“"A WONDERFUL place to stay"”

Radisson Suites Tucson
Ranked #29 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Santee, CA
“"A WONDERFUL place to stay"”
Reviewed January 21, 2009

I went to Tucson with my wife and 8 year old daughter. After hours and hours online looking for a great place to stay and something affordable we found this place. It met every expectation we had and we could not be more satisified. The hotel, rooms and grounds were beautiful. There are citrus trees everywhere onsite along with places to sit, relax and enjoy the scenery or read a book. The heated pool/jacuzzi area was just amazing and it also included outdoor heaters and fireplaces if unwinding in water wasn't your thing. The staff, free onsite parking, security and housekeeping met our every request without a single problem. I was impressed to see that security constantly monitored the parking lot and checked on the vehicles all night long. They offer a great happy hour on drinks at the onsite restaurant if drinking is your thing. The rooms are very spacious and ours had a furnished balcony that overlooked a golf course nearby and had an awesome view of the mountain range. Our next trip will definately be at this location. It's located in a very nice neighborhood with many restaurants just blocks away. We couldn't ask for a better place to stay for a family outing.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank JdoubleU33
rstucson, Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, April 14, 2009
Thank you so much for sharing your recent positive experience. We're so glad that you enjoyed the hotel's amenities and had a wonderful stay.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
California
Reviewed January 2, 2009

Very good hotel in Tucson. After reading all reviews of several hotel in Tucson I chose Radisson suites and I definitely made the best choice. I booked the room through Hotwire but they gave me a room with mountain view. The room was actually a suite, with a living room with kitchenette, a bedroom, a vanity area, and a big bathroom with tub and shower. The suite was clean and very comfortable. I had a great stay at a cheap rate.

• Liked — big rooms and very clean
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hiris
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed December 29, 2008

Starting with after we checked in and went to our room to find the heater not working and it was about 40 degrees outside. After a good hour of the room not heating up, I called the front desk. Of course there were two options, they could bring more blankets or we could change rooms. At 12:30 am, I decided on the blankets. The employee was so sorry and I didn't blame her for the problem. She gave us 2 complimentary tickets to the breakfast buffet for our troubles.

The buffet was sooooo crowded, but the staff worked hard to get everyone seated. The main problem here was that the buffet was not even kept stocked with food. There really were only breads, last of a fruit tray, milk/cereal, sausage and last of some eggs. Mind you, this was the whole time I was in line, and there were more people in line behind me. They weren't replenishing the eggs, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, bacon, french toast/pancakes, etc. There was nothing of substance on the the buffet and they weren't replenishing! It was unbelievable! Add to that the price of the buffet was $12.50. Luckily, we had comp tickets because there was no way I was paying full price for that. In fact without even complaining, the hostess was walking around apologizing to everyone (just like the employee the night before at our room door,) because she knew it was substandard.....but never offering a discount to anyone.

That afternoon, the outdoor gas heaters didn't work after two different maintenance workers tried to get them working. Later we ordered brownie a la mode and the ice cream they gave us was Ice milk.! Who wants ice milk ice cream on a brownie?

Last straw was that evening I called the front desk for 7:00 am wakeup call, and received a call the next morning at 6:00am (can't even get that right.) Additionally, the room booklet that gives details on the hotel says the fitness room is open at 5:00am and when my husband went before 6:00 am, the door was locked.

We won't stay here again. The staff were all so nice, but it seems like the hotel doesn't really care about the quality of the guest experience and is just trying to get by with offering the minimal.

• Liked — The suite layout
  • Disliked — Medicore attitude about quality by staff, most likely transferred from Management.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Canada
Reviewed December 24, 2008

I first stayed here December of 2005 and loved it. I am at the same place as I write this in late December of 2008. This is a great place to stay with everything you may need close by. If it's dining you want outside the hotel, head down Speedway or Wilmot and you will have plenty of options. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when in Tucson.

