“Great Staff”

Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre
Ranked #48 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed April 10, 2014

After spending the week in the Phoenix area I was given a last minute change to my travel plans which put me in Tucson. Having stayed at this property a couple of times before it was a no-brainer to book this hotel. The staff is very courteous and attentive to the guests and there are numerous restaurant’s within walking distance. One warning in regards to the local eateries, the service at "The Pita Jungle" is horrible; I went there for supper and ended up walking out after being ignored for 10 minutes. This of course has nothing to do with the hotel, other than it's proximity and I wouldn't change my hotel choice because of it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Great Staff,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and excellent review about the Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre. I am so glad you enjoyed your time at the hotel. Also, thank you for mentioning the Staff. Truly, this group of Marriott Associates are the finest I know. Each one of them has a great "marriottt" story to tell.

Please let me know if you ever need hotel help in the future.

All my best to you.

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed a couple of nights at this property and was comfortable. The rooms were clean and well kept. The property was clean an the staff was helpful. I only wished they would've had an included breakfast buffet. I did purchase the additional breakfast, and it was ok, but not worth the additional expense. I would just go to breakfast outside of the property next time. Otherwise it was a nice property and a good stay.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear nice hotel near several restaurants,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. It was very nice for you to mention the location "near several restaurants" and the clean rooms.

Please let me know if I can ever assist you in the future.

All my best to you,

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed three nights while visiting UAZ for our daughter. Very nice property and facility. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. The pool, whirlpool, and gym were very pleasant. The staff was especially pleasant, helpful, and courteous! Not availing ourselves of the restaurant, we cannot comment. The only downside was that the rooms/facility, while OK, seem overdue for an updating and freshening.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Clean, comfortable and Great Staff,

Thank you very much for your excellent review of the hotel. We definitely strive for cleanliness and comfort. Our staff is the best. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please let me know if I may ever asssist you in the future. All my very best to you.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

This hotel is in need of up grade, our room was dirty and the bath room was in need of major cleaning. A/c heating system smelled of dust and room in general stunk, lack of freshness.
Over price for what you received, also the breakfast bar food was average, but again over priced.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlie G
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Dear old hotel at todays prices,

I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Your comments definitely do not reflect our desired outcome. Please accept my apology. There is no excuse for a room that is not clean. I promise we will do our very best to do better in the future.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Very nice property and facility. Stayed two night while visiting University of Arizona for our son. If he chooses A of U for college will likely spend more time here. Staff very friendly and pleasant.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Nice Hotel,

Thank you very much for writing such a great review of our hotel. We are big fans of the U of A Wildcats. The hotel is conveniently located just 5.5 miles from the front entrance of the campus - just east on Broadway. We hope to see you again in the near future.

All our very best to you!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

From the frendlieness of the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff, it set the tone for a very good experience. Although I agree with other reviewers that it was due for an upgrade, it was still a good stay. Rooms were well appointed although the bathroom was a little cramped. Location is very good with a variety of restaurants within walking distance. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear GOOD EXPERIENCE,

Thank you very much for writing such a great response about the hotel and staff. It makes us all very happy to know you enjoyed the service you received while staying at the Courtyard. Please know we are all "ears" to the comments about the need for an update to the hotel.

You have my word: we will always do our very best to make things great here for you.

I am certainly thankful for you, and hope you come back again soon.

Please feel free to contact me at any time.

All my best,

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We received a very friendly greeting at the front desk and that was the highlight of our stay. Nothing was particularly badly done. It's just that the physical aspects of the hotel are showing their age and are looking a bit tired. As carpet and paint wear, it becomes harder to assess cleanliness. We slept well and the room was generously-sized.

Room Tip: Our room looked to the North (I believe) and it's a view of the backside of some businesses acro...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear Time for some upgrades,

Thank you for your kind words about our staff. The hotel definitely has an excellent and hard working staff. We care about our guests very much.

Your comments about the carpet wear are well received. While we work exceedingly hard to take care of carpet both in-house and with our amazing, outside, professional cleaning company. We must admit there are times we are not perfect - especially during our busy peak season months - despite our best efforts.

Courtyard and Marriott have designed an amazing new guest-room for hotels receiving renovations 2014 and beyond. Stay tuned - I will let everyone know when our renovation happens.

All my best to you - please feel free to contact me at any time.