressed with the quality of the coffee in the room (we really like coffee). I can't say enough about this resort and how pleased we were with our stay. My boyfriend golfed during the day, while I enjoyed the spa and pool, which has a swim up bar!! We also really enjoyed the tennis courts, sauna / steam rooms and the gym. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Book a room with a view...you won't be sorry!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TheWestinLaPaloma, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for posting how you enjoyed many of the different amenities we have to offer. I hope to see you by the pool and on the course again soon. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (792)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa is absolutely spectacular. Beautiful setting overlooking the mountains with incredibly manicured grounds and walkways. The staff is incredibly customer-service oriented from the front desk personnel to the housekeeping staff to the employees at the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa. These are people who have a true passion for the hospitality industry--and it certainly shows! We stayed at the La Paloma suite and were blown away by the spacious accomodations with beautifully appointed features. Luxurious beyond belief. We plan to make La Paloma a place we will return to again--and again.

Room Tip: The La Paloma suite is situated with a view of the Santa Catalina mountains in building H. Breathta...
1 Thank Colleen1082
Thank you for your review. We all look forward to welcoming you back to La Paloma to provide a relaxing setting with our genuine, exceptional service. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Weston La Paloma over Thanksgiving week. We had an outstanding experience with both the resort and the Tucson area. This was our first stay at the resort and we look forward to visiting again soon.

As others have mentioned, the resort is being extensively remodeled. The entire property is being upgraded and the quality of the renovation is obvious. You can tell that the resort is fully committed to providing a first-class experience for their guests. We stayed in a renovated room which had been redone from floor to ceiling. The "new" rooms are roomy and beautifully done.

Due to the scale of the renovation, there is remodeling work going on during the day. However, the work did not interfere with our stay in any way. We heard very little noise from the workers even though they were working on a building right across from ours.

The hotel has a well equipped fitness center and yoga studio. My wife took yoga and Pilates classes every day. The fitness center had equipment you typically see in a gym and much more gear than a typical hotel. The pool area is very spacious and has a fun area for kids.

In addition to enjoying the resort's amenities, we had a lot of fun in Tucson. The resort is close to upscale shopping areas and you can get to most tourist spots within 30 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TheWestinLaPaloma, Public Relations Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for posting the many areas and reasons you enjoyed La Paloma and Tucson. As you mentioned, we provide a wide range of activities for all ages. As the holidays approach, La Paloma is the perfect setting as we’re close to upscale shopping with a shuttle for your convenience. We’d be happy to assist with your packages, including gift wrapping. Call us to reserve a few days for another family adventure. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I recent stayed at La Paloma for a business trip and left thinking I'll try a different location next time I'm in Tucson. The location is set in the beautiful Catalina foothills in the northern part of the city. The location is not particularly close to major sites in the city but everywhere is about 20 to 30 minutes away.

The restaurant Azul is below average and even the happy hour appetizers were a disappointment. The beer was cold and wet...with that I have no complaint. I chose to eat elsewhere after my first meal.

There is a significant amount of construction going on right now. On Friday, I saw all the construction work but never noticed the early morning noise because I was off to a morning meeting. On Saturday morning, I was hoping to to sleep in...the drills started at 6:35 a.m. With the clatter, voices, etc. I couldn't go back to sleep.

I mentioned the noise when I checked out and they were kind enough to discount $50 off my bill. I leave it to you to decide if $50 is worth two hours of sleep.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel until their renovation is completed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your posting. I apologize that our construction interfered with your stay. I do hope you will return to enjoy La Paloma in the future. I would like you to enjoy your morning in one of our new guest rooms, We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Whitefish, Montana
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Wow! My renovated room was just delightful! I absolutely loved my relaxing stay at Westin La Paloma in Tucson and the service was just incredible! The turnaround this property is undergoing is absolutely revolutionizing the feel here. Cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the golf course and it was perfect!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We cannot wait to have you return to continue to be part of our rejuvenation. This is exciting for us to share with our guests. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We checked in right at the 4PM check in time. Much to our surprise our room was NOT yet ready. So our 1st impression was not stellar. We waited in the lobby bar, having a drink til we were called an hour later. I requested that the hotel pay our bar bill for the inconvenience, which they graciously did, no questions asked. From there on in our stay was wonderful. We arrived in our newly remodeled room ( A 301)just in time for a gorgeous sunset view from our balcony. The entire staff from check in, to Betsy at the lobby bar, to Paul, the starter on the golf course were very friendly and accommodating. We had a lovely dinner outside on the verandah. The adult pool was very relaxing. Our only complaint was the housekeeping staff should be increased. Our room, both the arrival date and the following day were not made up until 5PM. We were going to do the express check out until we saw a questionable charge on our statement so we checked out at the front desk. They found the charge in question had been a restaurant meal charged to our room......perhaps inadvertently??? We would like to think so! It was immediately removed from our bill with an apology. We enjoy staying at quality resorts such as the Westin to play golf and will look forward to another stay soon again.

Room Tip: Newly Remodeled Rooms are wonderful. The hotel is currently remodeling all the rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your posting. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our new guest rooms as well as the service in Azul. I look forward to welcoming you back to relax in our lounge in the evenings as well as golf during the day. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at the Westin in Tucson in Sept 2012. Having grown up in Tucson, I always heard great things about it so I was anxious to finally try it out. We've stayed at other Westin properties and were impressed. The service was great at this property, but there was construction and lots of it. I would say a full-blown renovation which was much needed. My biggest mistake was not checking Trip Advisor reviews before booking!!! If I had, I would have known about the renovation. They did try to hide the noise etc. by putting us as far away from the units they were working on. But the day we arrived was the day they were working on the entry to the lobby - so you couldn't use the main doors etc., so that was just a minor inconvenience. We got a great deal on the room, so the value was still great and the service was awesome. The pool was amazing, so no issues there...perfect pool temperature and lots of options. The biggest issue for us was the room. There was an old musty smell about it - renovation needed perhaps? We didn't ask to be moved because a) all of the rooms are in need of renovation and b) the view was outstanding and we didn't want to give it up. We bought a candle to burn while we were in the room to cover the smell and just went with it. I'm sure once the renovation is over, it'll be amazing...but I'd wait until then if I were to do it over.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
TheWestinLaPaloma, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your posting. I look forward to having you back in the New Year to stay in one of our newly renovated guest rooms with the top notch service we provide. Check with us for our continuing great rates and packages. We’ll be waiting to welcome you back to Tucson and La Paloma. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager