“Great Place to stay”

Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre
Ranked #49 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We spent two nights here December. The hotel was a couple of blocks off a busy street so it was very quiet. Many of the hotels in Tucson are on busy streets and are very noisy. We got a great walk in rate and the staff was very helpful. The room was large and clean. The bed was very comfortable. We will return the next time we are in Tucson.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bikeco
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Great Place to stay,

Thank you very much for your awesome review of the hotel.

The hotel is very lucky to sit in the ideal Williams Centre location. We are just enough off of the beaten path yet right in the middle of everything.

Readers: This review was written by someone with 100 reviews and 37 hotel reviews - a true road warrior with excellent knowledge - and a "5" ranking.

Our staff is ready to help you with your hotel needs in Tucson. Call on us any time!

520-745-6000

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Bed was very comfortable. Front office staff were friendly and attended to my needs. I would recommend this hotel to my friends. Location was convenient and very safe. Bathroom showers had good power and I was very happy with my stay.

Room Tip: Room near lobby are quiet and give east access.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank utahbobby
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Clean and quiet hotel. Good Value.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about the Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. December and January are often slower months for the hotel and we are offering great rates to our guests. Please check it out and come back soon.

All my best to you - please say hello the next time you are in town.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed there last month with my daughter's cheer squad. We had 5 rooms. All were the cleanest rooms I've stayed in. The beds are really comfortable and I loved the modern decor. Their bistro is amazing for breakfast, dinner or drinks. Oh and I can't forget to mention having Starbucks beats free coffee any day. Their courtyard pool area is so nice and relaxing. The staff was all very helpful and professional. The manager Logan and his staff are one of a kind. The area of the hotel is great. So many places within walking distance. This hotel is amazing for what ever brings you to Tucson. This will be our hotel of choice from now on. Thank you for making this stay so amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the couryard
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amanda M

Dear Great Hotel,

Thank you for your awesome review of the hotel. It sounds to me like you really "get it." I am glad the cheer team had a great time in our hotel. Thank you very much for mentioning the clean rooms, location, friendly and professional staff, and Starbuck's coffee.

Please come back and stay again. We think you are amazing too!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this courtyard and it was perfect just like the first time. We came out with a few friends to watch WSU beat UofA. The service was great when we checked in and the room was very clean.
We got coffee in the morning before our trip back to Phoenix and was greeted by a happy server and the manager.
This is my favorite place to stay in Tucson.
Go Cougs and Seahawks!!

D

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank RDSmith10
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Perfect spot for a game,

Thank you very much for your excellent review of the hotel. It sounds to me like you have a great lay of the land. I agree, the hotel is in the perfect location for the U of A travelers.

Thank you for being a cool Seahawk Fan! Something you don't know about me - I was one of the first season ticket holders in 1976... King Dome, Jim Zorn, Steve Largent days. We held those seats for 5 years until ultimately moving from Seattle. Needless to say, we have something in common: I too am a Seahawk Fan!

Please call on my any time for your reservations - glad you decided on the Courtyard Hotel.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Motel is pleasant, modern, and clean. Staff is attentive and professional. Lobby is professionally decorated in modern style and is visually impressive.

Unfortunately there's no free continental breakfast, and the in-lobby Starbuck's bar does not open until 7AM. This is not the fault of the local franchisee, it's a corporate policy. Unfortunately this gives a bad impression, since early-rising guests have no option -- there's no in-house restaurant. I heard several early-rising business travelers inquire about breakfast and were directed by the concierge to a Wal-Mart or convenience store. This clashes with the caliber of clientele the motel wants.

In some urban locations this wouldn't be a big deal -- there are plenty of coffee/bagel shops which open early within a block of the property. This wasn't the case here. Marriott needs to give each local franchisee the option of how to handle breakfast. Having a business traveler walking around looking for a convenience store or Wal-Mart is not the experience you want them to remember. Everything else positive the motel facilities and staff do for the guest is tainted by this. It feels cheap and low-class.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joema4
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Pleasant motel, but no free continental breakfast,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful review about the hotel. It appears that you had a good stay overall, but were dissatisfied by not being offered a complimentary breakfast before the 7:00 AM hour. Thank you for your excellent comments about the staff and decor - that is great!

