“What a View, Great service, ahhhh”

Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa
Ranked #19 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tucson, Arizona
“What a View, Great service, ahhhh”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

As you walk in to the hotel there are floor to ceiling windows that give you the most amazing view of the Santa Catalina Mountains. There are 5 pools, 1 is adult only, a water slide that is great for kids of all ages, 4 Jacuzzis 1 of which is a waterfall. They have a Jack Nicklaus golf course, I don't play but it looks like it would be an exciting course to play.The Elizabeth Arden Red Door spa is a magical place to unwind and be pampered. The hotel service is amazing! At the Sabino's swim up bar Eric always has a smile on his face and knows so much about the resort and Tucson, it's always a pleasure to see him and he remembers us along with others whenever we can come stay. Lindsay B., the service express supervisor ,is always willing to help you find whatever it is you need with a few wonderful surprises thrown in. The resort is going through a major renovation and all of the guest rooms will be upgraded soon. I can't wait to go and enjoy it again.

Room Tip: I love to stay by the pool area, but the rooms with a view of the mountains and golf course are quie...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TheWestinLaPaloma, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for being a loyal guest and as you noted we remember you each and every time. I look forward to seeing how much you will enjoy the many renovations we are accomplishing this year. Stop by my office on your next visit to let me know what you think. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (792)
Arizona
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was my second year staying at the Westin for an annual conference. Every staff member we came in contact with was friendly and helpful. The resort has beautiful manicured grounds and everything is very clean and well maintained. The rooms are nice & comfortable and the A/C worked very well which is always high on our priority. We would definitely return!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains, it's beautiful!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting how you have enjoyed each visit. I look forward to seeing you at La Paloma during your next conference for your third visit. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Phoenix
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I recently stayed at the Westin for the ACTEAz conference and had yet again another outstanding experience. The staff is extremely helpful, the property is wonderful and the meeting facilities are perfect. Can't say enough about how much I enjoyed my stay. I didn't have the chance to hit the golf course, but friends of mine did and couldn't say enough about the great condition of the course and the helpfulness of the staff. I only wish I had more opportunities to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for you posting. I hope you may have a chance to return with your friends to play a round of golf with them. We’re just a short drive away. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is mainly to talk about one specific waiter. His name is William Arce and he makes an impression on everyone he serves. We have had multiple business functions at La Paloma and William always approaches his job with passion, joy and a pleasant attitude that is infectious. He will happily help you with any need you have and makes you feel welcome and comfortable. More than any other waiter I have met, he invites you to take him up on his hospitality. He effortless and tirelessly serves his guest and is famous within my organization for doing so.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting how William provides you with excellent service each and every visit. He’s looking forward to seeing you back soon. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Peoria, Arizona, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The Westin La Paloma, in Tucson, Arizona is a true oasis in the desert. However, there is a beautiful view in every directions. The Golf courses are in excellent condition and challenging. The staff at the La Paloma is top notch and very responsive to the guests. My favorites were William and Joel in catering, both exceptional and professional. Also, Gabe in the swim up bar has a fine steady hand...just sayin'

Don't miss the opportunity to visit here or staycation if you are local!!

Room Tip: I love the view of the mountains or the pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting how our friendly staff with their great service entices you to return. We hope you will have an opportunity to stay again soon. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I was staying at this resort while attending one of our association meetings and one of the things I noticed first about this place was that they had some of the friendliest and personable staff I've seen at a resort. I normally travel for business about 30-60 nights per year, so I've seen some great places, but the staff here sets the Westin apart from its competitors. By the end of our stay, some of the staff seemed like part of our group. For example, William Arce was awesome! He constantly made us feel like we were the only ones there and did a fantastic job taking care of us. Could probably be the most personable guy I've ever met. He even brought extra food out for our group when he saw that we hadn't had a chance to eat prior to our breakout sessions. Long story short, if you have a group meeting and you want to feel extremely welcomed, bring it here!

Room Tip: Anything facing the mountains is great!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting how we exceeded your expectations of service. As you have to travel so much, we are delighted we could provide you with a comfortable, memorable stay. We look forward to seeing you back at La Paloma on your next trip to Tucson. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I quite enjoyed the Westin La Paloma. Its like every other resort in Tucson, large and spread out, which for business travel is a bit of a pain, but for some reason they way the do it here, minimizes the disruption and inconvenience.

They gyms is "ok" - not bad, not great. The cardio equipment has TV's on them so that passes the time, the weight room is quite small and crammed so while it has good equipment it feels a bit like you are on top of everyone. Platinum fitness isn't too far and it does day passes so I don't mind staying here.

The rooms are very nice, big and clean. The lounge is the nicest one I have been to in Tucson, and they do make fun cocktails and the service is superb.

The only criticism I have, and if you read my other reviews, I seem to have bad luck with breakfast lately. I don't think there is too much business travel in this town, so most folks are on vacation. It takes a very long time for breakfast to be served - every morning, I waited over half an hour from ordering to delivery and I only order oatmeal and poached eggs, i don't understand the delay. They also take a very long time to seat you, as the hostess desk is not staffed. So allow yourself extra time for breakfast if you need to be somewhere. The second day I ordered oatmeal, they brought me a huge bowl of half cooked oats and water, it was disgusting I had to send it back, but they did fix it and take it off the bill.

I definitely will be returning to the Westin La Paloma. I can't wait to try the spa

1 Thank TerraNovaExplores
Thank you for you posting. We certainly appreciate your feedback, as this will assist us in knowing how we excel and where we need to make improvements. Call us directly for your next visit and let us assist with making your spa reservations. We wish you continued safe travels…remain well. Jonathan Litvack, General Manager