“One of the best Courtyard Hotels”

Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre
Ranked #49 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed January 19, 2014

One of the best Courtyard Hotels.......I arrived early, and was able to get checked-in at @11.30am. Location wise, it's just off Broadway, about 15 minutes east of downtown at Williams Center. We were booked in on a Marriott Rewards free night, so our rate did not include breakfast, but there are restaurant choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner less than 1 block away. We had a 2nd floor room, away from the pool, with a nice view of the mountains. I have nothing bad to say......

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear One of the Best Courtyard Hotels,

I loved your review of the hotel - thank you for being great! My staff reads these reviews each day. They are really important to us. Please contact me the next time you are in town. It would be great to say hi.

(sorry for the short response - I broke my elbow a few weeks ago so typing is a challenge).

Sincerely yours,

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre

Reviewed January 13, 2014

OK People, The Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre Marriott was a phenomenal experience.

It is so pleasing to see this beautiful lobby/bistro area when you first come thru the front lobby. The pleasant front desk staff was smiling, friendly, knowledgeable and such a joy. A pleasant first impression is vital to set the tone for the rest of our stay.

Well, our room was spotless, decorated beautiful, and I must tell you the bathroom looked
brand new ----- it was so spotless.

This was our second stay at this property. MELISSA, who checked us in our first visit was
exceptional. Her customer service was extra ordinary. Her smile was gorgeous. Her attitude was awesome. When you visit this property hopefully you will be lucky and have Melissa check your group in as well.

We opened the glass sliding door to a beautiful pool area complete with lush landscaping and water works. Simply delightful and inviting.

So I completely give this property and staff 5 stars, everything was PHENOMENAL, PLEASANT, PLEASING, and DEFINATELY PRAISE WORTHY!

Location was perfect. Restaurants and nice shops just steps away. Yes, and even right across the street was a TARGET just in case you needed anything.

Dont hesitate to visit -----

Room Tip: I would recommend a room that opens to the inside courtyard. Its so beautiful.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank 1952Ruby
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear PRAISEWORTHY MARRIOTT,

Thank you for your amazing words about the Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre. Your comments about the staff service, and Melissa were awesome. We have been so blessed over the years by having a very loyal and hardworking team. Each employee puts their heart into their work: to make great stays happen for our guests.

I am so thankful you took the time and effort to complete a survey and to let us know your thoughts... The staff reads theses comments and your words are important to us all.

Come again soon!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We booked several rooms at this hotel for a family reunion. We were very happy with everything in the hotel. The ratio of quality vs price was excellent. We tried to extend our stay for another week, but the price jumped 50%, so we found a better deal next door.

The hotel is conveniently located among restaurants, entertainment, and shopping centers, with easy access to most things to do in Tucson. It has ample parking and a tiny convenience shop inside. The lobby has fireplace, several computers and it's very pleasant. There's a courtyard with a beautiful fountain and a swimming pool.

This is not a luxury hotel, but it's well maintained, clean, and convenient. The WiFi is super fast and easy to connect to. Carpeting is very clean. There's a small fridge inside the room. Guests may request room service or else have food delivered from various nearby restaurants. Safety deposit boxes are available at the front desk. Air conditioning works well--even in the desert clilmate the heating did not feel excessively dry. Plenty fluffy towels were provided.

The staff was very friendly. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Henry S
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Excellent Value in Tucson Arizona,

Thank you so much for your awesome review of the hotel. The details are very helpful. Please know that I am always here to help with your next stay. I hope you the very best in 2014.

(Sorry for the brief response - I had a little accident while running and broke my elbow - Typing is a bit of an adveture for me now - I wanted to make sure you knew we are listening)