In 2009, the hotel received a $1 Million renovation to the lobby space in an effort to provide a better breakfast for the business traveler. We included Starbucks to the menu - along with many freshly made items including french toast, eggs, breakfast meats, breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal, and "everything good & healthy" you would want to eat at breakfast! We offer breakfast between 6AM & 10AM Monday - Friday. On the weekends we offer breakfast one hour later because a majority of our guests want breakfast between 7AM & 11AM.

We have free coffee in the guestrooms through Royal Cup Coffee. We also offer a complimentary cup of coffee in our lobby starting at 5AM. Just a 30 second walk from our front door: The Good Egg - open at 6:30AM daily. Just a 45 second walk from our front door: Savaya Coffee Market - open at 7:00AM daily. The hotel has 18 restaurants within a 1 minute walk from our front door. However, the two breakfast spots are The Good Egg and the Savaya Coffee Market.

The hotel works diligently to be a great value for our guests. Ultimately, we want you to be able to choose when and where you eat breakfast. We also want you to have the opportunity for a freshly made & healthy breakfast. Breakfast can always be added into the purchase of your room - just ask and we will help you with that one.

A sincere thank you for the time and effort taken to write this excellent review about the Courtyard hotel. We are thankful for you and would very much like for you to return soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed in Tucson for business, spending most of a week at the Courtyard Williams Centre. I couldn't have asked for a nicer stay. The staff was very helpful, giving me directions as needed to area attractions and businesses, not only telling me where things were but which would be best for walking to. I even checked in as it happens on Courtyard's 30th anniversary, for which I was gifted a Marriott T shirt and a doughnut! Nice touch.

There is a nice bistro/coffee bar in the lobby, which was very generous with their silverware and dishes. The food looked very good but I didn't sample it.

The room I was in was on the first floor with a sliding glass door which opened on the poolside walkways, allowing me a ten step trip to either the hot tub or the pool, both of which were very nice, clean, and in the former case, hot. The gym is adjacent to the hot tub, and is likewise well equipped. The bed was very comfortable and the desk/chair arrangement were put to good use. A small refrigerator and microwave are available.

The bathroom was quite nice as well, with good pressure and temperature. I was only there a couple days but I was made very welcome and comfortable. Of particular note, Logan Shinn, the general manager, took the time one morning to introduce himself and talk with me a bit about my work and what brought me to Tucson, asking me to contact him personally and directly if I needed anything. Logan was just the leader of a particularly well-trained team, but I didn't get the names of all the staff.

I would certainly stay here again, I hope to be back to Tucson soon and give it another go.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank bzkarasek
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Great stay in Tucson, thanks to the staff!,

Thank you very much for your amazing review of the hotel. Who can argue? 81 reviews & 25 hotel reviews. Credibility is on your side:O)

It is all about the staff at the Courtyard. This is a great team - everyone is sold out for our guests. I am so blessed. I am also glad you noticed.

Please know we are always here for you - just give us a call the next time you are headed to Tucson.

And again - thank you so much!!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Management & Staff could not be more pleasant or more accommodating. They consistently make the extra effort. Rooms during my multiple stays have always met or exceeded my expectations. Central location is convenient to everything in town.

Room Tip: I can't think of anything, as rooms for my many stays have always been excellent. What makes th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Not_Stevie
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear "Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre",

Thank you for your amazing review of the hotel! Thank you for liking us.

It is great you mentioned that we are centrally located in Tucson. I recently walked the local area and talked to many of the business owners. Did you know that we have 18 restaurants within two blocks of the hotel? The Target, and amazing Williams Centre shops all around the hotel are very helpful for our guests as well.

The hotel is 10 minutes south of Sabino Canyon, 10 minutes east of the University of Arizona, 2 minutes north of Davis Monthan AFB, 1 minute west of Park Place Mall, and 5 minutes west of the Sonoran Desert.

Thank you again so very much - come back soon,