“awesome”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport
Ranked #21 of 128 Hotels in Tucson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Mint Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed for one night. We got a great rate at a last minute booking website... I spent the extra $7 for a room with refrigerator and microwave, which turned out to be on the top floor. This was lucky, as I imagine on the lower floors the noise would have been a problem. The airport is practically next door, but was not too loud unless the A/C was off, which didn't happen much in the heat. The room was well appointed. The bathtub was grimy in a way that won't come clean, but not dirty. The common areas were dingy, the carpet was wrinkled and in need of stretching. The breakfast was limited. I wouldn't even drink the coffee. We went to the Burger King down the street for breakfast. Not a lot of options for food nearby, unless I just didn't know where to drive. The pool was shallow and not particularly clean. I don't think I would stay again unless it was all I could afford.

Room Tip: Top floor to reduce overhead noise
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
El Paso
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Loved this little gem. First the bad: airplane noise, cover your shades with spare pillows
to get a good night sleep, I wish breakfast had a little bit more to offer (but it was good),
orange juice tasted too watered down for my taste, and lacks in-house restaurant and bar. Now for the good: big room that I liked (it was lit enough for my taste), I appreciated the huge desk to layout my books and laptop, LCD tv with hdmi inputs and great picture (I was watching a seminar on my blu ray player (that I had brought along on this trip) through my HDMI cord on tv while watching and doing my exercise routine on my laptop, bathroom was awesome, breakfast was decent, easy in and out near airport (in case you have a flight out), pleasant exterior appearance to the hotel, I got this for a great price, lots of pillows, very comfortable bed, coffee maker,
micro, fridge, room was quiet not paper thin walls. Was very pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: Since rooms are nice, just make sure all your bathroom things work, it may be important for you to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This pet friendly hotel was very clean, professional and quiet close to airport. We stayed based on previous reviews, but it wasnt exactly what we were looking for in terms of easy on/off freeway access. It was still a nice stay in a clean odor free pet room. Would recommend to friends.

• Stayed June 2013
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota, Usa
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I would (fer sure) stay here again. except for proximity to an ice machine, this place was wonderfully quiet. I did prosper living on their breakfast, short time, but it was not great.
bed was comfortable, nice pool, really an "OK" place for the price. Smoking rooms, which are becoming scarce.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family