“Ok, but in need of an update!”

Hampton Inn Tucson-North
Ranked #30 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Southern Illinois
“Ok, but in need of an update!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed for one night at this location. Hotel was very clean, but in drastic need of an update. The deadbolt in our room did not work. We did not feel safe at all! We chose not to mention this to the desk personnel as we did not want to draw attention to the fact in case others might be listening, etc....The microwave in our room actually had a timer with a knob on it instead of buttons to push. There was no soap in the bathroom upon arrival. Water in the bathroom faucet changed abruptly from cold to scorching hot at the same setting. One small trash can in the room overflowed very quickly. Heating unit was very noisy!. Beds were ok. We expected more from a Hampton--definitely not worth the price we paid for the room!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure that repairs are made so this does not recur. Please don't let this one bad stay influence your opinion of the entire Hampton brand. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider giving us another chance to earn your trust.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Everything was clean and bright. Staff willing to go the extra mile to be sure we were comfortable. Desk staff was accommodating regarding changing reservations and making sure we got the best room. Food was exceptional--quality. And the complimentary breakfast bar had endless choices. The bar area was immaculate. Rooms so comfortable. A/C was a bit noisy, but worked well. Will be back to this one for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to make your very first TA review about your recent experience here. I'm sorry about the noisy air conditioner and hope you will accept my apologies. We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from and are really appreciate your kind words and 5 star rating. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you stay with us.
Dundas, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

You pick Hampton because it is convenient, predictable and good value. We were not disappointed. Right off the highway we found it. Servic e was excellent. The front dest helped us plan the following day, gave us directions and recommended a restaurant nearby that was good. A safe bet that I can heartily recommend. Limited highway noise.

Room Tip: Choosing a room not facing the highway would be quieter. The hotel was sold out so we got what we go...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton brand, and for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. We really appreciate your kind words about the service you received, and hope you will let us enjoy more of Tucson the next time you are here.
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed for one night. Hotel was very clean and comfortable. Easy access off highway. Desk clerk recommended restaurant nearby (Rusty's) that was excellent plus we got 10% off as hotel guests. Highly recommend!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying with us and sharing your comments. I'm glad you liked Rusty's and appreciate the recommendation. I hope we can serve you the next time you are in the area.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

My colleague left his bags in his room, packed and ready to go, because it was his checkout day and we were not clear on whether we would extend our meeting at our nearby offices. His plan was to request an additional day if we decided to extend.

He forgot to do this, and we did extend, by two days. When we arrived back at the hotel that afternoon, the receptionist was surly, judgmental, and curt with my associate. I was standing behind him watching. My associate was apologetic and asked if there was a room and was told “NO” with judgmental finality and no offer of help. Abraham apologized and the receptionist offered that he could walk next door, “…where the rooms are cheaper.” That hotel (GRANT INN) is not a good choice in my opinion.

The remainder of our party of 12 attendees to the meeting was staying at the nearby Holiday Inn Express. My colleague eventually got a room there, through his own efforts, and walked to that hotel.

THe receptionist could have offered to call around; there are several choices in the immediate area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked this hotel for just one night. It was very nice, clean, well kept, bathroom looked new. I was happy with it overall. Would stay here again. Only thing I didnt like had to park in back lot, a little scary

Room Tip: King room top floor, very nice
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to make your very first TA review about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry you were unhappy with our parking lot and hope you will accept my apologies. I understand how scary things can look when you are not familiar with them, and appreciate your comments. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you the next time you are in Tucson.
Burleson, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our one night stay was perfect after being on the road for many hours; we were returning from my mother's funeral so my emotional state was not very upbeat but I actually found myself laughing and enjoying the check in process. I would recommend this motel to anyone who needs a clean room, friendly staff and pretty good breakfast...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DoubleAgent8
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit. Please accept my sincere condolences for your loss, and I am glad we were able to give you a bit of a break from your sorrow. I hope we can serve you here again under more relaxing and enjoyable circumstances another time.