“Wonderful choice!”

Ranked #22 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Nashville, Tennessee
“Wonderful choice!”
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I stayed here because of the good reviews and proximity to the airport. We really only wanted one night near the airport, but I just didn't want to change hotels, so we stayed here all three days. I wasn't disappointed! I couldn't walk anywhere, but it didn't bother me. We were close to San Xavier Mission, which we loved, and we drove into the city quickly. Lena at the front desk was great and treated us like family. The breakfast was just fine, all I needed (good coffee). The pool was lovely and clean. The hot tub was just right. Really, the pool was the best part, and we looked forward to it each day. I never heard the planes. I think the room in the back helped. Beds were comfy. Loved it! THe price was right too.

Room Tip: Stay in the back, on the 2nd or 3rd floor, to mufd
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Appleton, WI
Reviewed April 2, 2011

This La Quinta is literally steps from the airport and very convenient for that purpose. We had an AARP rate in the $70's for a great updated comfortable room with all the amenities. The breakfast was very good with hard boiled eggs, waffles, etc. and the best raisin bran flakes we've ever had. The coffee was very good too, not too weak and not too strong. We enjoyed eating outside in the nice courtyard by the pool. The staff were all very helpful and efficient. There is a free shuttle to the airport. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for AARP or AAA rates.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2011

After our stay at a La Quinta in Texas I was skeptical but this one was way better. The rooms were super clean beds were nicer and breakfast was awesome! The staff were very helpful, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank badmexican
Monterey, California
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I reserved this hotel because of it's location and price. Upon arrival, I was actually surprised at how the hotel's lobby look like - with a running fountain. It just felt clean. When I got to my room I was, again, surprised to see how clean and welcoming it was. Prior to arrival I have been having difficulty sleeping and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to sleep at the hotel. But to my surprise the bed is actually comfortable! I slept like a baby...for TWO nights! Long gone are my insomnia (knock on wood).

PROS:
* Comfortable Bed
* Clean Room
* Fast/free Internet Connection
* Working Thermostat and AC
* Premium Channels Available for free (HBO)
* Free Parking. I had a huge moving truck and was able to park it in the back with no problems.
* Value

CONS:
* Cleaning lady I met in the hallway was not friendly - didn't say hi and continued chewing her gum. But her behavior was compensated by the fact she does a good job cleaning my room (if it is in fact her).
* Airplane noise. However, it seem to stop by the time you go to bed. Plus, you'll bound to hear the noise since the hotel is located near the airport. Just close the window and turn on the fan and the noise is muted.
* No lotion in the room. I had to ask for one from the front desk who gladly provided me with one.
* No extra blanket in closet.
* No microwave/fridge in room.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank TRTW
Berlin
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Unfortunately (!) we were only there one night on a stopover from Tombstone, AZ to Scottsdale, AZ. Beautiful rooms, nice pool, good breakfast.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed January 25, 2011

My room was only $68 (including tax), which I thought was an incredible value. I had a great check-in experience, with fast and friendly service. When I entered the rear door to get to the elevator, I immediately smelled a smoky odor. Luckily, the 4th floor appeared to be a smoke-free floor, because I didn't smell any smoke whatsoever, either in the hallway or in my room.

This is a pet-friendly hotel and I saw a couple dogs outside with their owner. I didn't hear any barking dogs, however. This hotel is very close to the Tucson Airport but I didn't notice any airplane noise after 10:30 pm. When I got down to the breakfast buffet at 8:45 am, they were already out of muffins and donuts. There were plenty of bagels, waffle batter (make-your own-waffles), bread for toasting, yogurt, cereal, coffee, and juices available, however.

The internet service was frightfully slow. The AC/Heating unit was very loud and rattled (I wore earplugs). Also, I didn't receive a USA Today newspaper by my door. Those were pretty minor issues, however, and I would definitely stay at this La Quinta location again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank brezi
Flushing, Michigan
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Nice clean hotel, the room was large and spacious. The room was cleaned every day and so was the bathroom. My only compliant was the location of our room, it was next to an exit door that when people left in the morning it woke me up. There was also a very loud fan near our room that turned on and off all the time. It did not bother my husband but it did bother my sleeping. If you want to sleep past 7am you will be awakened to airforce jets. I think we would stay there again, but I am on the fence. Also the neighborhood wasn't the best.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple