“convenient but dirty”

Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive
Ranked #33 of 47 Specialty Lodging in Tucson
Reviewed February 2, 2014

staff is very nice and helpful but room and public areas are very dirty. internet service worked intermittently.
changed rooms, second room was better but carpet very dirty. hallways severely stained, trash receptacles remained full during stay. had to work with tech support on two occasions because internet service wouldn't work. they determined it was the host and not my computer.
so although the staff was helpful, it didn't resolve my feeling of being in a dirty environment. I've been staying at this motel for several years, ever since it opened, it is at its worst!

Room Tip: check out room before moving in. ask for room close to router. first floor is clean, others are not
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank pat n
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Pat - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so glad that our staff provided you with such great service; however, I am sorry for the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that we are working to deep clean the property and also improve our cleaning services moving forward.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tbu@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

to rest! is a great hotel and excellent location near to freeway, the staff are very nice and help you throughout. The even room are the best. Would definitely go back in other cases. I fell at home. thanks!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff and property.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

The only positive feature of this hotel is that it is near the airport. Otherwise, it lies in an unattractive area, virtually surrounded by trailer parks. The walls are very thin, and one hears the loud blaring of the many freight trains that pass through all night long. The room smelled dirty, and the water faucet in the bathroom couldn't be turned off. Most of the other guests are foreign migrant workers & some of the people we saw at the hotel made us feel anxiously insecure. Although we had booked our room for 8 nights, we checked out after just one night, and found a much nicer place in northern Tucson.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Greg F
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Greg - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that you felt unsafe during your stay, and that you had a maintenance issue with your faucet. I discussed your comments with the team, and I have created a work order for the maintenance issue to get it repaired immediately. As for safety, please know we take this very seriously and work hard to ensure our guests are comfortable at all times. With that in mind, we will look into your concerns and take action as needed.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at TBU@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

For the price we knew it would not be the Ritz. What we got was a very clean room with plenty of space to spread out. We were only there for 2 nights and really only needed a clean room and bathroom This met our needs and liked having a fridg to store drinks and snacks. The staff was exceptional and we will stay there again when in that area. We were there on a weekend and found it to be a quiet area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Susan - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and everything was comfortable for you. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is a bare bones real cheap place. The price is hard to beat, however when you consider that in terms of design, furnishings and functionality anything more than what the cost is on the internet reservation screen would be a serious stretch almost a rip off to charge for the room in this hotel. The best part of the hotel I found to be their staff. During my stay I came across friendly and courteous people working their best to make an honest living and make your stay as comfortable as circumstances allow. I had some issues with the room and Paulina went above and beyond by providing me with a clean and more spacious room which made up for the inconvenience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about our staff and employees. While our accommodations may not have met your expectations, I am proud of our team for making your stay comfortable.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The carpet has not been cleaned in a long long time.The mattress was older then Methuselah
The trains at night kept us up . We left earlier to get sleep at another place Corporate could care
less. No refund but offered us a free night???at a later date We had to request light bulb and
bathroom drainage . We would recommend this to our worst friend

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pail M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of the carpet, and quality of the mattress were in poor condition. Also please know that we are sincerely sorry that the train disrupted your rest. Please accept my apology. I discussed your comments with the team, and I am having my maintenance engineer clean the carpet in the room you occupied, and we will look into replacing the mattress.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tbu@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The motel seems to be in a rough area at first site but, when you look around it is not so bad. Many of the residents seem to be long term but were friendly. The room was OK and there was a trolley to get our gear up on the lift. Found Frys supermarket nearby where we did a shop and made a meal in our room.
The bed was reasonable and the room was quite comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

The team and I appreciate your positive comments about the location of the hotel. It's great to hear that the room was comfortable for you during your travel.