“Not Bad for the Cost”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #109 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed March 15, 2013

When we arrived we thought that it was so close to the freeway and expected a lot of traffic noise - but it was not too bad. Reception check in was friendly and fast. Our King Bed room was clean as was the bathroom and even though it was dated we encountered no bed bugs. There was no trash around but the tables in the dining room were not wiped after people left. It did not appear that anyone was taking care of the breakfast area.
The fridge in the room froze an orange that was left in it overnight. The carpet lip was coming off the wall under the writing desk area.
It might be a good idea for the hotel to advise how their shower/bath taps work as it was a little different.
At a rate of Fifty One Eighty Six which included tax it was not bad.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stancer
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had flown in from North Carolina for a family reunion. This had to be the worst Clarion we have stayed in. I have pictures of bags on trash stacked up in stairways, the smell of essences reeked in the hallways. Half the lobby had been rented out to show vendors, leaving very little room to move around or enjoy breakfast with family; parking ended up being in a muddy field behind the hotel.
After taking a fall in a pothole in front of the hotel (again I have pictures and witnesses), the hotel's only response was "I'm sorry". They did not ask if I needed a Band-Aid, or was hurt in any way. Their lack of concern for their customers was apparent. We were not looking for a free room or monetary compensation, just concern for their customers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Disappointed213
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Got bed bugs. No refund. Had a bunch of bites and a picture of bugs to show them and still called me a lair. Never sleep there! It's sucks and sinks!!!!!! Old carpet. Thin walls. Dirty. Old. I have nothing good to say about this place. Rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Aja23
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

The room we stayed with 2 beds had a good size. The carpet was not really clean. Housekeeping did not put more toilet paper in our room so we have to go ask for more. The worst thing in the room was the Tv. Big Tv and old type with no clear picture at all. The ice machine on 1st floor was not working so we had to go to 2nd floor to get ice. Office service and check in was very good. Quick check in and check out. Good thing about the rooms that every one has a balcony and the rooms facing the parking lot do face your vehicle. Cored maker inside the rooms is not good at all. Makes lousy coffee. Overall is a good hotel with excellent location.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank jromo6
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at the Clarion Inn near Downtown Tucson while visiting our son. We prebooked on the internet and were dismayed to pull into a seedy place just at the foot of the interstate highway. The first "non smoking room" was filled with smoke. We asked for a change The second room had a burned out hairdryer, and trails of blood on the toilet tank. The breakfast room was like a cattle call with mobs of people standing in line and I cracked a tooth on debris in the raisin bran. We checked out a day early, leaving our kids and heading home. The stay will cost me over $1000 as I have to put a crown on the broken tooth. Ugh!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Michele O
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I can't really knock the place, I don't have anything extremely negative to say, except that this particular Clarion seems to have seen better years. The night shift lady was VERY friendly, and she even made it a point to tell me not to use the pool as it is not well maintained. This is something that should be addressed, as it looked VERY dirty, enough so to make me not even open the door to it. The hallways were musty, as has been described in previous reviews, but that's understandable in an older hotel such as this. As for the room, no complaints. The bed slept absolutely fine, the room had no odor to it, the only thing I'd say is maybe remodel a bit and you'd be on track! All in all, when you pay the rate you do at this hotel you can't complain about the little things, it worked for what the room was intended for - sleep.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank sixstringsent
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed here two nights while visiting the University of Arizona. I guess you get what you pay for. The halls in the hotel had NO air conditioning and were extremely hot and they also had a musty smell that they tried to cover up with some type of freshener. The spa and pool looked dirty (I would not have gone in them). There were holes in the wall in the room with crappy patch jobs. When I first walked into my room it was hot as heck and had the same smell as the hallways. The surrounding area is not too nice (was kind of afraid to go to the parking lot at night). The side door would not open up with my key (I had to drive around to the front desk and ask them to fix it, which she re-programmed my keys and it still didn't work). The water in the shower would switch from hot to cold and you couldn't control it. This hotel just seems very run down. The ONLY plus about my stay was the bed was pretty comfortable. I would definitely NOT stay here again. The Super 8 next door even looked nicer than this!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family