“SO FAR BEST STAY EVER”

Best Western Gold Poppy Inn
Ranked #35 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Most cleanest and awesome staff. Very professional staff, who made your stay so enjoyable. I would recommend Best Western to everyone I know. I have stayed in several other hotel, motels, i have stayed at the most horrible places, you see from the outside,, but once you walk in to the room. they can be so disgusted. We could not even sleep on the beds, before we put our own blankets on them or first spray with Lysol Disinfected spray. You try to get your money back, but that never works. But, my first at Best Western in Texas was so awesome, but the service was horrible, at the front desk and the cleaning personnel. I gave it another try in Arizona, and it had to be Best Western and no other place. Well, like I said, Best Western should be given a high rating anywhere ine world...very, very clean and that's what people want, especially my fiancee, he is a germ free man. It sounds crazy, but he rated the hotel "10." You don't hear that from him hardly ever. So, if we go traveling or just to get away fro the weekend...Best Western here we come. Love you guys!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Manuelita C
Naina N, Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and appreciating our hotel. Our staff works hard to get
to the point of 10 and we all thank you both for giving us that grade too. I will share this
review with my staff. We hope to see you again when you visit Tucson again.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

It was late and we were very tired. Arrive and in minutes we were in a clean and comfortable room. Great place to stay next to the main highway. Easy access and affordable too. Will keep staying in Best Westerns☺

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Mary E

Thank you for staying with us and I will share this review with my staff, we hope to
see you again when you visit Tucson again.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Best Western PLUS Gold Poppy Inn, Tucson is: convenient to Saguaro National Park and only a few exits from downtown; an excellent value, and very clean. The staff are friendly and professional and the breakfast is okay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank webra
Naina N, Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Our staff and I appreciate your stay with us and that you had enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to see you again when you visit Tucson again.
Thank you.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights while visiting relatives in Tucson and found this hotel to be perfect for our needs.The hotel is newly remodeled and a very clean facility. Other reviewers complained about the train noise but I brought a sound machine and never was bothered by it. They do supply earplugs and play up the history of the trains coming to Tucson to help build the city,cute. The bed was comfortable and a great showerhead. I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank beadsrule
Naina N, Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Thank you for mentioning the history of the train and appreciating our hotel cleanliness.
I will share this with my staff and we all hope to see you again when you visit Tucson again.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed there because we had stayed there in the past when I have to go to Tucson for medical procedures. We have found the staff to be OUTSTANDING. For the price I don't think you can find a better property ANYWHERE. The rooms are a nice size and EXTREMELY clean and well-maintained. As someone else said the pool is small, but for us that wasn't a problem. I, too, am gluten intolerant, but never really expect to be able to eat at the free breakfasts. The GM was very apologetic that she had no gluten free items and I appreciated that she took the time to determine this for me. Great location.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker there is even a nice outside smoking area with patio tables and chairs.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Naina N, Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and you had enjoyed your stay. I will share this response of
your stay with us with my staff and we hope to see you again when you visit Tucson.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Spent two nights there. The location was good. The rooms were not spacious, but they were clean. The breakfast was poor, my daughter has gluten allergies, and they had nothing for her so we had to go elsewhere to eat. The pool was small and in a bad location. The staff were friendly though, but I don't think that we would return. Too expensive for what you got!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Naina N, Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

We thank you for staying with us and you have found our staff very helpful. We sincerely
apologize for not having gluten free food, we rarely have somebody ask for it, but
we will keep in mind of the same.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed 2 nights. Had a room opposite the freeway, room was quiet. Clean. Can access Saguaro without going on the Interstate from Ina Rd. Breakfasts were good. Cheese Omelets one day (my hubby hates cheese), but regular scrambled eggs next day, waffles, etc. Denny's is within walking distance. Price was right. Internet service good. Adequate selection of TV channels. Plugs available on bedside and desk lamps.

Room Tip: Ask for opposite freeway.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Naina N, Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and you had enjoyed your stay and our breakfast.
We hope to see you again when you visit Tucson again.
Naina