“Couldn't have been better.......”

Comfort Suites at Tucson Mall
Ranked #65 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Wittmann, Arizona
“Couldn't have been better.......”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I recently spent a weekend in Tucson (attending a dog show) and stayed at the Comfort Suites at Tucson Mall. The staff was awesome. I can't single one out, they were ALL great. The facilities are clean and up to date. I even had a walk-in shower! I travel with a service dog and Skye was welcomed warmly. The breakfasts were a bit different each morning and all were good. The ring times for my dog Murphy were very early in the morning, and the staff made sure I had breakfast before I had to leave for the dog show grounds even though the breakfast times were not yet "open". All in all, my stay was fantastic. As an older woman traveling alone with a service dog, my Comfort Suites experience topped all my expectations. Thank you CS and staff for a very enjoyable stay. I definitely will stay there again when I come to Tucson in the future.

Room Tip: My room was a handicapped room on the first floor. It fit my needs perfectly. The walk-in shower w...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
FocusHospitality, V.P. of Management Company at Comfort Suites at Tucson Mall, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Linda L,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We're all so pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit. It was a great pleasure to have you stay with us. We certainly hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Sue Lemon
V.P. Sales and Marketing
Focus Hospitality Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Another Choice location that's initially difficult to find but is convenient to get around town while you're there. Again, the TP and facial tissue are less than great. Basic breakfast offerings. The staff was helpful with printing from the internet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suburban-countess
Katy, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My family and I truly enjoyed our stay at this facility. It was in a great location. It was close to many great things to do. The staff was professional yet very personable, everyone greeted us with a great smile.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 7, 2013

It is your basic Comfort Inn, but staff makes it great. Check in was amazing. Although we did arrive pass business hours, Luis stuck around and made sure everything was fine. Luis was amazing and went above and beyond being helpful. Not only all of our requests were accommodated, but totally anticipated any additional needs and requests. Super nice guy.
Hotel is conveniently located adjacent to shopping and dining. Our group loved it here. We would come back anytime.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I decided to book this hotel because it was conveniently located. Very close to the mall, restaurants, major attractions and to the center of town. The receptionist was polite and check-in was done quickly. The reception area is cleaned and polished. My room was located on the first floor. The room was large, equipped fairly well, looked clean but there was a slight moldy smell. Internet connection is fast. Air conditioning unit is not wall controlled. Carpets definitely need to be changed. I could hear the guest on the upper floor walking around all night and moving around on his/her noisy bed. Just before I went to bed I decided to do something I normally do at hotels. I pulled off all pillow cases and inspected the pillows. Disgusting! Absolutely disgusting! All pillows were stained with God knows what. There were brown, green and yellow stains all over. I slept on a rolled up towel and the pillows were thrown on the floor. Breakfast however was nice and the lady that was around the bk area was friendly. The gym is miniscule with 3 or 4 running machines. Pool is small – perfect area for a sunbath. Upon check-out I handed in the paper survey that was in the room and told the receptionist about the dirty old pillows and he just muttered that they will be renovating. Which to me should not be an excuse at all. I remember staying at a Comfort Inn in Orland and that was a really good hotel.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a suite.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was a very clean and comfortable stay. The employees were very friendly and accommodating. The hotel was convenient to restaurants and shopping. We enjoyed our weekend. We were in Tucson for a 5k so comfort and convenience was top priority. The breakfast was good but could have more selection.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Winters, California
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Upon arrival I walked into the lobby to the smell of fresh paint and new carpet and the sight of new tile and furniture... I thought "Wow; I'm surprised this place is as inexpensive as it is," then I asked the receptionist if this was a new property. "No," she replied; "The property is being completely remodeled." We made our way to our suite to find very dated furnishings, accouterments, and a fan in the bathroom that whined, squealed, rattled, and knocked, it was also kind of hanging down from the ceiling. I returned to the front desk to ask if we could be moved to another suite. The clerk said all the fans are loud, but maybe not as loud as that one. We checked two other rooms, both were quieter, a lot quieter, so we moved our luggage and settled in for the night. I should mention that the TV is state of the art, large flat screen with HDMI, USB, and AV inputs. I'm not sure about housekeeping... The room seemed clean, linens, bedding, furniture, etc., but there was a potato chip behind the nightstand (I noticed when I plugged something into the electrical outlet), and there was a tortilla or quesadilla left in the microwave from the previous guest, I imagine. Breakfast was served from 6:00 to 9:00 a.m. And included cinnamon and traditional waffles, sausage patties, scrambled eggs, bagels, toast, muffins, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, coffee, juice, and everything else you would expect from Comfort Suites. I'm rating this a three, it's a little stretch, but I'm certain they'll make it... The potential exists for a rating of "four," I guess it remains to be seen.

Room Tip: Before unloading your luggage, and unpacking your bags, check the bathroom fan to make sure it won...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family