Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Arizona Inn(Tucson)
View Hotel
All reviewswindmill innfarmers markettrader joe's across the streetliving roomsmall kitchenhotel is locatedrestaurants and shopswould definitely stay here againfull kitchensocial hourhome away from homecontinental breakfastfront desk staffgreat place to stayshort drivecoffee makerphillips
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Great location, large, comfortable suites. Staff was very helpful in moving us to a new room that was not handicapped access. Decent continental breakfast. Close to variety of restaurants and river walk.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
WindmillSuites-GM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear MTC1955,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at the Windmill Inn. We are delighted you had an enjoyable experience. We appreciate your feedback and hope that on your tavels to Tucson you will return to our hotel.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Walk to the paved, laned, Riverwalk (sans water during our visit) restaurants, and shops. Great views in the Catalina Foothills. The Windmill is impeccably clean with spacious suites. The room was comfortable in temp, amenities offered & bedding. There are a few buildings, many rooms, and some rooms allocated for travelers with pets. Sparkling spa & pool. Ample parking. Service outstanding. Minus one star b/c of (1) dated colors, fabrics, fixtures & appliances, (2) a bit of a chore to get here from the highway, and (3) really cheap TP.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Twogreynomads

Dear twogreynomads,

Thank you for taking time to comment about your stay at the Windmill Inn. We are delighted you had a wonderful experience during your stay. The riverwalk is very popular with the guests who stay with us and the plaza in which we are located allows our guests to have a well rounded experience. We look forward to your return to Tucson.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I could tell from the photos that the hotel was dated. I don't know how they are able to find enough working, old-school CRT TVs to furnish every suite! That said, if you're not a TV fan, you might be very happy here. Although the hallways are dated, with VERY low ceilings, the rooms have higher ceilings that don't feel claustrophobic. The rooms are actually suites, and they are HUGE. The living room has a couch and coffee table and desk, there's a kitchen area (just a microwave, mini-fridge and coffeemaker with tiny sink--no dishes, utensils, etc.) and a large bathroom with two small sinks--one inside the bathroom and one between the bathroom and the bedroom. The bedroom is large, the bed was comfy, the windows were large. All in all, very, very comfortable. The heating/cooling unit had a fan that could be set to run constantly. Between the fan and the fact that I could close off the bedroom from the bathroom and living room, I never heard a thing from the hallways while I was trying to sleep. Nothing is more important to me than a good night's sleep, and even though this hotel was full, I got that every night of my three-night stay. I also loved the neighborhood: restaurants right there, a Trader Joe's very close, and fairly easy access to the UA campus. The hotel offers a free, hot breakfast and you can even ask to have them deliver a pared-down version to your room. I didn't take advantage of any of that, but it smelled good. A few other things that the hotel should update besides the TVs: 1) get hangers that don't fall apart the moment anyone tries to hang anything on them. 2) get larger wastepaper basket liner bags. The ones in the garbage cans were so tiny that if you dropped any garbage into them they'd immediately fall down into the bottom of the can in a heap. I spent more time picking garbage liners up off the bottom of the garbage cans and picking my fallen clothes off the closet floor than I did sleeping. Also note that the tub, while huge, is plastic. Everything was very clean, although if you sit down on the tub, you can observe a very small amount of mold on the underside of the horizontal surfaces in the plastic tub. Aside from these minor inconveniences, I had a wonderful, peaceful stay. My suite felt like home. I had a nice view to the pool area, which appeared to be deserted most of the time. Finally, the front desk staff were all very friendly. I have to travel to Tucson often on business, and will plan to stay here again, not only for the comfortable and peaceful room, but also for the friendly staff and the great pricing.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank conferencetrip31
WindmillSuites-GM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear conferencetrip 31

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you had so many positive thing to say about your stay. We will be sure to relay your comments to each of the proper departments within the hotel. We look foward to your return.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I used to stay at a different hotel for the gem shows, and found this to be much better in so may ways! I traveled solo, and found the neighborhood to be great! Loved that I could walk to dinner. The suite was immaculate! The decor is a little dated, but the bed super comfy! I felt like I was going home at the end of each day! Free breakfast, free wifi, excellent value!

Room Tip: I was in the main building, but it does not matter
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank jennifer160795
WindmillSuites-GM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Thank you Jennifer for taking time to write a review. We genuinely appreciate all of the comments you made about our hotel. We are located with in the St. Philip's plaza which allows our guest to enjoy activities just minutes from the hotel. We are delighted to here you 'felt like I was going home at the end of each day'. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Clean comfortable room. Hotel was well kept. We spent 2 nights here and were well pleased. The man who checked us in on Jan 27 was not overly friendly and seemed to be a little unorganized. We would stay here again if we are in the area. Road construction made it a little hard to get into and it is located in an odd place in a plaza but once you figure it out it is ok.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Bobbie J

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you were pleased with your room. We look forward to your return.