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I needed to quickly reserve a room for a one-night business/personal visit to Tucson and did not have time to search for the best possible deal. While I have stayed at Marriott hotels, previously, this was my first time at a Courtyard. This hotel lived up to the Marriott brand. The room was immaculately clean, with a comfortable bed AND sofa. The hotel staff was friendly and courteous. The visit was part business and part personal. It was nice being able to have a room with a sofa and coffee table, which enabled me to have a comfortable, impromptu meeting in my room with several others. I thought the room cost was a little pricey, but didn't have time to shop and compare with other hotels in the area. I do have three criticisms. These may seem to be nitpicky, and they are. But, it is the small things, sometimes, that can make a difference, particularly if the room price is seemingly high, even if it isn't:
1. For a hotel geared to business customers, it would be appropriate to have two wastebaskets: one for the bath and one for the desk. There was only one wastebasket in the room.
2. The facial tissues were cheap tissues--an off-brand, that was thin, not very absorbent, and scratchy. For a few dimes more, I think the hotel could spring for a premium grade, like Puffs or Kleenex, that can actually function as a tissue should. And, there should be at least two boxes: one for the bath and one for the nightstand or desk!
3. There should be a free, continental breakfast. For me, all I would want is coffee, a piece of fruit and orange juice. There is a 24/hr refrigerator case from which items may be purchased and an in-lobby snack bar/restaurant. So, food IS available, but for purchase. Offering a free continental breakfast would be a nice touch. A sore spot is that while the refrigerator case is supposed to have milk for purchase, it was not available and I had to pay double the amount to purchase the same, one-half pint at the in-lobby restaurant. It was not worth my time to make an issue over 75 cents, but it is a petty thing that leaves the impression that the hotel is trying to "nickel and dime" its customers. Marriott is better than that. Still, I would strongly consider staying here again, since having a clean, comfortable room, friendly, professional staff, and an easily accessible computer and printer right in the lobby, is something I genuinely appreciate. Also, nothing was worn. Clearly, the company works to ensure everything is well-maintained.

Room Tip: Room on north side of hotel, near elevator and side entrance door was perfectly located. It was rel...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Abe18
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Friendly staff,

Thank you very much for this excellent review of the hotel. You bring so much credibility to the discussion - very impressive!

Something you experienced: Location, cleanliness, friendliness, comfort. You must know that this is one of the top guest experience Courtyard hotels in North America! We are here to please.

The price of the hotel is based on very careful analysis of the market place - supply and demand. We do our very best to provide an excellent value, with a competitive price. In the Courtyard brand we offer a full Starbuck's menu and entree items prepared individually. We give the conusmer a choice from the other free breakfast buffet hotels. I can understand that it is not for everyone - it's just what we have decided to do for our target business customer.

Please let me know when you are in town again - I want to say hello to you and help you with your stay.

I am honored by your review and thank you very much for taking the time here.

All my best to you,

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We spent two nights here December. The hotel was a couple of blocks off a busy street so it was very quiet. Many of the hotels in Tucson are on busy streets and are very noisy. We got a great walk in rate and the staff was very helpful. The room was large and clean. The bed was very comfortable. We will return the next time we are in Tucson.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bikeco
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Great Place to stay,

Thank you very much for your awesome review of the hotel.

The hotel is very lucky to sit in the ideal Williams Centre location. We are just enough off of the beaten path yet right in the middle of everything.

Readers: This review was written by someone with 100 reviews and 37 hotel reviews - a true road warrior with excellent knowledge - and a "5" ranking.

Our staff is ready to help you with your hotel needs in Tucson. Call on us any time!

520-745-6000

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Bed was very comfortable. Front office staff were friendly and attended to my needs. I would recommend this hotel to my friends. Location was convenient and very safe. Bathroom showers had good power and I was very happy with my stay.

Room Tip: Room near lobby are quiet and give east access.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank utahbobby
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Clean and quiet hotel. Good Value.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about the Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. December and January are often slower months for the hotel and we are offering great rates to our guests. Please check it out and come back soon.

All my best to you - please say hello the next time you are in town.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed there last month with my daughter's cheer squad. We had 5 rooms. All were the cleanest rooms I've stayed in. The beds are really comfortable and I loved the modern decor. Their bistro is amazing for breakfast, dinner or drinks. Oh and I can't forget to mention having Starbucks beats free coffee any day. Their courtyard pool area is so nice and relaxing. The staff was all very helpful and professional. The manager Logan and his staff are one of a kind. The area of the hotel is great. So many places within walking distance. This hotel is amazing for what ever brings you to Tucson. This will be our hotel of choice from now on. Thank you for making this stay so amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the couryard
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amanda M

Dear Great Hotel,

Thank you for your awesome review of the hotel. It sounds to me like you really "get it." I am glad the cheer team had a great time in our hotel. Thank you very much for mentioning the clean rooms, location, friendly and professional staff, and Starbuck's coffee.

Please come back and stay again. We think you are amazing too!