Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Arizona Inn(Tucson)
View Hotel
All reviewswindmill innfarmers markettrader joe's across the streetliving roomsmall kitchenhotel is locatedrestaurants and shopswould definitely stay here againfull kitchensocial hourhome away from homecontinental breakfastfront desk staffgreat place to stayshort drivecoffee makerphillips
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My suite was spacious and I loved the big bathroom. Although I was traveling alone this time, I really liked having the separate rooms. This would be even more important traveling with my family. Service was wonderful and totally non-intrusive. Checkin and checkout were both fast and easy. I will definitely be returning!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sandy_S059
WIAQuality, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

“Friendly, helpful, relaxing atmosphere”

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at our Tucson location! Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

We appreciate your comments regarding the spaciousness and design of our suite.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My family and I just stayed in this hotel, and we had a great experience. It's in a convenient location, and the price is very competitive -- you can't fairly compare this place with a 5-star ranch resort.

The rooms are all suites with separate living room and bedroom, a bathroom, and a tiny kitchenette with microwave and mini-fridge. There are three sinks -- one in the bathroom, one outside the bathroom, and one in the kitchenette. The two double beds are modest-sized, but they were clean and comfortable. Overall, the suite felt pretty big even with 2 adults and 2 kids sharing it. We had no problems with the cooling system, noise, or maintenance.

The staff is extremely friendly and laid-back here (in a good way), and the cleaning service was great. They had a nice outdoor pool and hot tub, which we used. Free breakfast every day went beyond continental with hot food and a waffle maker. You could also get free coffee, apples, and cookies throughout the day. Parking was a breeze, but then again, this was Tucson.

All in all, I can highly recommend staying here. Sure, there are also some great vacation rentals in the area, but if you are going the hotel route, give this place serious consideration.

Room Tip: Not sure a pool-side view is worth the extra money; skip it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank taub47
WIAQuality, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

“Incredible Value”

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you for your detailed positive review of our Tucson property! Our team members will be recognized for their friendly service!

Thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of our suite. We are pleased you enjoyed the spaciousness of our suite, our breakfast buffet, pool and spa and the additional amenities we have to offer.

Thank you for recommending us! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed for 6 nights to attend a family celebration. Local family, including young children, often visited me at the hotel, both in my suite and in the lobby, Every time I looked toward the reception desk to see if they minded, all I ever saw was staff with a smile. In fact, all the staff from front desk, to housekeepers, to breakfast staff, always greeted guests with a smile. My suite was clean and the bed comfortable. Trader Joe's location across the road made stocking my mini fridge a breeze - especially since I didn't have my own transportation. My only request is that the elevator door be painted a contrasting color to ease identification.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the ice machine which is a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank aunt-efl

“Always a smile”

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Your review is most appreciated! Our team members will be recognized for their hospitality!

Thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of our suite. We are pleased you enjoyed our comfortable bed and the location of our property.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed for 7 nights in this quiet, clean, comfortable hotel conveniently located in St Philip's Plaza at Campbell and River. Staff were friendly, helpful and caring. We loved the pool and being able to borrow books. Breakfast was cheerfully served and started the day well. Good value. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Laura R
WIAQuality, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

“Great way to return to Tucson!”

Dear Ms. Laura R.,

Thank you for your positive review of our Tucson location! Our team members will be recognized for their friendly customer service!

We appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness, quietness and comfort of our suite. We are pleased to know you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, pool and the location of our property.

Thank you for recommending us! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I Stayed there five nights in August for a convention. The location was great for shopping and for taking walks on trails. There is a sprouts,trader joes and lots of places to eat. I love having a kitchen and lots of space in room. The staff was awesome.....shout out to crystal Sara Emma Victoria Amanda and Pam. I will be back next year for sure.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank minniegutai
WIAQuality, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Tucson/St. Philip's Plaza University, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

“Great staff and location”

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Your review is most appreciated! Crystal, Sara, Emma, Victoria and Pam will be recognized for their hospitality!

Thank you for your comments regarding the spaciousness of our suite. We are pleased you enjoyed the location of our property.

Thank you for recommending us! We appreciate your patronage!