“Filthy carpets in the elevators, wear your boots!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport
Ranked #20 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Bisbee, Arizona, USA
“Filthy carpets in the elevators, wear your boots!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Great hotel, until you get into the elevators, I reported these dirty, stained and smelly carpets and walls over a year ago, and that I had accidently spilled my coffee on the carpet. The coffee stains are still there, although hard to see thru the dirt and grime. Seems management does not do many inspections here. A good value but..., use the stairs, they are cleaner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Savannah, GA
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Absolutely the best La Quinta we stayed on our recent vacation. beautiful lobby with giant flat screen to watch football. Lots of restaurants near by. Great price and dog friendly too. the streets can be busy so care when walking the dogs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Depending on what you want in a hotel, the La Quinta Airport should do nicely. I wanted a nice, clean room, a quiet location, a good breakfast, friendly staff, easy access, affortable rate, and that's exactly what I got. If I come back to Tucson will stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Queen Creek, Arizona
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I've stayed in the Tucson airport hotel area before and this time we stayed at the La Quinta Inn and Suites in the area. The price was the best and it was a very good place to stay. They have a beautiful front lobby when you enter, where there is a sitting area and also the breakfast area is right there.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room where we stayed was in the front, facing the airport. It was a bit noisy when the planes were coming and going, but it wasn't disruptive to getting a good night's sleep.

The hotel is a bit older and it would be nice if they could replace the carpeting in the main hallways because the old carpet is stretched out - so just be careful when you're walking or pushing a luggage cart. The rooms are in very good condition and we were very comfortable.

We would stay there again when we're in Tucson because it's a good value for the price.

Room Tip: If you ask for a room that does not face the airport, it should cut down on the noise factor; but we...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Roseville, California
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The employee that checked me in didn't crack a smile and was very impersonal. The General Manager took my luggage from my car and delivered it to my room:). My son and his family and myself (5 of us) were stuck in the elevator for about 10 min. Tried to use the emergency phone that didn't work enough to talk to anyone. The front desk heard us but never sent anyone to the elevator. We had to call 911. The elevator finally opened on it's own. Sand was on the carpet from my grandaughters shoes that was not vacuumed when the room was cleaned, the toilet seat was broken and the tub was filthy with stains. I wasn't offered any compensation for any of it. Just a "I'm sorry".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family