I needed to quickly reserve a room for a one-night business/personal visit to Tucson and did not have time to search for the best possible deal. While I have stayed at Marriott hotels, previously, this was my first time at a Courtyard. This hotel lived up to the Marriott brand. The room was immaculately clean, with a comfortable bed AND sofa. The hotel staff was friendly and courteous. The visit was part business and part personal. It was nice being able to have a room with a sofa and coffee table, which enabled me to have a comfortable, impromptu meeting in my room with several others. I thought the room cost was a little pricey, but didn't have time to shop and compare with other hotels in the area. I do have three criticisms. These may seem to be nitpicky, and they are. But, it is the small things, sometimes, that can make a difference, particularly if the room price is seemingly high, even if it isn't:
1. For a hotel geared to business customers, it would be appropriate to have two wastebaskets: one for the bath and one for the desk. There was only one wastebasket in the room.
2. The facial tissues were cheap tissues--an off-brand, that was thin, not very absorbent, and scratchy. For a few dimes more, I think the hotel could spring for a premium grade, like Puffs or Kleenex, that can actually function as a tissue should. And, there should be at least two boxes: one for the bath and one for the nightstand or desk!
3. There should be a free, continental breakfast. For me, all I would want is coffee, a piece of fruit and orange juice. There is a 24/hr refrigerator case from which items may be purchased and an in-lobby snack bar/restaurant. So, food IS available, but for purchase. Offering a free continental breakfast would be a nice touch. A sore spot is that while the refrigerator case is supposed to have milk for purchase, it was not available and I had to pay double the amount to purchase the same, one-half pint at the in-lobby restaurant. It was not worth my time to make an issue over 75 cents, but it is a petty thing that leaves the impression that the hotel is trying to "nickel and dime" its customers. Marriott is better than that. Still, I would strongly consider staying here again, since having a clean, comfortable room, friendly, professional staff, and an easily accessible computer and printer right in the lobby, is something I genuinely appreciate. Also, nothing was worn. Clearly, the company works to ensure everything is well-maintained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new state-of-the-art lobby at the Courtyard Tucson, AZ hotel in Williams Centre provides greater flexibility & choices for our guests. Our new lobby features flexible spaces, free 40MEG Fiber Optic Wi-Fi and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. The highlight of our new Tucson hotel lobby experience is The Bistro-Eat. Drink. Connect., which provides guests with healthy food and beverage offerings with dinner service. Our hotel in Tucson, AZ is minutes from Park Place Mall, 5 miles from the University of Arizona and 7 miles from downtown Tucson & the Tucson Convention Center. The hotel is located 1 mile north from Davis Monthan AFB. The Courtyard by Marriott Tucson Williams Centre hotel will make you feel at home with luxurious bedding, garden-like surroundings, outdoor pool, whirlpool & exercise room. Our guests love the well-lit work desk, ergonomic desk chair & free 40MEG Fiber Optic Wi-Fi high speed internet in our spacious guest rooms. If hosting a meeting or event, our hotel has two meeting rooms totaling 1,248 square feet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre Hotel Tucson
- Tucson Marriott
- Tucson Courtyard