“Excellent Property”

Ranked #38 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Casa Grande, Arizona
“Excellent Property”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed there because we had stayed there in the past when I have to go to Tucson for medical procedures. We have found the staff to be OUTSTANDING. For the price I don't think you can find a better property ANYWHERE. The rooms are a nice size and EXTREMELY clean and well-maintained. As someone else said the pool is small, but for us that wasn't a problem. I, too, am gluten intolerant, but never really expect to be able to eat at the free breakfasts. The GM was very apologetic that she had no gluten free items and I appreciated that she took the time to determine this for me. Great location.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker there is even a nice outside smoking area with patio tables and chairs.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Naina N, Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and you had enjoyed your stay. I will share this response of
your stay with us with my staff and we hope to see you again when you visit Tucson.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Nanaimo
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Spent two nights there. The location was good. The rooms were not spacious, but they were clean. The breakfast was poor, my daughter has gluten allergies, and they had nothing for her so we had to go elsewhere to eat. The pool was small and in a bad location. The staff were friendly though, but I don't think that we would return. Too expensive for what you got!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Naina N, Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
We thank you for staying with us and you have found our staff very helpful. We sincerely
apologize for not having gluten free food, we rarely have somebody ask for it, but
we will keep in mind of the same.
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed 2 nights. Had a room opposite the freeway, room was quiet. Clean. Can access Saguaro without going on the Interstate from Ina Rd. Breakfasts were good. Cheese Omelets one day (my hubby hates cheese), but regular scrambled eggs next day, waffles, etc. Denny's is within walking distance. Price was right. Internet service good. Adequate selection of TV channels. Plugs available on bedside and desk lamps.

Room Tip: Ask for opposite freeway.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Naina N, Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and you had enjoyed your stay and our breakfast.
We hope to see you again when you visit Tucson again.
Naina
hesperia, United States
Reviewed November 29, 2013

At check in I asked for additional coffee pods because my Husband and I are huge coffee drinkers and the receptionist gave me an attitude and was hesitant. There was a train close by and it was kind of annoying but they did give us ear plugs to accommodate us. We left pretty early and missed the breakfast and the receptionist at check out was kind enough to send us with danishes to go! Love that about this hotel, love where employees go out of their way. That is so rare nowadays.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Latisha R
Thank you for staying with us, I apologize for the front desk but we will make sure it does
not happen again.
Naina
Jarretaderas
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed here en route to USA from Mexico and was very impressed with every aspect. The breakfast was good too though I would have liked a little more nutrition in the scrambled eggs, say some fresh tomatoes to add but that's being picky. The cleanliness and quality of bedding, amenities and free wifi in room make this my go-to hotel in Tucson from now on. Very nice quiet reception, a smile and quick processing. The new key system is the same as a card and worked well. Good satellite TV range too. They even supply ear-plugs as there is the sound of Amtrak whistle way in the distance but I thought that was really soothing rather than noisy and couldn't hear the freeway at all overnight. There is a Denny's (walking distance) next door that gives discounts on meals to guests.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Naina N, Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
We thank you staying with us at the Best Western Plus Gold Poppy Inn, Tucson, AZ., and that
you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and the room. We hope to see you again when you visit
Tucson again. Thank you.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel is clean and very well kept. It is right off the I-10 interstate highway and you would think you would hear a lot of road noise, not so. Additionally, the BNSF rails are on the opposite side of the interstate and you would also think the trains would be anoying, not so. Yes you can hear them, but they are no loud enough to keep you awake at night. In the event you are a light sleeper and the train or road nois bothers you, the hote provides soft earplugs. For the price, I stay here whenever I go to Tucson. It usits me fine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Naina N, Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for staying at our hotel and had an enjoyable stay. We hope to see you again
when you are visiting Tucson, Az. again.
San Marcos
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I like Best Western because they have a certain standard. This Best Western was not exceptional for it's designation of Plus. Bed was uncomfortable for me but my companions had no problem. Had a good breakfast. Staff was very good for the most part.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Naina N, Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at our Best Western Gold Poppy Inn in Tucson, AZ.
We apologize for not meeting your expectations of the bed, but all our beds are brand new
since we have remodeled our hotel last year. We are happy to read that you had enjoyed our breakfast buffet and have complimented our staff. We hope to see you again when you visit
Tucson again, and try us out again.