“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 47 Specialty Lodging in Tucson
Seattle, Washington
“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I would not stay here again. This hotel name should not be associated with Extended Stay America. Because of the Tucson location I will never consider staying at another Crossland Economy Studios. Beds are rock hard. Sheets are dingy and dirty looking. Pillows are sweat stained. Bedspread have cigarette burns. TVs have lines in the screens and volume goes down unexpectedly (don't expect more than 10 channels). Ants in the kitchen and bathroom (housekeeping sprayed, but left the dead ants). Showers are warm at best. Peep holes in doors are missing and plugged with paper towels. Lamp shades are cracked and broken. Maintenance doesn't fix any problems. Several weeks housekeeping didn't vacuum and sweep, wipe down sinks and counters, or make the bed (non the less change the sheets) . Rates promised by the front desk and management aren't kept as they promise. This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tbu@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I'm not one for writing reviews; however Crossland Economy Suites is deserving of a response regarding my stay.

Once again, the Management; Dan G., and his staff go above and beyond the meaning of "Customer Service." They are truly exceptional in everything from the front office to the cleaning staff.

If you need to be away from home, for any amount of time, you can't go wrong when you book a reservation at this location.

I could go on and on relating my experiences regarding my stays but the best way to enjoy Crossland is to experience for yourself...you can't go wrong.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about your stay at Crossland Economy Studios. Our staff was happy to hear how pleasant your stay has been. Please feel free to let us know we can help you with future stays at our many Extended Stay America locations throughout the country and Canada. Once again, thank you so much for your review.
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at Crosslands for 3 nights while our house was being cleaned up from a broken water pipe. The room was clean,had a kitchen area, utensils, so we cooked a lot and enjoyed our "home away from home". No cleaning services unless you stay for a week but we knew that when we checked in at the front office. It was a small room but very practical. Staff was very helpful and friendly. I highly recommend Crosslands! Nothing fancy but a good value for your money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Crossland Economy Studios- Tucson. It's great to hear that the staff was helpful and did great job at creating a "home away from home" for you. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

During my lenthy stay here at the Crossland Hotel, at one point a security issue did develop, in which one desk clerk here did not take the incident seriously. However, when I brought the problem to the attention of the manager, Dan, he resolved the matter promptly and with appropriate concern for hotel guests. The service here at the Crossland Hotel from all departments, including housekeeping, security, maintenance and management, continues to measure up to a very high standard of excellence.

gordongreen

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank gordongreen
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Economy Studios-Tucson. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I am glad we make you feel at home! We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words.
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Husband and I needed a place to crash after a New Year's party and with the way every other hotel skyrocketed their prices for the night, we were happy to find Crossland had not.

--We got a single double bed room, the bed was plenty large enough for the both of us (it's only slightly smaller than a queen). The blankets on the bed were thin, but clean and more than able to keep us warm. The mattress was very firm, which I liked, but my husband prefers soft mattresses, so he hated it. The mattress also made a ton of noise whenever one of us moved. The pillows were of medium firmness and nice and a fluffy.
--Heat/AC unit is in the room so you can control it.
--The room has a two burner stove, microwave, coffee pot, mini fridge with freezer, cutting board, pot and pan, plates, bowls, silverware, can opener, ETC...Just the basics for a little kitchenette, which was great since we got to make our own breakfast in the morning (saves money!).
--There's a small open closet by the bed with extra towels placed in it.
--The bathroom contained two sets of body and hand towels as well as two wash clothes. There was another towel to serve as a mat in the shower. Soap for the sink and shower were provided. There are also extra toilet paper rolls in the bathroom if you needed. There was only a shower unit (no tub).
--One thing I wanted to note was while the room itself was totally spotless and clean, the shower needed to be rinsed & cleaned a little better. There were hairs and fibers on the bottom of it.
--The room has an older television with basic cable channels, I believe there was also some paper per view options available.
--We had a single table/desk with one chair, a single nightstand, and a dresser in the room for furniture. The walls were also bare except for one picture above the bed, but I think that would be good for an extended guest who may need to use the walls to tape up pictures, papers, ETC
--We also saw coin washer and dryer units down with the ice and vending machines, so you can do laundry.
--Yes, trains do go by every half hour or so, however, that is in no way, shape, or form the hotel's fault (in fact, you can hear the trains from all of the hotels in the area). My husband, who is an extremely light sleeper, had absolutely no issues sleeping through the trains.
--The gentlemen at the front desk in the morning when we checked out was very polite and funny. The young lady who had checked us in the night before seemed a little bored and underwhelmed (but maybe this was because she was working on New Year's Eve).
--You set up your house keeping needs (there's cards in the room explaining everything).
--It put us at only a 10 minute drive from where our party was on Broadway and only a 15 min-ish drive from the Tucson Mall, which was very nice.

Overall, it's a nice hotel. Nothing fancy, but very straightforward and well priced.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Crossland Tucson - Butterfield Drive. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Crossland and we did not know what to expect but we had an absolutely great experience! My advice for the ones who are expecting a "full service hotel experience" is go somewhere else where the hotel is classified as a full service hotel. This is what you get: a room with a kitchenette and utensils (pots, pans) It is a studio. They are affiliated with Extended Stay and it works the same. No housekeeping services, you can take your used towels and exchange them for clean ones. In other words, it is like your own studio apartment and clean it. None of the stuff you get at a traditional hotel. I recommend this hotel and we will be using it frequently from now on!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike A
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Tucson - Butterfield Drive. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Quakertown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

So many "NQR (Not Quite Right) Factors that I will not choose them again. Here's the laundry list: our non-smoking room smelled of smoke and had cigarette burns on the bedspread; they gave us a new room but it still smelled funny. Shower in room above us was leaking into our shower causing huge ballon of water under the paint, with drips nad eyesore. Trash and beer cans were strewn about the grounds. Fridge did not work; they eventually brought a new one 4 hrs later than promised. Missing kitchennete plates, silverware, etc.; we had to forage for enough cooking utensiles to prepare meals. The bright spot was the front desk woman who tried like make things right, however, the poor maintenance and shoddy upkeep were apparently beyond her control. Had this facility been clean and properly maintained, I would have far more favorable comments.

Room Tip: Be prepared for no pool, no ice machine, no restaurant, and train whistles at all hrs of the night.