“Great place in Tucson”

Ranked #28 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great place in Tucson”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were here for about one week during the 2013 Tucson gem show and everything was great - comfortable rooms and good coffee for free all day long, not just during the breakfast. The complimentary internet and printer just off the lobby is a nice touch. Manager Don is always helpful with any requests and the entire staff is friendly. We will be back.

Room Tip: The rooms with a jacuzzi are worth a minor splurge - it's a big tub with powerful jets
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RB9888
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for you lengthy stay and for taking the time to share your great comments about us. We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from and we want all our guests to be happy they decided to stay with us by doing whatever we can to ensure you have a great stay. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This place did not meet the standards that I expect from Hampton Inn. It smelled like a low end motel... the room felt unclean... and there was someone else's hair on the bed sheets. The lighting was cold and unromantic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ngangadean
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 9, 2013

from don the gm to theodora in the breakfast area..every one here is happy and helpful…the hotel is centrally and conveniently located to everywhere in tucson….the work out facility is recently and attractively updated as is the breakfast area…for a night or a weekend it is pleasant…the hot tub and pool are an added joy heated too !!!

Room Tip: i think all the rooms would be ok…
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gypsy1102
Thanks for your visit and nice review about us. Hampton's new Jump Start Fitness and Perfect Mix Lobby are big improvements over what we had, and I'm glad you liked and were able to enjoy them both during your stay. We really appreciate your kind words and acknowledgement of jobs well done by our team and hope we can serve you here again soon.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed January 26, 2013

NIUce Clean and comfortable rooms that are very well maintained, lobby always looks great the breakfast bar always looks inviting in the morning. Front desk people are very warm, friendly and professional and they can not do enough for you especially Don Harrison.
Don is such a people person, he was very nice and friendly and warm in all my interactions with him while I stayed there. My room number was #110 and my wife's and my experience that Don's place was fantastic!

Room Tip: Don Harrison makes thsi hotel as he is the GM
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave M
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your fantastic review and 5 star rating. I know you have a lot of hotels to choose from and we do everything we can to make sure our guests are happy with their decision to stay with us. Don is a terrific manager and leads by example, inspiring all of us to out best with every guest, every day. I know he'll appreciate your kind words. We hope we can welcome you back and serve you here again soon.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

From the minute we arrived we felt welcomed! Our room was wonderful. Very clean and comfortable. Hot breakfast the following morning was a plus! Staff was exceptional and friendly and the hotel is pet friendly which is a must for us. We will stay again!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Thespanglers
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thanks for making your very first TA review about your recent experience at our hotel. I'm glad you and your four legged furry family member were happy with the accommodations and service we provide and hope you will be our guests again soon.
Mukilteo, Washington
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I needed a place for one night and was able to book a room at a reasonable price. I didn't know that the lobby was under renovation. They were using the front desk while the construction chaos was all around them. Imagine trying to cook a meal while your kitchen is torn up and you can have some idea of the working conditions for the poor young lady working that evening. We eventually got checked-in to a typical, clean Hampton Inn room.

Coming back from dinner we discovered one limitation to the property. The number of parking places isn't adequate for the number of rooms. We parked in the gravel lot in the back. The neighborhood looked a bit dodgy and I wasn't really happy leaving my car that far away from the building. It does have good freeway access and it was clean and quiet. That was really all I needed for one night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank namsman
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your candid comments. I'm sorry if our remodeling project interfered with your visit,and am glad you were happy with your room. We completed the remodeling project and hope you will let us know what you think the next time you stay with us.
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed November 26, 2012

As I pulled up to the Hampton Inn Tucson North I was a bit concerned to find the hotel undergoing renovations. I immdetiately assumed, unfairly mind you, the hotel would or could not provide the accomodations and or services that I had grown accustomed to as Hilton Honors Diamond Member.
As I walked in I was immediately greeted by an incredibly corgile, knowlegeable, and most importantly, accomodating manager named Chrystal. She apologized for the state the lobby was in and suggested the property was currently upgrading its breakfast area and fitness center. As she pulled my registration she immediately acknoweldged my "Diamond" status and offered me a complimentary room upgrade. Chrystal then proceeded to inform me that if I had any interest in working out, a local gym close by would allow me complientary guest access to their facilities. She also informed me that breakfast services and coffee would be available as always and were simply located in another room on the first floor. Needless to say I was pleased by her effort and attention to detail.
As i entered my room, a complimentary water and snack were awaiting me on the nightstand as well as a brief letter welcoming me and apologizing for the renovations. Shortly there after the front desk called and asked if the accomodations were to my liking and if there was anything I needed. The room was spacious, clean, and any ammenties I needed were at my disposal.
In the morning I was pleased to find a USA today at my door and multiple breakfast options including scrambled eggs and turkey sausage in the makeshift lobby on the first floor. After enjoying my breakfast I went to the front desk to find my bill had already been printed and was ready to go. The General Manager Don asked if I would like an on the go breakfast bag as I was walking out the door. Again, attention to detail.
Overall I would say this was one of my best hotel experiences in recent memory regardless of any renovations. Thanks Hampton Inn Tucson North!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian G
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Tucson-North, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to make your very first TA review about your recent experience at our hotel. Crystal is terrific, and she leads by example, inspiring all of us to do our best every day, with every guest. We really appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton family of hotels, and your understanding of some of the challenges faced when improvements are being made on site. I hope you will like the end result when you stay with us next.