“Quick Trip”

Ranked #26 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Quick Trip”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We only stayed 1 nite so I have a quick overview of this property. Check in girl was very rude. I was shocked at her attitude considering we only tried to check in. Our room key did not match our reservation room! But we found our room on our own. First impression was old. Nice and so very clean. Large room, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron and board, bathtub and shower, tho old shower head not hand held, 2 tv's, 1 in bedroom, 1 in day room, balcony with 2 chairs tho ours overlooked the satellite dish, couch and chair, Outside walkways to elevators, pool, icemachines, spa ,ect. Very large place. Location is perfect for all the north tucson tourist places and shopping. Parking was tight. Did not care for our bed sleep number bed, tho the bedding was so clean and perfect. This hotel is older but very well maintained and very clean. Front door greeter is so very nice! Pool and hot tub looked great, Would come back. Great location and clean!

Room Tip: Good Location and Very Clean
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank steveNdor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed at Radisson with extended family for nephews wedding. Suite was nicely sized, room was very quiet, A/C worked like a charm, and bed was very comfy. Wedding event was on the premises, so very convenient for that......but otherwise, it seemed like the Radisson was on the edge of town. 25 mins from airport and downtown Tucson. Staff was very friendly and accommodating, so it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank MarkDonaldson
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed at the Radisson Tucson June 3-6. I was in town doing bird research for a Biology class. I chose the Radisson because of its central location and it appealed to me that they had suites. I was not disappointed. I checked in quickly and I was off to explore my room. I loved it from the moment I stepped foot inside. I had a good view (there were apartments on the west side of the hotel but if you look above that it was great) Also I was very happy with the balcony although the chairs on the balconies are crappy (in my opinion) plastic and very uncomfortable. I was mostly out in the field doing research for the duration of my stay however I did go to the pool once and I was satisfied with it. The staff from the restaurant came over several times asking if I needed anything or if they could get me anything. Also the room service was good. I was a little disappointed at how long it took to come retrieve the trays from outside the door and I dont like the idea of having to leave them on the ground but no harm no foul. I would stay again if I am ever in the area. I would say that if you are looking for a quiet stay go during the start of the week. I hardly heard any noise.

Room Tip: If you do not mind a smoking room get one. They are all on the 5th (topmost) floor and try for a eas...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Becky870
Ithaca, Michigan
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed five days and enjoyed every minute. Our daughter selected the Radisson Suites for her wedding venue. It was out at the Orange Grove, just beautiful, fragant and comfortable. The reception was in the ballroom. Excellent staff and service, a joy to be there. We dined at The Breeze and this too was a compliment to the week. Fresh everything and the poolside service was a bonus! The wedding coordinator, Jana, was a gem and very helpful to my daughter through all the planning.

Room Tip: Fourth or Fifth floor give you a great view of the mountains!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank barbara_richard1954
york pa
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Ryan and Frank at the hotel restaurant are great service professionals. They made our stay a great one.
Ashley & Clay

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I used to stay at this hotel 2-4 days per month for work and it was always descent but never great. However, for the last 9 months the quality and most importantly the cleanliness have plummeted. On one of my last stays there were just too many issues to ignore. (food poisoning, pubic hair on the bathroom floor, carpet obviously not vacuumed from the last customer, loud AC, etc). I brought up the issues to the GM and it was handled to my satisfaction. My next stay,they upgraded my room and it was very pleasant. However, the very next stay my 1 year old son happened to be staying with me and the morning after my stay he found a used condom. (not mine) Needless to say, I told my employer I would never stay at that hotel again.

Even though I had issues with this hotel my colleague continued to stay at the Radisson for business. About 4 weeks ago he woke up around 5 am to find a man in his room stealing all his belongings. I don't know the final outcome but the initial response from the hotel was the offer of 1 free night stay. For some reason the hotel room has doors that don't always close completely and if you don't really pay attention your door will stay slightly ajared. Obviously, someone picked up on this malfunction and started to robbing customers.

I now stay at the Sheraton Hotel down the street and it is better in all regards

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeremy F
USA
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This is a Beautiful hotel!!!
The Staff were very Professional and Courteous!!!

Room Tip: The King suite is the best!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo