“This is the only hotel to stay i when visiting Tuscon!”

Radisson Suites Tucson
Ranked #24 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed May 9, 2009

The rooms are all suites which is helpful when traveling wiwth others. They are always clean (I stay here often) and the pool is great if you have the time. The resturant staff is the best and they have an afternoon special that includes food as well as drinks. There is a lot of shopping within walking distance and the staff is UNBEATABLE! Thsi is my first and only choice when staying in Tuscon.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
rstucson, Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2009

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!

We are so happy that you enjoyed this stay as much as your other stays. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to the Radisson Suites Tucson, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,229)

Reviewed April 19, 2009

The staff member was rude at check-in. I had requested 2 double beds for 2 adults and 2 children. He would not accomodate us. Instead we had to take a room with 1 King bed and an old pull out couch with a sagging mattress. The King bed was a Sleep Number bed which terribly uncomfortable. My husband who does not have back problems had back pain after sleeping in the bed for 3 nights. I do have back problems and I had to take Advil every night just to get to sleep.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
rstucson, Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2009

We are so sorry we were not able to meet your expectations.
We do our best to fulfill specific room and bed type requests. The Sleep Number beds allow guests to adjust the beds to their exact preference from super soft to extra firm. We are so sorry you did not enjoy them.
We have recently replaced several of the sofa sleepers in the rooms, and will be further replacing the vast majority of them this summer.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Reviewed February 24, 2009

After reading the great reviews we chose this hotel for our stay inTucson. We had three rooms all with double beds. Front desk staff was perfect. They let us check in early and gave us plenty of coupons for the buffet. My parents who are in their eightys loved this hotel. My family didn't. The rooms were large but very out dated They had orange walls, smelled old, the carpet was old and worn.We had to ask for remotes for both tvs and some light bulbs were bunt out. They explained that only the King size bedrooms had been remodeled. The food on the buffet was cold and greasy but had lots of choices of breads and fruit which were good. The front desk was very nice when our group decided to leave early and go to a diferent hotel. Not a bad hotel, just not what we were expecting.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
rstucson, Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2009

We certainly apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. We normally receive good reviews regarding the condition and size of our suites, and the quality and variety of our breakfast buffet. Please know that we are continuously updating our facility.

We are happy to hear of your positive experience with our front desk staff, and of your parents' overall positive experience. Thank you so much for taking the time to review.

Reviewed January 23, 2009

We are merely seconding the majority of reviews on your site.

We stayed at the Radisson Suites for 3 nights in early January. The staff were all very helpful. I believe all of the units are identical: one bedroom suites. The living room was not huge but it was there was plenty of room for my wife and I. The little kitchenette are had a microwave and a mini fridge. There was a small balcony with a couple of chairs overlooking a golf course and a scenic view of the mountains.

The grounds are very attractive with lush foliage all over. We did not eat at the breakfast buffet, but we did eat dinner and watch the NFL playoffs in the bar. They were still serving food when we left around 9;30 PM. The closing hour probably depends on the traffic. We were quite satisfied with our meals (sandwiches & salads; moderately priced). There are restaurants and lounges along Speedway, but nothing within walking distance.

The hotel was not very crowded during our stay. I doubt they were over 50% occupied. There were only 6 or 8 people in the restaurant/bar at night.. They missed maid service on our room one day. I called down and they brought up some clean towels right away.

The location is east of downtown Tucson about 6-7 miles (20 minutes). Not a bad location. Tucson is spread out, so it would help to know where in Tucson you would prefer to stay.

• Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank C H
Reviewed January 21, 2009

I went to Tucson with my wife and 8 year old daughter. After hours and hours online looking for a great place to stay and something affordable we found this place. It met every expectation we had and we could not be more satisified. The hotel, rooms and grounds were beautiful. There are citrus trees everywhere onsite along with places to sit, relax and enjoy the scenery or read a book. The heated pool/jacuzzi area was just amazing and it also included outdoor heaters and fireplaces if unwinding in water wasn't your thing. The staff, free onsite parking, security and housekeeping met our every request without a single problem. I was impressed to see that security constantly monitored the parking lot and checked on the vehicles all night long. They offer a great happy hour on drinks at the onsite restaurant if drinking is your thing. The rooms are very spacious and ours had a furnished balcony that overlooked a golf course nearby and had an awesome view of the mountain range. Our next trip will definately be at this location. It's located in a very nice neighborhood with many restaurants just blocks away. We couldn't ask for a better place to stay for a family outing.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank JdoubleU33

Thank you so much for sharing your recent positive experience. We're so glad that you enjoyed the hotel's amenities and had a wonderful stay.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed January 2, 2009

Very good hotel in Tucson. After reading all reviews of several hotel in Tucson I chose Radisson suites and I definitely made the best choice. I booked the room through Hotwire but they gave me a room with mountain view. The room was actually a suite, with a living room with kitchenette, a bedroom, a vanity area, and a big bathroom with tub and shower. The suite was clean and very comfortable. I had a great stay at a cheap rate.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Hiris
Reviewed December 29, 2008

Starting with after we checked in and went to our room to find the heater not working and it was about 40 degrees outside. After a good hour of the room not heating up, I called the front desk. Of course there were two options, they could bring more blankets or we could change rooms. At 12:30 am, I decided on the blankets. The employee was so sorry and I didn't blame her for the problem. She gave us 2 complimentary tickets to the breakfast buffet for our troubles.

The buffet was sooooo crowded, but the staff worked hard to get everyone seated. The main problem here was that the buffet was not even kept stocked with food. There really were only breads, last of a fruit tray, milk/cereal, sausage and last of some eggs. Mind you, this was the whole time I was in line, and there were more people in line behind me. They weren't replenishing the eggs, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, bacon, french toast/pancakes, etc. There was nothing of substance on the the buffet and they weren't replenishing! It was unbelievable! Add to that the price of the buffet was $12.50. Luckily, we had comp tickets because there was no way I was paying full price for that. In fact without even complaining, the hostess was walking around apologizing to everyone (just like the employee the night before at our room door,) because she knew it was substandard.....but never offering a discount to anyone.

That afternoon, the outdoor gas heaters didn't work after two different maintenance workers tried to get them working. Later we ordered brownie a la mode and the ice cream they gave us was Ice milk.! Who wants ice milk ice cream on a brownie?

Last straw was that evening I called the front desk for 7:00 am wakeup call, and received a call the next morning at 6:00am (can't even get that right.) Additionally, the room booklet that gives details on the hotel says the fitness room is open at 5:00am and when my husband went before 6:00 am, the door was locked.

We won't stay here again. The staff were all so nice, but it seems like the hotel doesn't really care about the quality of the guest experience and is just trying to get by with offering the minimal.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family