“Don't do it” 1 of 5 bubbles

Radisson Suites Tucson
Ranked #37 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
“Don't do it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I am shocked at the outstanding reviews of the hotel because the room was disgusting. The furnishings were old and dirty, there was no microwave as noted in a different review, the carpet was worn, the sleepnumber bed didn't adjust. In fact, it should be called a sleepfloor bed because it was hard as a rock. Overall, a horrible experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Trentandkate
MSQHR, Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your recent visit to our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel, our service, and cleanliness of our facility and assure you we strive to exceed the expectations of all our guests. I would like the opportunity to further discuss your stay and make it right. We hope you will consider staying with us again and allow us to display our beautiful hotel and exceptional customer service.

Daniel Romero
520-239-143

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Mesquite, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed here in September for the Order of Indian Wars conference. I cannot say enough about this hotel. Some of the furnishings were a little older, but MAN! The entire staff, from the folks in the restaurant to the fellow cleaning the pool to the Front Desk staff to the housekeeping staff were OUTSTANDING. These people treated us like they were happy to see us and pleased to be of service. Every day, all the time. There were lots of little amenities as well: the pool is large & has an interesting shape. It also has a chair for the handicapped to enter the water with. There is morning coffee for those "running fo a plane", and flavored icy water for the hot afternoons. The breakfast buffet was perfect & had plenty of choices for even the most picky eater. Our banquet had 3 meat choices and pasta salad to die for! Beds were comfy and we had room 559 which had a nice sized sitting area and a splendid view. The view was excellent on all sides of the property, really; mountains all around and a lovely little orange grove that could be (and often is) used for weddings. Plenty of places to sit both at the pool and at outside tables. This is the place to go if you're anywhere close. Soda machines & ice machines on every floor. If you are tired of being treated like "just a guest" and want some outstanding customer service, this is the place. If you're a tour leader, you cannot find a better staff to help you with your meeting. Our tour director was ecstatic about the service he received. Stay here: you'll be glad you did!

Room Tip: 559, 560, 558 all good. There are no bad rooms here!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Anaheim, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Room was a spacious suite/room with refrigerator, microwave, modern coffee maker, desk. Two TV's per room. Wifi worked fine which is a plus. Oh and they had Sleep Number adjustable beds! Free parking, no stupid resort fee either. Elevators are there for your convenience. There's also a restaurant/bar on premises which is open late if you need to eat.
Rooms are slightly dated as others mentioned, so you will know that you are not in a brand new, modern room.
So a lot of pluses.
The problem in my room was the housekeeping cleaning. When I arrived there was a small amount of (grape?) jelly on the wall running onto the baseboard. I almost took a photo to post on Tripadvisor, but it wasn't terrible like a dead cockroach or something. There was also a circle of something sticky from the bottom of a small jar on one of the sinks. Perhaps it was cleaned but not sufficiently. Also one day there were hairs on one of the two sinks, and they weren't my hairs.
So it was a good room, but the faulty cleaning made me a little leery about what else wasn't entirely cleaned in the room.

Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

In late September we stayed 5 nights at this hotel attending an assembly. The rooms were good sized. The beds were very comfortable as were the pillows. Food was outstanding. We did the buffet every morning and I never once found any of the food items being overcooked or cold.
The staff was very attentive. TERRIFIC VALUE for the money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Lake Forest, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have stayed at the Radisson for every business trip to Tucson. They treat me very well, very fast check in, clean fresh smelling suites, comfortable beds. Since I travel to Tucson 6 or 7 times a year, I always stay at Radisson, they even had me fill out a profile sheet, to make my reservations even faster.

Room Tip: If you travel for business, tell Radisson which company you are visiting and they may have a discoun...
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great work by Judy Stout and the entire staff. Never had better service in all our years of travel.. You can't find better service anywhere in the United States..The food was more than good it was great and the entire stay was more than expected. Again the real credit should go to Judy Stout who was in charge of our stay.

Room Tip: Enjoy the service, the people are great.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MSQHR, Manager at Radisson Suites Tucson, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel!

I have shared your compliments with Judy, and she was honored that you mentioned her. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize her for a job well done!

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson Suites Tucson we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Tucson area!

All the best,

Daniel Romero
Director of Operations
Radisson Suites Tucson
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We have stayed at Radisson on many visits to Tucson, At this time we had to reserve 5 rooms for a family funeral. I checked in on Sept 17,2013 and gave the front desk agent Diana, who was very helpful, all the names. The following day I went to the front desk to add a name Salvatore Lucarrello, to share a room with N. Racine. Not sure of who the front desk agent was at the time, but when my cousin, Salvatore Lucarrello, checked in they gave him my daughters room. His name was not on that reservation. He was on the reservation with N. Racine.Upon my daughter checking in, they gave her a the room under her name ,We went to room and room was occupied by Sal lucarrello. We had to go back to front desk and pay for additional room. I had reserved queen beds for her, due to small children. Room #112 had the queen beds and my daughters received room #126 with king. I work in the hotel business for MGM Corp. I find it difficult to understand how a person can check into a room without having that name on reservations. He must have showen an ID.I feel the front desk dropped the ball. Also the rooms need to be up dated furnshing very old. Lampshades torn. We also had several small bites., drapery very old and dusty.....Thank You Annette Salaga

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to walking to pool and front desk lobby.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family