“One bad personal interaction, otherwise, a good choice.”

Hampton Inn Tucson-North
Ranked #36 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My colleague left his bags in his room, packed and ready to go, because it was his checkout day and we were not clear on whether we would extend our meeting at our nearby offices. His plan was to request an additional day if we decided to extend.

He forgot to do this, and we did extend, by two days. When we arrived back at the hotel that afternoon, the receptionist was surly, judgmental, and curt with my associate. I was standing behind him watching. My associate was apologetic and asked if there was a room and was told “NO” with judgmental finality and no offer of help. Abraham apologized and the receptionist offered that he could walk next door, “…where the rooms are cheaper.” That hotel (GRANT INN) is not a good choice in my opinion.

The remainder of our party of 12 attendees to the meeting was staying at the nearby Holiday Inn Express. My colleague eventually got a room there, through his own efforts, and walked to that hotel.

THe receptionist could have offered to call around; there are several choices in the immediate area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked this hotel for just one night. It was very nice, clean, well kept, bathroom looked new. I was happy with it overall. Would stay here again. Only thing I didnt like had to park in back lot, a little scary

Room Tip: King room top floor, very nice
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to make your very first TA review about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry you were unhappy with our parking lot and hope you will accept my apologies. I understand how scary things can look when you are not familiar with them, and appreciate your comments. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you the next time you are in Tucson.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our one night stay was perfect after being on the road for many hours; we were returning from my mother's funeral so my emotional state was not very upbeat but I actually found myself laughing and enjoying the check in process. I would recommend this motel to anyone who needs a clean room, friendly staff and pretty good breakfast...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DoubleAgent8

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit. Please accept my sincere condolences for your loss, and I am glad we were able to give you a bit of a break from your sorrow. I hope we can serve you here again under more relaxing and enjoyable circumstances another time.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

we stopped by late one night from Ca. very nice staff, cleane place, PET FRIENDLY. Me, my wife and dog, (Tommy) all had a great stay. for a last min stop this was on of the BEST places we've ever stayed. we're planning another trip soon and will be stopping by again, Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Edward D

Thanks for staying with us and sharing your experience. We do love meeting new guests and their pets, and I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourselves here. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were here for about one week during the 2013 Tucson gem show and everything was great - comfortable rooms and good coffee for free all day long, not just during the breakfast. The complimentary internet and printer just off the lobby is a nice touch. Manager Don is always helpful with any requests and the entire staff is friendly. We will be back.

Room Tip: The rooms with a jacuzzi are worth a minor splurge - it's a big tub with powerful jets
2  Thank RB9888

Thank you for you lengthy stay and for taking the time to share your great comments about us. We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from and we want all our guests to be happy they decided to stay with us by doing whatever we can to ensure you have a great stay. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you here.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This place did not meet the standards that I expect from Hampton Inn. It smelled like a low end motel... the room felt unclean... and there was someone else's hair on the bed sheets. The lighting was cold and unromantic.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ngangadean

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

from don the gm to theodora in the breakfast area..every one here is happy and helpful…the hotel is centrally and conveniently located to everywhere in tucson….the work out facility is recently and attractively updated as is the breakfast area…for a night or a weekend it is pleasant…the hot tub and pool are an added joy heated too !!!

Room Tip: i think all the rooms would be ok…
1  Thank Gypsy1102

Thanks for your visit and nice review about us. Hampton's new Jump Start Fitness and Perfect Mix Lobby are big improvements over what we had, and I'm glad you liked and were able to enjoy them both during your stay. We really appreciate your kind words and acknowledgement of jobs well done by our team and hope we can serve you here again soon.