New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hampton Inn Tucson-North

Hampton Inn Tucson-North
Ranked #33 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Macon, Georgia
“Average stay but great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

This seems to be an older Hampton and the location right off I-10 behind a convenience store/gas station and next to a closed hotel does not give off a great first impression. However, the staff at the front desk and at breakfast were fantastic. They were energetic and ready to assist with recommendations, needs. We worked late in the lobby two nights and the desk clerk provided us with free bottled water and asked if there was anything else we might need. The room was large, the bed comfortable. The bed was comfortable and the road noise was surprisingly absent. Internet worked fine. I had no problems at this hotel and found the staff to be the very best aspect. Although there is little immediately adjacent to the hotel, it is a short drive to some very good restaurants. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear sometrip,

Thanks for posting your nice review about your recent stay with us. Everyone here enjoys delivering the best in service and accommodations, and I'm glad we exceeded your expectations. I hope we can welcome you back and serve you here again.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Staff were friendly, breakfast was good, but a little too pre- made feel on some of the good. Housekeeping was awesome and friendly. They did a good job keeping my room clean.
Beds were good also.
I plan to stay here again. Conveniently located next to I-10.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Kevin T,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your nice review. Everyone here enjoys working hard to deliver a higher quality guest experience than our competitors, and we really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.

Morganton, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

The room smelled of mold. The AC didn't work so the room stayed hot. I checked out the same day I checked in. The Hotel lobby was the only nice thing about this hotel. I felt unsafe due to signs in the parking lot telling you to lock your car, take your keys and hide your belongings.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Anna L
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Anna L,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I'm sorry you were unhappy with your room and offer my apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and hope you will give us another opportunity to earn your trust on a future visit.

California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel in the past and have never been disappointed. We travel with a cat and there has never been a problem. We truly enjoy the Hot Breakfast. The hotel is clean and quite. The staff is always helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear 4wanderlust,

Thanks for posting your nice review about your many stays with us. We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from around here and we really appreciate your loyalty to us. I'm glad you enjoy yourself here and hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Dallas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

I had a great stay at this Hampton. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. I was traveling with a pet and this hotel is very pet friendly. The room and lobby were very clean. I would stay at this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Julie T,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your great comments. I'm glad you like what and how we do things here, and appreciate your compliments. We look forward to serving you here again.

Canutillo, Tx, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I make frequent trips to visit our son and his wife. We stop in Tucson for the night going and for the night returning. We love this hotel for the quality, quietness, great and friendly staff and good free breakfasts. You can't beat the price. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. It's a pleasure to break up our trip and stay here.

1 Thank Nancy B
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Nancy B,

Thanks for staying with us again and posting another nice review It's really nice that you've made us your go-to hotel in Tucson, and we're pleased to be able to provide you with excellent service and accommodations every time you are here. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are here.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for over 5 weeks after a house fire with my 18 year old daughter and my dog. I found the staff to be consistently cheerful, helpful, and courteous. Additionally, housekeeping took very good care of us - not too much service, and definitely not too little - things were kept VERY clean with very little disruption. I really feel like after 5 weeks I have an idea how a place is really run, and this one is run well, and professionally. I will look at Hampton Inns first from now on from this experience. I note that from other reviews people had issues with the room AC -- we did not - it worked well during June and July! Also, this hotel is labeled "pet friendly" and they deliver on the "friendly" part.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JeniferA928
Dear JeniferA928,

We are so sorry for your loss of home and belongings, and really appreciate that you took the time to write and post your nice review about the time you spent with us. Cherety is a terrific manager and inspires all of us to do our best with every guest every day. Everyone here enjoys delivering the best in service and accommodations and it is our pleasure to become the home away from home for our guests. I hope you will keep in touch with us and that you have an easy transition to your new home.