“North Hampton Inn---Tucson”

Ranked #33 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Cincinnati
“North Hampton Inn---Tucson”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

A Hampton Inn is a Hampton Inn, but this one was particularly clean and it also had a
very friendly and helpful staff. I'll stay there again if I ever return to Tucson. Again, the
staff went out of its way to be helpful.

Room Tip: We were able to get the last room available so I can't help with other rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Linda W,

Thank you very much for your loyalty to the Hampton family of hotels, and for posting your nice comments and 5 star rating. It is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost in service, comfort, cleanliness, value and facilities, and I am glad we exceeded your expectations. We really
appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 15, 2014

First let me start by saying that this is a "pet friendly" hotel, so don't be shocked when you hear dogs barking. The hotel was very busy but we were met by polite workers. The parking was minimal in lighted areas and did not appear to be safe. We were, however, approached by the security that was working that night and allowed to park by the front entry because we had a lot of items in our vehicle. We appreciated that. We arrived late in the evening so there was no place to eat but were told about a sandwich shop that delivered...it was perfect. The fact that this was and is a pet friendly hotel, I felt that the place was very clean and smelled nice. I did notice a few stains on the carpet but if you have animals in there, that is to be expected. The room was nice and quiet as well.

1 Thank Karen J
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Karen J,

Thanks for posting your nice review and rating. We value all guest feedback and really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. I'm sorry about the stains and offer my apologies. I hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Excellent in all areas for traveling stop over. Would recommend different breakfast hot items daily. It seems when you are traveling cross country and stay at different Hampton Inns you have the same hot items for breakfast. It would be better to have different items.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank P8281OXgeorges
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear TA Member,

Thanks for choosing our hotel for your recent stopover in Tucson. I'm sorry you were disappointed with our breakfast choices and agree that more variety would be better. I will share your comments with the proper people at the brand so they can take them into consideration when they are discussing menu options for the future. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton family of hotels, and your feedback, which we will use to make improvements and changes. I hope we can serve you here again.

San Diego, United States
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I chose this hotel in advance because I thought it was outside of the Tucson city limits, so it might be easy to get in and out of. It was definitely in the city and is a challenge to actually pull in to (I had a large moving van). The room was clean, the view was nice, the price was definitely not in correlation with the room (145 dollars for a king room with heavily stained carpet). A few restaurants will deliver to this location, and there is a circle K close by. This hotel does not have water in it's vending machine. I had to call a restaurant to deliver a bottle since I could not walk to the circle K. That was a major downside. The freeway seemed like it was mere feet from our window, it was very, very noisy and the police were active with sirens all night, not a quiet place.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Somer H
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Somer H,

Thanks for taking the time to share your candid comments about us. I am sorry you were disappointed in your room and other aspects of your stay and offer my apologies for the disturbance and discomfort you experienced here. We'd like the chance to make amends and hope you will contact us via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can discuss this further.

Laguna Niguel
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed at this Hampton Inn the following night after the Hampton Inn in Van Horn, TX
It was the same standard (below average) and noes not meet the rating given; the only redeeming factor was that it was half the price of the Van Horn location; again not the breakfast promoted, no muffins, all the Jam was the poorest flavor limited yoghurt etc. etc.
The gentleman working reception was pleasant; ladies only minimal politeness!
We booked ahead for two Queen Beds got 1 King, I was told it would be on the second floor was on the third and we have a large dog. I personally believe that they gave our room to the gentlemen in front of me who had no reservations but wanted two queen beds and a rollaway.
I still cannot believe this is owned by Hilton; I wonder if 'Paris' would accept this level of accommodation.
Hampton Inns will never be on my schedule again!

1 Thank greg s
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear greg s,

I am sorry we did not live up to the standards that you have experienced at other Hamptons and offer my apologies. Please don't let this one experience make you leave the brand. I understand your disappointment and frustration regarding your room, breakfast and the service you received and appreciate your candid comments, which we will use in discussions and training to make necessary improvements to our operation. We would like the opportunity to make amends and hope you will contact us via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can discuss this personally.

Oakley, California
Reviewed January 8, 2014

As my husband and I embarked on a cross country trip. Our first stop was in Tucson. Hampton can always be counted on for clean rooms and friendly staff. I can only wish the other Hampton's are as reasonable.

Dear MrsAldred,

Thank you very much for posting your nice review about your recent stay with us. We really appreciate your loyalty to the Hampton family of hotels, and appreciate your kind words about our hotel and team. I hope we can welcome you back and serve you here again.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was very disappointed with my stay at the Hampton Inn in Tuscon. I've previously stayed at several Hampton Inns and I've always been pleased with my stay. My first concern was the comforter on the bed. It was lumpy like something you would find in grandma's attic. The bed looked horrible. When we informed the front desk, the manager told us that's how it's supposed to look. It was unlike any other bed I've seen at a Hampton Inn. Fresh cookies is a nice touch by most Hampton Inns. At 7:30 pm this Hampton Inn had an empty cookie jar. This was blamed on 75 year old guests making three trips to the cookie jar. Either the front desk was being lazy or management is cheap. Breakfast was a joke. There was no yogurt or orange juice. The breakfast attendant indicated that the delivery truck had not arrived. This was at 7:30 am. Hampton Inn has a 100% satisfaction guarantee, however when I mentioned these things at checkout, nothing was done to make it right. If you stay at this hotel, you have been warned that it is mislabeled.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear GeddyGolf,

I am very sorry we did not perform up Hampton Standards during your recent visit, and hope you will accept my apologies. We would like to invoke our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, and hope that you will contact us via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can discuss this personally. We value your business and your input, which helps us make changes and improvements to our operation.
I hope you will give us a chance to regain your respect.