• Liked — The suites are comfortable. Like a home away from home.
  • Disliked — Internet in my suite was spotty for the first two days but then the problem was solved
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2008

I went to this hotel to visit my boyfriend who is in the Army and stationed in Arizona. I am from Florida and searched for a long time to find a great hotel online. Once I saw their website and read more about I knew it was the place I wanted to stay. The hotel was beautiful, the front desk service was extremely helpful, and the room service was amazing. I would highly recommend someone to this hotel. I had a great experience and next time I go to Arizona I will definitely be staying at this hotel. I got a good deal and was well worth the price. I don't think there is one bad thing I can say about this place. :)

• Liked — Comfortable and clean room
  • Disliked — Distance from airport
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Arizona
Reviewed December 1, 2008

We stayed at the Radisson for a family event and had a very enjoyable and peaceful stay. The hotel grounds are beautiful and relaxing. The banquet facilities were nice and the food was fabulous. The suites are not the largest but are very comfortable.
Nice location. Would definitely recommend to anyone seeking a quality hotel at a reasonable price.

• Liked — The hotel grounds are beautiful.
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Vermont
Reviewed October 24, 2008

I came here for a conference that was held on-site.

The pool & interior courtyard are indeed beautiful.

BUT............ be prepared to pay for an airport shuttle (to a tune of $40 each way through an outside company) and for the very, very medicore breakfast buffet.

The room was extremely dated & dingy. Not horrific, but definitely not upscale. Toilet paper & tissues were industrial i.e. not comfy at all, in fact the public school where I work has higher quality. Towels the same. It was nice to have a "suite" rather than a single hotel room.

"Business center" - all of 2 computers in a closet-sized room, and 3 that are on the wall in a hallway (which you are not likely to find) which is not a lot considering it is a conference center with hundreds of rooms. And when you do get to use one, they are slower than dial-up

Most frustrating was missing out on the one afternoon I had to take advantage of traveling 12 hours to get here. They were very happy to arrange a rental car for me, which NEVER ARRIVED. All I got was a "we tried."

While I had considered bringing my family here for a vacation, that idea is history and I can't wait to get home.

• Liked — Courtyard & pool area were lovely
  • Disliked — Dingy/dated rooms, Food, pleasant but unhelpful staff
  • Stayed October 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
rstucson, General Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, October 30, 2008
Thank you so much for your recent review of the Radisson Suites Tucson.

We were disappointed that we did not meet your expectations during your stay, but would like to comment on a few of the items noted.

Like the majority of Tucson hotels, we do not provide a hotel-sponsored airport shuttle, but are more than happy to assist our guests in arranging appropriate transportation. Since so many of our visitors to Tucson drive in rather than fly, we avoid increasing the costs to have an airport shuttle since so many guests do drive in.

We do have a daily breakfast buffet that is available at a nominal cost, or may be included directly into the room rate. Our breakfast buffet has a selection of hot items, including scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, as well as a large variety of fresh fruits, breads and cold cereals.

The Radisson Suites Tucson prides itself on the comfort of our guests. We are continuously updating our guest suites to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests.

We do have a complimentary Business Center complete with 2 computer stations, 2 printers and a fax machine. In addition, there are 3 complimentary computer kiosks outside of our Ballroom and Restaurant for those conference attendees wishing to catch up on their e-mail during breaks. Since the majority of guests now carry laptops when they travel, our Business Center computers are rarely in use at once. We do provide complimentary wireless Internet access throughout our hotel so that guests may use their laptops at any place in the hotel. In addition, we do have an E-Café in our coffee shop, and have loaner laptops available for guests to use at no charge.

We regret the unfortunate experience that occurred with the rental car agency. We do try to work with 3rd parties to enhance our guests’ experience while they are visiting. Unfortunately, despite best efforts being made on the part of the hotel staff, the rental agency failed to show after several calls being placed. This experience has made the hotel re-evaluate future business with the specific rental agency.

The Radisson Suites Tucson was the proud recipient of the 2007 Radisson President’s Award, which acknowledges hotels who demonstrate exceptional guest satisfaction and superior service. We pride ourselves on this achievement and regret that we were not able to deliver to your satisfaction.