“Great service!”

Ranked #31 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great service!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I typicallly stay at Hilton Garden Inns rather than Hampton Inns, but I thought I'd give this a shot for my business trip (visiting the Tucson gem and mineral shows). The bad news: Even though I had a room at the end of the hall and near the back of the building, it wasn't quiet. The hotel is close to the 10 freeway, so there was honking and traffic noise that woke me up several times during the night. The good news: The price was better than comparable hotels in the Tucson area, and the service was exceptional. Dan offered recommendations for local restaurants (I loved the calzone at Bianchi's) and gave me gummy bears one night after I got in. These are small but really thoughtful touches. It's nice to deal with hotel staff that are friendly, knowledgeable, and happy to help. Plus, most of the gem shows are about 5 to 15 minutes away. I'll definitely stay here next year for the trip. Note: I haven't tried the continental breakfast, but it's nice that it's included in the price of the room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank NFinMKE S
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear NFinMKE S,

Thank you so much for your review and rating. I'm sorry you were disturbed by noise, and offer my sincere apologies. Our staff members aim to do everything in their power to fulfill our guests’ needs, even when that guest doesn't know they "need" gummy bears!. Dan is terrific and inspires all of us to do our best with every guest, every day, and I'll ensure he is properly rewarded for his efforts. I hope we can serve you here the next time you are in Tucson.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Was really concerned about our stay because of some reviews. Unfounded. Truly great service, good breakfast and safe area. Bedspreads are odd but totally clean. Only complaint, rugs do need shampooing. Avoid rooms near elevators and ice machines. Everything was wonderful!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear TA Member,

Thanks for being willing to make up your own mind about us, and for posting your comments. I agree about the carpets needing more attention, and it is something we will be taking care of in the next couple of days. I hope you will stay with us again and let us know how we can earn another star or two from you during your visit.

Wakefield
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our brother/sister reunion booked five rooms at the Hampton Inn-North. Our experience was beyond our expectations. Rooms were clean, breakfast was good but what made our trip exceptional was the staff. We were treated as though we were at the Ritz Carlton. One employee especially, Julien, was more than helpful and more than accommodating. He made sure our every need was met and offered helpful advice for any and all questions we asked. Our entire family would highly recommend this motel!

Dear Merlin S,

Thanks for choosing to have your brother-sister reunion at our hotel and for taking the time to write and share your experience here. It was wonderful for us to see so many people connecting and reconnecting while you were here, and reminding us how important family is for everyone. Julien is excellent, I agree, and he and the rest of the team really appreciate your kind words and recognition. We value your business and your recommendation and hope we can serve you here again.

Litchfield Park, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The rooms are clean, the continental breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly. This will be our choice of hotel when visiting Tucson. I would recomment this hotel for a short getaway or even a business trip. The prices were right on spot....

Dear Marybeth H,

Thanks for posting your great review and 5 star rating of our hotel. It is always gratifying to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are here.

Missouri
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We have stayed here several times, and our stay is always comfortable….room ready, I always like their beds, cleanliness, and attention to detail in the room. Their evening desk representative, Dan, even went above and beyond expectations in helping clean up a mess that i made when spilling some hot chocolate milk…..Totally my fault, but great service in cleaning it up promptly. You would have thought he had nothing else to do, but i seriously doubt that.

Room Tip: When available, take a room with a couch, much more relaxing to watch TV, read, etc…of an evening.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear mountainMissouri,

Thanks for your many visits and for posting such a nice review. I'm glad you know you can count on us for excellent service and wonderful accommodations. Dan is terrific and inspires all of us to do our best with every guest, every day. I'll be sure that he receives the positive recognition he deserves for being mentioned her by you. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person.

Goodyear, United States
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Nice quality quiet room. The breakfast is very good to start the day, a nice extra not the typical "continental". It was a very pleasant stay, I would recommend this hotel for your next visit to Tucson.

Dear Michael M,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your nice comments. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide and appreciate your recommendation. I hope we can serve you here again.

austin
Reviewed January 23, 2014

would stay there again, love the hampton inn. I have stayed in Hampton Inn's is different locations and they were always nice and clean. The bed is very comfortable and nice. The staff was great and told me the best place to order food. It was the best eggplant pram. sandwich I have ever had. =)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Dear objules,

Thank you very much for your loyalty to the Hampton family of hotels, and for posting your nice review and 5 star rating. We pride ourselves in guaranteeing your satisfaction at every Hampton Inn and are glad that you know and rely on this promise. I hope you will be our guest here again.